News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Crafting Tailoring and Focus Craft

Crowzhen

I have choosen Tailoring and Focus crafting for my crafting speciality. I would recommend choosen 1 or 2 crafting skills and gather everything for use by other guild crafters so we could up the whole guild in crafting. There is a reason for this crafting can get expensive if you are trying to do all of the skill. In our forum there are links to crafting and I would also recommend our crafters to look them over and find there craft that they want to specialize in Tera.

I'm usually a jewelry crafter in MMO's as I find these have great profit margins, but apparently we are unable to craft the rings/ear/necks of Tera. So I will be Alchemy and likely something else, perhaps weapon-craft. I'll be hoarding my mats for now until I figure out what I need and don't need. Crafting seems more rewarding and necessary late-game anways.

• CotP Sentinel

I am doing focus craft and alchemy atm. I have played with amking a few staffs and right now I think we out grow them to fast to make it worth the investment but I think they maybe worth it at the higher levels.

Some of the scrolls and potions the alchemy makes are really sweet! They are costly but really nice.

If you are interested in jewel crafting then if I were you I would go Alchemy and specialize in Rune crafting thsi would also aid you in weapons or armor crafting.

I'm usually a jewelry crafter in MMO's as I find these have great profit margins, but apparently we are unable to craft the rings/ear/necks of Tera. So I will be Alchemy and likely something else, perhaps weapon-craft. I'll be hoarding my mats for now until I figure out what I need and don't need. Crafting seems more rewarding and necessary late-game anways.

For everyone that is doing crafting you should look at the end craftable stuff here on the Tera-codex:

http://teracodex.com/

this has some helpful info for crafting and will allow us to fine tune our choosen crafting needs.

I will also be on at the start and will be on mumble in the crafting channel. I will also check the forums for the needs the guild on craftable stuff that I will be crafting.

You are write we be leveling much to fast to worrent crafting the lower level gear maybe we should look at the end game and level 50 gear and save for thoughs rescipes and just with the lower level drop stuff until then.

I am doing focus craft and alchemy atm. I have played with amking a few staffs and right now I think we out grow them to fast to make it worth the investment but I think they maybe worth it at the higher levels.

Some of the scrolls and potions the alchemy makes are really sweet! They are costly but really nice.

Yes crafting is going to be needed to get some of the supior gear but crafting can get very expensive in Tera, and if you are not into crafting but want to contribute maybe you could just craft in some of the sub categories like boot (feet) or sleeve ( hand) in the armor, tailoring, or Leather working schools or take one of the Alchemy sub catigories like potions or scroll, or rune making in this way you could focus on leveling you character and still assist the guild in crafting gear.

This just a recommendation for thoughs that are not into crafting but want to assist us in gearing up for the end game stuff.

Looks like crafting will be a big part of the game for stats.

As you all know I have begun crafting and focusing on the tailoring school. I am now able to a complete level 30 rare cloth armor set

Craft: Nightfall Sylvacloth Rainment

Craft: Attuned Nightfall Sylvacloth Rainment

Craft: Sylvasleeves of Nightfall

Craft: Attuned Sylvasleeves of Nightfall

Craft: Nightfall Shoes

Craft: Attuned Nightfall Shoes

You can see the spects for this amor at: http://teracodex.com/

You will need to get me the rune stones to make the armor particularly the Triz Runes and the Titan runes they are also listed on the Codex listed above. I will make the armor set and give they to or mail them. You can pm me in the game if interestd. As I level my tailoring I will post the set's that I can make. I plan to craft only the rare sets and when the superior sets come up I will list them in the forums. Also it look like every 5 level I should be able to craft a new set so I will work hard to craft the best armor for the guild.

Very nice. I think we should also focus on creating a list of those with dropped schematics as these items appear to be of much greater quality.. and rare.

If you are gathering while you level up, there is no reason everyone can't level every single craft. You just need 50 raw materials per craft for each 50 point gain. You can even process metal as an alchemist. Once you level up, you can give away those processed materials to crafters, or put in guild bank.

What costs the most is learning the recipes, and if you got your level up from processing materials you can just learn whatever you want whenever you want to make something.

It is an excellent site you posted, I just hope they continue to update it as it is incomplete. It only goes up to 150 and I already see one schematic I have that is not on there, lvl 40 gold gloves dropped from CR.

Also, its all about the runes, especially the green ones and the white ones (Silrune/Quoirune of Arun/Shara) that go into making them with Alchemy. Pick-up and save everything!!

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get like a list of people that want to craft each different crafting tree? It would be a good idea to designate 1 person as a "master craftier" kinda of thing so we can power level each crafting tree to high levels quickly. Everyone can give them the needed mats and they can to mix level quickly to start making items for the guild.

like:

Alchemy = ?

Armorsmithing = Talsoul ?

Focus Crafting = Xanther ?

Leatherworking = Thraxx ?

Tailoring = Crowzhen ?

Weaponsmithing = Kawaa ?

Then we could brake it down into certain people specialize into only make bows/axes when crafting.

Edited by Idain

Id suggest everyone doing alchemy as well with what ever they are doing. The potions and scrolls are things you will use a lot of.

Lets also see where everyone's skills are these days, so everyone who has been crafting post your new skill levels and if your still willing to help out.

In addition to everyone learning Alchemy, it is very easy to level all of your crafts to max level just from processing the raw materials. Even learning all of the vendor recipes becomes quite cheap as you get higher lvl and get a lot more gold. What will differentiate one crafter from another is...which dropped or rare patterns he has.

Therefore it is not a bad idea to declare a profession (other than alchemy) as your focus..but that DOES NOT mean you can't just level up all the other crafts.

What it DOES mean, is that you only take from the guild bank and learn the recipes for your chosen craft. This way, we don't have all of the rare recipes all spread out across the guild, making it really hard to find the right person to craft a specific item.

But, even still these dropped recipes for gold gear/weapons use a ton, and I mean tons of materials to make. They would be way way way more expensive than just buying a gold piece that has dropped off the auction house.

So therefore, in addition to declaring which one or two professions we will learn the dropped recipes for, we should focus on making ourselves more widely available to craft by first making it known what we can craft and what materials are required. The website previously posted does a good job of that.

Perhaps we can start a thread for each individual craft skill, where crafters can have their own personal post that they can maintain with all the stuff that they can make for people. Each post would in a sense be their personal shop describing what they can do for their customers (guildmates), except they don't charge.

So those are my two ideas/suggestions.

Can we get like a list of people that want to craft each different crafting tree? It would be a good idea to designate 1 person as a "master craftier" kinda of thing so we can power level each crafting tree to high levels quickly. Everyone can give them the needed mats and they can to mix level quickly to start making items for the guild.

like:

Alchemy = ?

Armorsmithing = Talsoul ?

Focus Crafting = Xanther ?

Leatherworking = Thraxx ?

Tailoring = Crowzhen ?

Weaponsmithing = ?

Then we could brake it down into certain people specialize into only make bows/axes when crafting.

We talked last nite about crafting an dI like how you put the options up; however, because crafting is expensive in Tera we might consider dividing the crafting school into there sub-class for the guild purpose. Something like this :

Tailoring = ?

Chest piece = ?

Sleeves = ?

Feet = ?

Armorsmith = ?

Chest piece = ?

Sleeves or hands = ?

Feet = ?

Leatherworking = ?

Chest piece = ?

Sleeves or hands = ?

Feet = ?

This could also be done for each of the weapon schools i.e.:

Weaponsmith =

Twinswords = ?

Axes = ?

Greatsword = ?

Lances = ?

Focus craftering =

Bows = ?

Staves = ?

Scepter = ?

Disc = ?

Alchemy could then be something everyone could do to support the guild as there are craftable items in this school that can assist the other crafting schools such as making runes which is another way of attaining these stone

by doing the above it assist the crafters in each of the above by cutting the cost of buying the rescipes or waiting for one to drop to finsh out a complete set: a complete set of rescipes is usually 6 for tailoring, Armorsmithing, and Leatherworking; and 8 for each of the schools of Focus and weaponsmithing. This will get expensive in the later part of the game for these rescipes.

Edited by Crowzhen