News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • New to pen and paper

Minflexzel

So my buddy is trying to convert me to start playing, but i guess we need a group and a GM to play and all. I also dont have any manuals  or dice or anything but he told me i could find software for that. 

He sent me a PDF file of some TSR 2nd edition. So if anyone else wants to help me out or something, please do!

Bandoid mentioned "There used to be a guild group that would do an online version around a virtual table top but everyone viewing a live map on their screen.  It was pretty cool and worked perfectly."

And thats exactly what im looking for! 

• 2 weeks later...

We had a CotP group for online D&D 4th ed.  which ran for quite awhile and was very fun.  Unfortunately, time constraints ended up pulling me out of it.  I was also playing at a local comic shop weekly until a few years ago.

If you are looking for a group and there are no CotP members who are available to play, I suggest checking out sites like EN World.  If you do a google search, there are a number of sites that help bring players together, either in RL or over the internet.  Our CotP internet games worked very well and were a load of fun (at least for me), but if you can swing it, RL games can't be beat.

If you want to try to set up an online game, the resources that we used are all set out in the D&D forum under pen and paper games.  Its been a number of years now since I played, but if you have questions I'll try to help.

• CotP Guardian

Have you looked under the D&D 4th Edition: Public forum heading? Thats where the CotP groupage info is.

Version 2?  wow thats an oldie, you should be able to find virtual versions of the books and get a dice roller program by Googling it.

Find a patient group, they should walk you through the games.

You can find good dungeon runs on youtube to give you an idea of how the game plays.

In addition to Delmar's recommendation, you can try here as well, for groupage.

Cheers

Grim

Well I don't wana do D&D! I'd rather something post apocalyptic as a starter ( fits me a lil better ) =P

And most of the nearby groups were like 10 or so miles away, and im a hermit so i'mma try out a virtual table first with some guys i know. =P

Thanks for the info though grimmy!