News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Need to choose server

Here is a list of NA servers... to my understanding when open Beta starts you will be able to keep that toon so we should really make sure we are on the same page...

So any thoughts on this???

North America

Balmung (LEGACY)

Excalibur (LEGACY)

Hyperion (LEGACY)

Sargatanas (LEGACY)

Adamantoise

Behemoth

Cactuar

Coeurl

Diabolos

Gilgamesh

Goblin

Leviathan

Malboro

Midgardsormr

Ultros

Edited by Aziler

• CotP Sentinel

I'll have to do some research before I put my vote in here.  Choosing a server is usually a crapshoot, but it doesn't hurt to at least look into the options. ;)

My only thoughts of this matter is:  The servers listed as "Legacy" servers most likely will have people who are more experienced with the game and therefore may quickly out-level a new populace.  I just think a fresh populace would be more fun to exist with.  Not to mention a "Legacy" server may be older hardware.  Just some thoughts.

Come to a decision and let us know and we will be there,

My only thoughts of this matter is:  The servers listed as "Legacy" servers most likely will have people who are more experienced with the game and therefore may quickly out-level a new populace.  I just think a fresh populace would be more fun to exist with.  Not to mention a "Legacy" server may be older hardware.  Just some thoughts.

Come to a decision and let us know and we will be there,

Ya we need to define "Legacy" server and what entails prior to making this decision!!

• CotP Sentinel

My legacy toons are on Balmung, but whichever Im easy. 

FFXIV: ARR Legacy Campaign

legacyheader.jpg

The Legacy Campaign is a loyalty reward available to players who stuck with 1.0 during the rough periods and subscribed to the game for at least 90 days. Square Enix feels that they should reward this loyalty with a lower monthly fee as well as other bonuses. 

Players with legacy status will be entitled to an exclusive chocobo mount which will become available with the launch of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. They will also be able to request that their name is displayed in the credits for FFXIV: ARR. Another bonus is that legacy players will gain early access to the launch of FFXIV: ARR along with players who pre-ordered the game. 

To qualify for a legacy account you must have subscribed for at least 90 days before June 30th 2012, 2012. As a result this means that it is no longer possible to qualify for legacy status. If you qualify for legacy status you will know about it via a logo in the character select screen.

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn comes with an entirely new service fee structure to that which was in use towards the end of 1.0's lifetime. Gone is the fee for creating extra characters and instead you can decide whether you want to pay a basic fee for one character per world or a standard fee which gives you up to 8 characters on a world. There is an overall cap of 40 and 8 characters in place however but that should be more than enough for even the most dedicated players. 

It has been said that retainers may be shared across your account for all characters on the same server, which makes the standard fee more appealing because it makes it a lot easier to play multiple characters. But with the ability to play every class on one character there is often little need for extra characters on the same server except for storage or trying out a different race. 

The full FFXIV: ARR fee structure is as follows: 

Membership Price Days Characters - World Characters - Total Legacy £6.89/€9.99/$9.99 30 8 40 Entry £7.69/€10.99/$12.99 30 1 8 Standard £8.99/€12.99/$14.99 30 8 40 Standard £8.39/€11.99/$13.99 90 8 40 Standard £7.69/€10.99/$12.99 180 8 40

The subscription fees are still subject to change; however it is unlikely that they will before launch. The payment options for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn will be credit/debit cards and Square Enix Crysta. 

FFXIV 1.0 Fee Structure

For much of FFXIV 1.0's life the game remained free to play. However this changed in January 2012 when monthly fees commenced. The fees announced were lower than the originally intended fees for the game and the possibility to purchase extra retainers was unavailable. The fee reduction was only a temporary plan until the release of FFXIV: A Realm Reborn

The temporary fee structure meant you paid £6.89/€9.99 for 30 days if you live in Europe and $9.99 if you live in the USA. There was also an additional fee of £2.10/€3/$3 per extra character you created. If you purchased a 90 day subscription then you made a saving of £0.60/€1/$1 per 30 days, while a 180 day subscription option gave you a saving of £1.20/€2/$2 depending on your currency. 

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn comes with an entirely new service fee structure to that which was in use towards the end of 1.0's lifetime. Gone is the fee for creating extra characters and instead you can decide whether you want to pay a basic fee for one character per world or a standard fee which gives you up to 8 characters on a world. There is an overall cap of 40 and 8 characters in place however but that should be more than enough for even the most dedicated players. 

It has been said that retainers may be shared across your account for all characters on the same server, which makes the standard fee more appealing because it makes it a lot easier to play multiple characters. But with the ability to play every class on one character there is often little need for extra characters on the same server except for storage or trying out a different race. 

The full FFXIV: ARR fee structure is as follows: 

Membership Price Days Characters - World Characters - Total Legacy £6.89/€9.99/$9.99 30 8 40 Entry £7.69/€10.99/$12.99 30 1 8 Standard £8.99/€12.99/$14.99 30 8 40 Standard £8.39/€11.99/$13.99 90 8 40 Standard £7.69/€10.99/$12.99 180 8 40

Slightly confusing...

I understand that Legacy accounts will have cheaper subscriptions.  But it does not mention if they are limited to the legacy servers nor have they said if those servers are open to non legacy accounts.

So, if non Legacy players are not allowed to play on legacy servers, then i say we have to chose a non-legacy server.  Conversely, I don't think it is right to force legacy players to pay more to play on non legacy servers.

More to the point, I think all servers may be exactly the same with no restrictions but the servers tagged as legacy are only to let people know where all the old player accounts are.