News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • My Archer

Kawaa

This is my First attempt at making a guide ever so please bear with me. Archers are the least wanted class for any group period! And the reason is some people just don't know how to play them and ruin it for all. Archers are listed as ranged DPS and easy to play. But in reality we are melee DPS and are kinda hard to play.

To many times I see archers fighting from max range and doing diddlesqat for damage. The reason being is the farer we are the less damage we do.So the ideal range is 5 to 6 meters which now makes us melee DPS. Another thing some archers seem to forget is every shot you take you get knockback I learned this my first Dungron run with the Guild and drew a crap load of arrgo. So know your surrondings at all times.

I am not going to say anything about crystals or gylphs because everyone has there own prefence and frankly I haven't tried any yet.

1.) I went Human more res. in PvP.

2.) my setup is Velik's Mark-Poison Arrow-Radiant Arrow now here depends I can go Final Salvo to stop the knockback or I can go Penetrating Arrow which will knock me back to about 10 to 12 meters then Final Salvo and if the mob still has a little life I hit Rapid Fire. In a group it is almost the same but the Ideal thing would be to have the tank bunch the mobs together then hit Penetrating arrow as it will go throuh anything in a stright line for 18 meters.

Another thing I will do for minions with a mob I need is Arrow Volley-Close Quarters-Breakaway Bolt-Penetrating Arrow. Also know this Archers are Mana Sluts! So at all times keep an eye out on it you do not want to get half way into a fight run out of Mana pop a potion and run around till you get it back. Not much more I can think of now I will update as I learn more and different ways of fighting. If anyone has and suggestions or comments please feel free I am looking to be the best Archer on the Server.

Sometimes as an archer it is good to stay at maxxed range..temporarily. Also due to one of the patches, to my understanding the 6m got changed to 10m.

If soloing u should start at max range and just not unload until the monster gets within 10m. That way u get free damage till its witin 10m, then u let loose your skills for full damage.

Just a note the game says they are sustained DPS as opposed to Burst DPS such as a sorcerer. Supposedly they should be able to maintain their DPS indefinatly but based on you calling them mana hogs this doesn't sound accurate.

Little update. At lvl 30 Velik's Mark is just crazy you can cast up to 23 meters away. so now my new setup is Velik's Mark,Poison Arrow,Radiant Arrow then Final Salvo move on to next Target and repeat I carry a few health potions but I carry a crap load of mana potions. Also make sure your gear is within two lvls of you for max effect. So far I have been able to solo everything to 30 but the 5 man group stuff. Also don't overpower your shots count them if not they will draw your health down till you shot. so my Radiant Arrow is lvl 3 so I count the sounds at 3 I fire same with Penetrating Arrow my is at 4 so I count to 4 on the sounds then fire. Saves my Health.

Sorry for taken a little break on Kawaa, I played her a little yesterday was fun I need to get my crystals and Glyphs still don't have any. I can't belive how much Velik's Mark changes everything.