CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY
By Elric

Wolcen: Major Content Patch

If you haven't already heard, Wolcen just dropped a huge 1GB content patch yesterday (6/24/2019). They added a lot of good stuff, and they are really moving along in the development path.  If you haven't heard of "Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem" before, it is an Action RPG similar to Diablo III that is being developed for Steam by Wolcen Studios.  On a side note, it is on sale this week for 20% off!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/424370/Wolcen_Lords_of_Mayhem/

Read more...
By Throne

ATLAS: Present and Future

We have been at it since day one, that ugly and...well, let's just stick with ugly...launch. Even through the lag muck and server instability, you could read the stars and see the potential.  Right off the bat it was only for the tough, and we barreled through the glitchy log-ins, the shaky starter zones and the wretched "lawless" starting areas and found our way to the rafts.  Some were able to get to our island after 3-4 hours of learning how to tack, zig zag and fight through server borders and with a full stack of human hides, and then some were finally rescued after what seemed like days of being eaten alive by scorpions and crocodiles, only to quickly get used to dying to the cold, the wolves, the alpha horses, the water, the sharks and each other's general noob mistakes.
Yes, with the known developer, we did try to ARK it, or Dark and Light it...hell, we've even tried to Life is Feudal this one....and Atlas is just NOT those games.  Some visuals and sounds are there, but the depth and options and functionality is just SO much more.  What really took the game from just another ARK expansion to, the potential mmo of the decade, was getting out on our first schooner, the SS Skjoldr (video below).  The experience was entirely PvE, but when you have 13 people packed on to a single vessel and the guys repairing the ship are as vital as the helmsman steering and the deckhands manning the sails, it became something I haven't seen in a game since our friday night flights on the Decimator back in SWG.
We have had just a blast learning the game and surviving our island and our neighbors over the past couple weeks.  Though it may appear as if we are well off enough, growing from 30 actives day one, to more than double that now, we absolutely could use more folks interested in living the Atlas life.  Whether you are interested in navigating the high seas, captaining a brigand, farming the tundra, mucking through politics, taming elephants or exploring the massive (30-40 hours of sailing from one end to the other) world, it is all here and we have many members willing to help you get started.
Here is a few screencaps and videos to give you an idea of what we have been up to:

Read more...
By Throne

Xalt defeats Elric for 2018 Fantasy Football Crown

Xalt's Zappers smirk at expectations, knock off Elric's Arksters in 171.07-127.47 rout

Both teams exceeded their projected point totals, but it was Xalt's Zappers who got the victory, cruising to a 171.07-127.47 win over Elric's Arksters. Elric's Arksters earned a 3.86-point lead on Saturday behind Joey Bosa (2.18 points) and Mike Williams (1.68), but Xalt's Zappers held the lead the rest of the way. They were led by Matt Ryan (25.46 points) and Damien Williams (22.53). Ben Roethlisberger (42.22 points) and T.Y. Hilton (19.4) led the charge for Elric's Arksters in the loss. This marks the second time this season Xalt's Zappers have beaten Elric's Arksters, after winning 118.28-117.7 in their last matchup. Xalt's Zappers end the season at 12-4, while Elric's Arksters finish the campaign at 9-7.

Matchup Highlights

Sunday Early    There were players with standout moments on both teams early Sunday, after which Xalt's Zappers owned a 125.41-53.13 lead. Matt Ryan had a 75-yard touchdown pass and a 44-yard touchdown pass for Xalt's Zappers, while David Njoku had a 66-yard catch. T.Y. Hilton made the highlight reel for Elric's Arksters with a 55-yard catch.

Sunday Late    Both teams had players with big-time moments on Sunday afternoon, but it was Xalt's Zappers who took the lead, 148.54-96.80. For Xalt's Zappers, Robert Woods had a 39-yard touchdown catch. Ben Roethlisberger made the highlight reel for Elric's Arksters with a 20-yard touchdown pass and a 49-yard pass.

Sunday Night    Harrison Butker had a 54-yard field goal for Elric's Arksters, who trailed 171.07-118.27 after Sunday Night Football.
Read more...
News Ticker
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
  • Enjoy your summer everyone!
Sign in to follow this  
Throne

Upper and Middle Class Tenents wanted

Those of you who wish to own Large and/or Medium homes in the city, please let me know and I'll get you set up. If I'm not on and there is a militia available to grant rights, please adhere to the below city plan.

http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/topic/30986-lok-city-plan/

I have already purchased a medium Tat house and have been waiting to place it.

For those of us who may not be actively playing SWG-Emu but willing to set up a house for our character(s) if more population is needed... Any idea on the costs / requirements for setting up these houses?

For those of us who may not be actively playing SWG-Emu but willing to set up a house for our character(s) if more population is needed... Any idea on the costs / requirements for setting up these houses?

Negligible, as long as you put Khaen and Throne on your admin list, it will get paid. You'll need someone in the militia around to set it up. Best way is simply to ask in mumble.

I'll try and stop by Mumble tonight.

I'm on most nights and during lunch from 11 to 12 MST every weekday. Just grab me and I'll help ya.

G

How many tenants do we have now? I don't want to add more than we have to since we have to pay for the upkeep.

How many tenants are needed for a tier 5 city?

I logged on a couple times over the last few nights, but I didn't catch you guys online. Unfortunately I just don't think SWGEMU is going to work for me... I can't make heads or tails of it - Throne wasn't kidding about that learning curve. :) I created an Artisan, but I couldn't even figure out how to complete the first mission (despite a couple of hours running around Mos Espa). I then created a Marksman who got completely demolished by every mob I saw. I'm sure there is something I'm missing, but I just don't think this one is something I would enjoy.

Shoot me a PM if you decide you do still want more tenants for the city.

If you picked up artisian without doing any research then you will naturally have a very hard time. The same goes for grabbing a gun and blasting stuff without understanding the tactics associated with the different classes or character builds. SWG is not a cookie cutter game. It is a sand boxed game in which players control the market and social aspects of the game.

What other game besides UO, allows players to create villages, cities and trade empires where they choose? This game is not easy mode like most games nowdays. It requires work and dedication. It took us 4 weeks just to get to the point where our city is livable. Most of us have been working on getting our characters to the point were they are self sufficient. Our next goal is to create a thriving city in which we will have Doctors, Entertainers and vendors on hand. Later, we plan to drop an Imperial Base and participate in faction wars across the server.

In any case, I understand the game isn't for everyone. It can be very frustrating for new players. The first thing I tell new members, is to change the default game controls to the EQ mmorg setting. The SWG controls are clunky to say the least. Most people use the EQ setting which they are used to in other games.

The second thing I tell new players is to create a melee character. Ya, I know it doesn't have that Star Warsy feel without the blasters, but it is easier to learn the game with a melee character. Personally, I like the melee characters because they have that Jedi feel.

The third bit of advice is to hook up with guild mates to help you with the game. There is a learning curve to the game and helpful guildmates make it easier.

We need 85 for a Metropolis....which I don't think we should go for on Basilisk....we should wait for Suncrusher to actively go for that.....however, we will not turn away new and existing members who want to be an active part of the chapter.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this