News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Live Broadcasting

Tagon

I know Delmar had talked about recording and sharing the game sessions when the most recent campaign started, but he didn't get a chance to research it.

Recently I have been doing some live broadcasts via a couple of means and have found live streams to be the easy way to do it. Easily capturing your game screen as well as your output and inputs and giving you a basic mixer to make it sound right.

I was wondering if one of the players would be interested in broadcasting the weekly sessions to the new CotP LiveStream. It is easy and doesn't require a lot of computing power. If someone is interested please let me know so I can help you get set up and ready to broadcast. I am not available to do the broadcast tomorrow, so if someone is interested I need to know soon I do have time tonight to help you get set up and ready.

Also check out the channel http://www.livestream.com/cotp

First I need you to sign up for a LiveStream account as a watcher is fine.

Let me know the user name you pick and I will add you as a producer. After that you need to download the LiveStream ProCaster (free)

Then it is just a matter of setting it up come game time, if you like I can arrange a time we can try it out, I have made test channel that I can add you as a producer on as well and we can run a test broadcast. The software makes it easy to broadcast just a game screen but I am not sure if it will recognize MapTool as a game in which case you would have do it as a screen capture.

To be totally honest, it wasn't that I didn't have time to research it, the problem was I'm just not computer saavy enough to get it to work.  I tried several free programs, but couldn't get it to work properly.

I still think it would be a cool idea.  lol, especially after listening to so many BORING podcasts of gameplay.  Most of the time I just listen thinking "I would have either quit this group after the first session or invested in personality transplants for everyone at the table."

Good luck with the project.  Let me know if there is something (very low tech and preferably low INT) that I can help with.

No one has stepped up to the plate...are you volunteering?

If I had time on Saturdays I would be playing, but I was thinking if it is not you, you could do the broadcasting.

Liquid you are added to both the CotPTest channel and the main CotP channel. Feel free to experiment in CotPTest and of course once you feel comfortable the main channel.

If you have any questions please ask.

If I had time on Saturdays I would be playing, but I was thinking if it is not you, you could do the broadcasting.

::blinks::

Of course I'll help in whatever way you like (or, I should say, in whatever way I am capable).  When I looked into programs, I was trying to find one that captured audio and video.  The problem I ran into was with the audio capture.  I could get it to record my video feed and my audio out, but I couldn't get audio in, so my voice was the only one that could be heard.

You're talking about narration, so I'm assuming you are doing it a different way.  Is it just the narration or is there also some type of audio of our actual gameplay?  Is there a video feed as well?

Audio seems to be problematic for me too.

Some programs will record my mic, but won't let me speak into Vent and the like... others will record audio coming from speakers/programs, but won't let me hear.

Have not tried livestream yet to see what it will do.

Perhaps some sort of mixer has to be setup that all audio (in/out) runs through, and gets ported out through multiple locations? I also think something can be done with USB microphones. You'd have two inputs with a sound card and USB mic, so I think that might be helpful.

Maybe...

That Procaster I asked you to download does the audio mixing for you. You just need to set the sources if you have multiple ins and outs. One of the reason why I went with it over all the other options. It has it's issues but it can mix the audio.