LIFE IS FEUDAL

Join in on the fun and help us build a city and survive the impending wars in a medieval setting on a massive 10k player server.
Join LIF Today!

CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY

AION Chapter Emerges

We now have an AION Chapter which is accepting members, both new and old!
So if you are looking for a friendly guild, want to play with old friends or just wish to play under a familiar banner then come check us out.
For those unfamiliar, here is some basic information to wet your appetite!

AION

Aion is a rich MMORPG set in the fantasy world of Atreia. Originally requiring a subscription, Aion went free-to-play in 2012. The game has received several major updates since release, which have introduced such features as pets, player housing, and entirely new continents to explore. Unique to Aion is an aerial combat mode (PvPvE) where the two factions clash both among themselves and against NPC dragons for control over special zones and fortresses. Aion is known for having one of the most in-depth appearance customization options available via character creation. It is also built on the CryEngine.
Aion Key Features:
Loads of Content – game is updated with large patches, where level cap is raised and new zones/continents are added. Extensive Character Creation – one of the most detailed character creation processes in MMORPGs. Tons of Features – Aion has many different in-game systems that offer a variety of options, from mounts, pets, plastic surgery, gender changes, professions, and more. Unique PvPvE – fight against your enemy faction while also fighting against NPCs in The Abyss. Great Soundtrack – awesome music will accompany you as you explore Atreia.
Read more at https://mmos.com/review/aion

Read more...

Website Under Construction

I finally have some free time to implement some changes to the website as well as add more features which I think the community will find useful. We were intermittently down for a few minutes last night and this morning, because I was moving some directories around to improve the flow of stuff.  Currently, I am putting the finishing touches on our article system, which I look forward to seeing in action.  We are in short demand of news reporters, so if you like to write about games and other stuff,  please contact Vessa.
After we get a few more article submissions then we can roll out the front page, which Throne has been chomping at the bit to get done.
Today, I am going to install a Quiz page, similar to what we had before. That also, means that we will opening the doors for members to take the Sentry and Knight exams.  While I am going to install a bunch of new features, I just don't have the time to fully set them up and manage them, so I will be looking for other admins to take the lead.  

Read more...

CotP Youtube Channel

We need 100 subscribers to get our custom youtube channel URL...Please help us get to 100....!!!
Click on the link and subscribe: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_o9RGzv_E_bVmQAQSRtEQ
Read more...
News Ticker
  • SWTOR Announces Server Merges
  • Crowfall's Alpha 5 servers now running 24/7
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
Meander

Phoenix Run Information

phoenix Run is a game that I'm making. I actually never thought I would get this far. It is set in a galaxy with varied planets. The core of the game right now is centered around space ship travel. I have also been adding some ground elements and the ability to land a space fighter on a planet. You cant see it yet in game, but I'm also working on capitol ship interiors so that you can land your fighter on a ship and walk around. The idea of the game is to have a 3 faction PvP centric space sandbox. Most everything in game will be crafted by players. There will be a constant PvP limited world that will server as a home world, and there will be "matches" that are basically short term (weeks to months I hope) matches where the 3 factions in game will fight to supremacy. The winner of each match gets the best upgrades and tech increases to bring back to home world.

I have been working on the idea of this game for over 10 years. Changes in the game development market and technology in the last few years have really allowed me to start working on it. The game currently a C# wrapper of the open source graphics engine Ogre called Mogre. I will probably use Newton for physics. I haven't yet settled on a sound engine. Phoenix Run uses MIOS for input management. Currently there is no joystick support, but it is available with MIOS and since I am an old Jumpgate pilot, you can be assured joystick support will be added.

It's still very alpha. As of right now (7/25/2012) you can fly around in your fighter, use jumpgates to travel, chat, use the /emote chat command to do emotes, and you can land on planets. There is currently no combat. I wanted to do the combat last, to ensure I get all the travel and crafting options ironed out first. The game is limited by my interwebz, since the server sits in my house. Information on downloading the client is here: http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/topic/32435-installing-and-running-phoenix-run/ .  Everyone is welcome to fly around. 

I would like to thank all of the CotP members who have been supporting during the last 2 1/2 years I've been coding this game. Most of the faster progress has come once I dropped C++ for C# less than a year ago. I know, it's not as fast, but it's close and allows much faster development. I rewrote the servers in C# too. They are running in mono on CentOS.

Legal Stuff: I really don't think that I'll ever make a dime on this stuff, but just in case I will state here what I told guys who have wanted to help. Any code or models or other intellectual property added to this game by anyone must be their own property and becomes unlimited and freely licensed to me once donated to the game. Also once added to the game it is my responsibility to ensure it is free from any license restrictions by a third party. I will do this by reviewing any property being used in the game that is reported as being owned by a third party, and removing it as appropriate. These reviews will begin before the game is launched (assuming that it will be launched :) ). I kinda feel like a jerk saying that, but it's to protect you and I. And prevent any fights later on. If this was ever to become popular I would certainly need the help of any who helped and we could review the possibility of paid options at that time. Please bear in mind that I am a man of normal means and the game would have to be generating money for that to happen. I would of course implement a free to play model if I ever went commercial :) but lets leave the dreaming aside for now.

Edited by Meander

I can help you out testing if you need bro.

tysm Bakath, I really appreciate it.

There is a new web site and installer.  Instructions are here in this forum: http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/topic/32435-installing-and-running-phoenix-run/

If anyone could run the game and test a bit I'd appreciate it.  Things to keep in mind are:

• you should only try to land on Terra One, other planets are not finished and you will get stuck in errors.  Let me know if you get stuck and I'll move you.
  • You can fly around and shoot stuff, but you don't really destroy anything yet.
  • I've been fighting some server instability lately.
  • Your old characters are deleted :(
  • the new and correct game launcher / updater is version 1.0. 
  • you should create a game id and your first character on the website before you try to log in.

For anyone who has previously used the old method of creating a character to log in with using the forum, That no longer works, and those characters are no longer in game.  you may need to uninstall the game and download the newer installer from the web site if you have any issues. 

I have been getting impatient with my progress, so I am going to take the time next to make it so characters and actually damage each others ships and you can re-spawn when you die.  So at least maybe a few people can have some fun now and then.

Switching game engines to Sunburn 2.18. 

glad to hear you're still at it Meander, will take a look