CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY
By Throne

CotP and Fallout 76

Fallout 76's full release date was announced at Bethesda's E3 conference, and it's coming this year on November 14th, 2018 on PC
Now, please feel free to rewind your gaming memory to June, 2015...
ARK: Survival Evolved's early release showed up on Steam, and surprised the heck out of most CotP members, including myself.  Despite the server stability and networking issues, the game was quite a hit with CotP members and certainly made a lasting impact on this community.
While Fallout 76 is not sneaking up on anyone who doesn't live under a rock, I am personally hoping for another CotP adventure filled with good times akin to our experience in the early days of ARK's early release.  I hope to meet plenty of CotP gamers who I haven't had the opportunity to game with in the past, and potentially add a few new names to my eternal (short)  list of people I generally pretend to like.  Similar to ARK, I also expect we will have enough participation to garner some internal competition....(hopefully a change from the standard Throne's team vs Damis' team we generally end up in).
We do not have any plans for an official CotP group in the current BETA, however, as always, we will rely on our established team of early testers to give us a head start on how the game plays and where the early focus needs to be.
The group forum is up and open to whomever would like to join in on the discussions and plans.
General information:  

Read more...
By Elric

New Ark Expansion!

If you haven't already seen it, the new Ark expansion was released yesterday.  The new expansion, "Extinction", takes the players back to Earth to find a ravaged homeworld with all sorts of new creatures and challenges.  It seems like they've taken some popular mod content and created some massive "Titans" that function as world bosses throughout the new map. 
The new launch trailer: 

COTP does not have an "official" server right now.  Currently Cecil and I run a private server for any COTP members that want to join.  Hit me up via PM if you would like to give it a try!  We are working with our hosting company to get the new expansion server up today.
Here is the official content notes from the Steam page:

Read more...
By Damis

MapleStory 2 Chapter Created.

October 6th, Covenant of the Phoenix created a new chapter in MapleStory 2 on the North America East server.  MapleStory 2 will officially launch on October 10th, but people can start playing the game now if they bought a Head Start account. 
MapleStory 2 is a new MMORPG set in a colorful 3D block universe. Vastly different than the original game, MapleStory 2 will allow players to build their own worlds, levels, and share them with each other. The familiar Action RPG combat is back, but this time in a 3D isometric angle.
MapleStory 2 takes place before the events of MapleStory, and the rise of the Black Mage. The origin of the world's life, time, and space are kept in balance through the actions of three Sages, who live in Lapenta. Dark forces, however, broke the balance and put the world in crisis.
COTP Chapter Page: https://covenantofthephoenix.com/gc/25-maplestory-2/
Game Link:  http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/landing
Head Start info:  http://maplestory2.nexon.net/en/founders
Read more...
By Damis

Star Wars Galaxies Emulator Server.

Star Wars Galaxies is a sandbox MMO set in the Star Wars universe shortly after the destruction of the first Deathstar above Yavin IV.  Star Wars Galaxies officially closed on 15th December 2011.  SWGEmu aims to emulate Star Wars Galaxies in it's Pre-CU era, version 14.1. The current game is stable, and all the classes are working, such as the creature handler, droid engineer and Jedi. 
We have members playing on the Basilisk server which has a large and active community base.  We have established a city on Dantooine and have entertainers and doctors available to buff members.
Some of the CotP members have started doing the Jedi Village quests on their way to becoming a Jedi.  Note, this the pre-nge Jedi, which requires players to put in time and effort to actually earn something great.  I was one of a handful of Jedi in our old CotP guild on Bloodfin in the original game and I can personally attest that becoming a Jedi was the proudest moment in my gaming history.  It took Months of hard work, but when I finally crafted and activated my light saber, it sent chills down my back.  No other game has ever given me that sort of satisfaction.  
The emu server does not have Jump to Lightspeed (JTL) working yet, but they do have shipwrights in place.  When JTL finally gets rolled out, I expect there will be a surge of veterans players returning to the game. 
Members interested in trying out the game or would like more information should contact Aveno in discord.
Basilisk 
https://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php
Rules and policies
https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120

Read more...
News Ticker
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
  • Enjoy your summer everyone!
Meander

game I've been working on: Phoenix Run

Ok Phoenix Run is Public, and Testing sub forum is member only

ty so much Zug :) although I guess I could have done it myself too.... just like to ask first :)Just tested it, a guest can see the Phoenix run forum, but cant see the posts within the forum. I'll take a look at the permissions when I get a chance, if you can't get to it.

Edited by Meander

here is a few of my models

newbit6.jpgpicker1.pngsteve_ship_02.jpg

Nice clean models, is that Lightwave?

ty so much Zug smile3.gif although I guess I could have done it myself too.... just like to ask first smile3.gif

Just tested it, a guest can see the Phoenix run forum, but cant see the posts within the forum. I'll take a look at the permissions when I get a chance, if you can't get to it.

Fixed

Been working on the game, but haven't made a lot of updates here. Building my own limited custom physics. I'm doing this too ensure that the game fps stays up high. Right now collision is working in the space part of the game. Right now you slide off of the target. It runs well and fast.

Also in the last few months I have also implemented a data and game server for the game using mono (C# for Linux). Multi-player is now in the game. Chat and emotes are also available. It's working well.

Chebar has been working on models, and doing a great job. We have a starter capitol ship were working with atm.

Here is a new pic, It shows the new striker class small capitol ship (we are still making changes), a space station off to the right, and the other "thing" is a jump gate to another system. you can see the chat and an emote. The chat and emotes go to the server and are displayed to everyone, so the fact that your seeing it mean it's through the server. The 170 FPS is on my crappy laptop. The PPS is the rating of how many writes to the game server is being done per second. The game data connection runs independently in it's own thread.

20121115Striker.jpg

Edited by Meander

Looks great Meander. PR reminds me alot of X3 and how addicted I got to that :).

Spry

well, I think X3 might have better graphics, but my goal is for it to run fast on almost any PC, as well as being able to manage a lot of peeps in one zone. There is a new production release. It includes fixes to the memory leak in ground terrain creation. There was a bug preventing anyone from using a jumpgate which is fixed. You can shoot red balls at eachother now. It tells you if you hit someone.

The physics is implemented is a way that is useful, and also cpu cheap. You can collide with things now. I'm happy with it for the moment. You can also turn your thrusters off, turn and fire while still moving in the original direction. The movement physics is not real space physics. You slow down pretty fast, but at least your heading is a combination of your current heading and the direction you were moving, weighted by how much thrust your using. I may make is closer to real space physics, but I am a little worried people may find it difficult to fly.

Next (I think) I will work on some instability with objects when scenes are changed, as well as shoring up the terrain code for planet surfaces.

Here is a new pic, nothing big. If you look close you can see the red balls I fired at the refinery, that haven't hit yet. You can also see in the chat window that I've hit some stuff.

Image6.jpg

Weel, maybe you cant see them. I can see them in the original picture. The red balls are for testing. When I change it to a particle ball, it will be more visible.

Been reworking the database and sign on.  Creating a more standard way to create an account on http://phoenixrun.game-host.org .  Also I wanted to post the crappy video I made a couple months ago here in this post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHNY3WcqWpE

Hi,

I've been working on the web site for the game, and creating an easier way to create a game id, game character and download the installer.  I've got it working now through the website.  The website uses a self signed certificate (that is, one I created instead of buying), so you will get a security warning that you will have to make an exception for. 

The site is http://phoenixrun.game-host.org

here you can:

• register an account.
  • manage your account.
  • create or delete characters.
  • view your characters.

The new game launcher / updater will ask you which of your characters you with to log on with, after you check for new updates.  Some things to keep in mind are:

• you should only try to land on Terra One, other planets are not finished and you will get stuck in errors.
  • You can fly around and shoot stuff, but you don't really destroy anything yet.
  • I've been fighting some server instability lately.
  • Your old characters are deleted :(
  • the new and correct game launcher / updater is version 1.0. 
  • you should create a game id and your first character on the website before you try to log in.

For anyone who has previously use the old method of creating a character to log in with using the forum, That no longer works, and those characters are no longer in game.  you may need to uninstall the game and download the newer installer from the web site if you have any issues. 

I have been getting impatient with my progress, so I am going to take the time next to make it so characters and actually damage each others ships and you can re-spawn when you die.  So at least maybe a few people can have some fun now and then. 

Also If you feel like it, please download the installer and try it out, then post any feedback on what happened.  Please post in a new topic in this forum.

thanx :)

I could make some models for you, if i knew how =P 

I was mucking around with some distance factoring code last night and broke the collision and physics :(  I'll get it fixed soon.  On the up side, things are moving along well to add actual fighter combat to the game.  I have a new system and combat messages notification where the text of any nearby combat hits goes.  I'll post a pic of it later.  I also am working on the pieces to allow one to swap out different engines, reactors, weapons ect... to a fighter, as well as factoring mass, hit points, shield points, armor, damage, ect.. from that information for each ship.  My goal is to have rudimentary combat by the end of May.  Then maybe ppl will test it more and find bugs for me :)

Fixed the physics problem over lunch, I'll release it in a minute.  Here is a new pic of the system messaging / hit messaging in use.  It's at the top center.  I know, not really a big thing, but it is to me :)

20130501StrikerHit.jpg