News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • "RIFTS" by Palladium Books & "BattleTech" by FASA

Arcturys

NOTE: I don't know if this is the purpose of this forum, and if it isn't, a moderator can always just delete this post.

I've been a fan of both "RIFTS" and "BattleTech" for nearly two decades now, and have been running games for nearly as long. RIFTS is a very details-focused, combination fantasy/sci-fi pen & paper RPG by Palladium Books, although I also like to use some tabletop elements in the game as well. BattleTech is a tabletop miniatures strategy game from FASA (now run by FanPro).

I have a plethora of materials for both games (moreso for RIFTS), and ever since moving to Texas I've been unable to find a good group to game with. I live in the north Dallas area (Plano), and was wondering if we have any other CotP members near here that might be interested in starting a group for one game or the other. I don't even necessarily have to run the games; I'd just like to play them with other people that are into it, and the CotP group seems like the ideal bunch to play these kinds of games with.

I was thinking we could start by meeting once or twice a month somewhere around here. There are a couple of shops near me that allow gaming, but they aren't spectacular and don't have a lot of space. I admittedly don't know much about what's available around here yet, as I'm originally from Michigan. Up there, we had a couple of good locations for gaming, but one shop was absolutely wonderful. I'm hoping to find something like that here in Texas.

• 2 years later...