News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Interested in playing?

Vessa

• CotP Sentinel

I am definitely interested. My only concern would be if it released around the same time as GW2, as that right now is the most anticipated new game for me.

I am on the fence about this one. I purchased the game so I could get into the Betas and give it a shot.

-different combat..chain skilling, option to auto-chain via spacebar

-dodging, missing, positioning

-customization, seems to be many equip slots and buffs/enchants

-more in-depth crafting that rift/swtor (i think)

Dislikes:

-very heavy asian MMO feel about it

-weak story..or rather I just dont care and auto-accept quests

-crafting and combat could become a dislike after I experience them, and do dungeons/pvp

Again, I'm on the fence, so we'll see how the next couple Beta's go, and whether or not it can grab my interest.

Some of the ranged classes that can kite will be very frustrating for melee in the early levels. Your tools to chase them down and methods of attack are understandably lacking.

• 2 weeks later...

I pre-ordered the game last night so I can get into the next couple betas. Very curious about this game and hope to stay in it for a while. Ended up skipping SW:TOR, so I hope this turns into a game I can play for awhile.

Going to give it a shot, but it doesn't look like my cup of tea. I am more of a UO'ish / Archeage kind of guy which there are not alot of options out right now like that.

I'm not here to insult this game, so, please don't take this post that way..

I watched a few videos on youtube for the PvP.. seems like a mixture of street fighter and maybe.. FFXI? It also feels really anime, which is fine, if you like that, but it's really not for me. I don't like the cartoony look of some of the characters.

Now, you may be wondering why I came on here to post this.. the answer? I saw an ad in PCGamer and thought I'd check to see if we had a chapter. After I saw that we did, I went to youtube to check out some of the videos. The graphics and the like look fine, but it still feels like an anime game.. which I've never really been a fan of.

I'm not here to insult this game, so, please don't take this post that way..

I watched a few videos on youtube for the PvP.. seems like a mixture of street fighter and maybe.. FFXI? It also feels really anime, which is fine, if you like that, but it's really not for me. I don't like the cartoony look of some of the characters.

Now, you may be wondering why I came on here to post this.. the answer? I saw an ad in PCGamer and thought I'd check to see if we had a chapter. After I saw that we did, I went to youtube to check out some of the videos. The graphics and the like look fine, but it still feels like an anime game.. which I've never really been a fan of.

Well yes its a different art style, and the very fact that it is Korean explains that direction and types of character models. Some like it, some dont. The strengths of this game lie in its unique combat style and its open world pvp, and the fact that there is....content. Many players are simply bored of the games they have been playing... and unique combat, classes, and enemies/mechanics are just what they need to get out of a gaming slump.

I myself will be making my decision based on the last two beta tests.

• CotP Sentinel

i'm one of those gamers who is in the gaming slump, and playing this last beta weekend really made me smile, i enjoyed the open world pvp, the first dungeon i played was a lot of fun, i look forward to cbt 4, as for the style i love anime so i guess it is a choice. I would try it before judging on videos but to each their own :)

Some Dumas is going to let me try his account this weekend so I will let you know after that. Then I will be offering up the account on Ebay but you all can have first dibs. ;)

Also going to PAX in two weeks and the dev's will be there so maybe I can score a key or copy for me :)

• Administrators

Some Dumas is going to let me try his account this weekend so I will let you know after that. Then I will be offering up the account on Ebay but you all can have first dibs. ;)

Where is the ban stick when you need it. :aikido:

Well yes its a different art style, and the very fact that it is Korean explains that direction and types of character models. Some like it, some dont. The strengths of this game lie in its unique combat style and its open world pvp, and the fact that there is....content. Many players are simply bored of the games they have been playing... and unique combat, classes, and enemies/mechanics are just what they need to get out of a gaming slump.

I myself will be making my decision based on the last two beta tests.

I don't see how "open pvp" is really a feature. There needs to be some meat and potatoes behind a pvp system. . Simply being able to attack other players is nothing to write home about. This seems like another PVE themepark game with a pvp system similar to WoW's pvp servers. You will have a few lowbie gankers here and there but no epic pvp moments to speak of.

Edited by Secos

Im messing around on beta right now and very interested in joining the tera chapter into launch I'm Planning on playing Berserker and have a friend that will be playing Archer come launch.

also GvG combat is amazing being able to duke it out with other guilds is amazing also i will be trying to become vanarch as often as i can so i can control the game in my own way its just epic to me and a lot of the stuff its coming up with are pretty cool like you can duke it out with someone to decide who becomes vanarch in certain pvp areas and others allow you to be voted for and such its wicked.

• CotP Sentinel

I don't see how "open pvp" is really a feature. There needs to be some meat and potatoes behind a pvp system. . Simply being able to attack other players is nothing to write home about. This seems like another PVE themepark game with a pvp system similar to WoW's pvp servers. You will have a few lowbie gankers here and there but no epic pvp moments to speak of.

Not sure how you compare this game to WoW, its a lot closer to UO style of PvP system. In WoW you can kill others of any level with no recourse for your actions, in Tera killing players more than 6 lvls below you gains you Infamy, which in turns makes the player unable to turn off outlaw "Red" so any and everyone will attack and kill them repeatably until there Infamy goes away from honest kills/ Time or they just are a Target everyday. Also WoW does not have Guild vs. Guild, Its awesome to be able to call out another Guild and hunt them with impunity and have your wins/losses declared to the whole server.

The game may not be for everyone but I just like everyone to have proper information instead of assumptions.

• 2 weeks later...

I have download and order Tera and plan on plying a priest ansd looking forward to assisting guild members when needed . I am going on the pvp server Valley of Titans if that what everyone is going.

To my understanding from what I read, is to be a Vanarch I think you have to be the Guild Leader. I am not 100% sure but I could of swore I read that somewhere. But I also read the guild whos leader is the Vanarch gets some perks too.