CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY
By Damis

Fractured MMO

Fractured is an open-world fantasy sandbox MMORPG which blends action combat with fully interactive environments, appealing equally to lovers of competitive and cooperative gameplay. Jump right into the fray from day one. Defeat your enemies with skill and wit, not equipment or level. Gather resources, craft, trade and venture into legendary travels as a solitary hero, or start a settlement with your guild and grow it into the next empire. A true sandbox MMORPG, Fractured lets players pursue the gameplay they enjoy, create the type of character they enjoy, and focus on doing what they enjoy. 
Fractured Key Features
Unique And Dynamic Setting – Explore the universe of Fractured, which is spread across three planets – Arboreus, Syndesia, and Tartaros. Travel is an important part of the game experience; unlike many traditional MMORPGS, players must find a way to survive as they traverse the worlds. In addition, eclipses, unique PvE events, have a huge impact on the lives of demons and humans. The state of the universe, and even the position of planets, matters!
Race Is More Than Cosmetic – The race you belong to has an actual impact on game mechanics, from the type of society you live in to the ways you can interact with other players. Choose a human and live in – or at odds with – a feudal society. Be a beastman, and live in harmony with nature. Or, choose a demon, and slake your thirst for blood and revenge!
Crafting That Matters – Finding a broadsword in the corpse of a rat sounds a little unlikely? Forget about old RPG clichés and enter a world where every item is crafted by players. Exploit the uneven distribution of resources to get high profits when trading at faraway markets – but make sure you reach your destination alive!
Get Into The Action – You do not need to grind zombies for 80 hours or reach some level limit before you can join your friends on adventures. In Fractured, you can take part in any content from the first day in the game! The Knowledge system offers power and flexibility, allowing players to develop exactly the character they wish to play.
Action Combat Evolved – Fractured melds the combat style you’ve loved in single-player Action RPGs with a complex sandbox universe. Learn to aim, dodge and master over 400 abilities and 40 unique status effects: only your skills and tactics will lead you to victory! The environment is fully interactive, and can be used to give you an edge in your adventures.
https://fracturedmmo.com/
Read more...
By Damis

Covenant Football League Started For Season 2019

Covenant Football League
A new season is about to start for our Fantasy Football League.  Currently, all slots are full, but some may open up on Monday, August 26, 2019.  Anyone interested in joining the league should reply to the Discussion thread.  A second league could be created if there is enough interest. 
Keeper Deadline
The deadline to select keepers is Monday, August 26, 2019.  You can make and edit your selections until 11:59 PM PT on Sunday, August 25, 2019
Choose your Keepers here: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/787185/5/keepers
Please remember that each team is allowed only TWO keepers, unless your name is Xalt, who gets THREE keepers because he won last year's team pick-em.
DRAFT DATE
 Saturday, August 31,  2019:  7 PM PDT | 9 PM Central | 10 PM Eastern
Discussion Thread

Read more...
By Damis

ESO: SCALEBREAKER DLC GAME PACK

The Scalebreaker DLC game pack brings two new Season of the Dragon dungeons, expanding upon the events of both Wrathstone and Elsweyr. The Dragons are free from the Halls of Colossus, and now you must deal with the fallout of their release. While these stories are part of the year-long saga, you can enjoy both without having completed either of the year’s earlier content—enjoy!
Lair of Maarselok
For centuries, Maarselok slept deep in the mountains between Elsweyr and Grahtwood. However, upon the opening of the Halls of Colossus, this monstrous Dragon has awoken, and now threatens to spread his corruption into the domain of the Wood Elves. Only with the help of the Warlock Carindon and the forest spirit Selene can you defeat this terrifying new Dragon!

Hunt the great Dragon Maarselok!
Moongrave Fane
Hidden within a fallen Khajiiti temple, the vampires of the Hollowfang prepare to perform a terrible ritual. Joined by the former Dragonguard Grundwulf, they wish to drain the blood from a captured Dragon! You and your team must fight your way into the fallen ruin and put a stop to their plan before it’s too late.
Both dungeons can be attempted in Normal and Veteran difficulties, with a Veteran Hard Mode option available for those looking for a challenge. Brave delvers can discover new rewards up for grabs in both dungeons, too, including new item sets, Achievements, collectibles, and more.
PURCHASE DETAILS
The Scalebreaker DLC game pack is free for all ESO Plus members and available for purchase for 1,500 crowns from the in-game Crown Store (listed under DLC).
https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/home
Read more...
By Damis

Starsector sandbox space sim

Starsector is an open-world single-player RTS space-combat game with roleplaying, exploration and economics from Fractal Softworks. You take the role of a space captain seeking fortune and glory however you choose.   

Current Features
Develop your character into a hot-shot pilot, a smuggler, a stern admiral, an industrial magnate – or anything in between Pilot your ship in top-down 2D combat Command your fleet in tactical battles Gain experience to level up your skills Detailed space combat mechanics Customize your ship’s loadout before battle Outfit ships with your weapons of choice and add hull modifications to create devastating tactical combinations Hire officers to give skill bonuses, pilot auxiliary ships, and oversee your operations Explore war-torn star systems Exploit events to trade goods for profit Win the favor or scorn of powerful factions Discover new worlds and salvage lost derelicts Mod support for diverse user-made content Claim new worlds, build outposts and industry Cripple core world supply lines to create easy prey for piracy or bolster the rule of law and try to reverse the Sector’s descent into chaos Survey forgotten worlds and establish new colonies among the ruins Use lost and forbidden technologies to advance your cause – can you afford to pay for the consequences of your hubris? Leave your mark upon the world and determine the fate of the Sector with your decisions
Still in its alpha phase, this one looks to be something to keep an eye on moving forward.  If you preorder now, you pay $15 – 25% off the final price.
What you get:
Early access to the game, starting with alpha builds – available now! Discounted price The full version, when it is finished You help support the development of Starsector http://fractalsoftworks.com/
Read more...
By Damis

War Thunder - Free to Play

War Thunder is a free-to-play vehicular combat multiplayer video game developed and published by Gaijin Entertainment in cross platform format for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Shield Android TV.
In War Thunder, aircraft, attack helicopters, ground forces and naval ships collaborate in realistic competitive battles. You can choose from over 1,000 vehicles and an extensive variety of combat situations many of which are exclusive. You can find yourself blasting your pursuers from a bomber turret, defending your teammates on the ground from an air raid with anti-aircraft guns, shooting down enemy planes with a firestorm from multiple rocket launchers, or trying to sink an enemy warship with a torpedo from a fast attack boat.
Features include:
Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4 with Xbox One users being included in PC battles – everyone on the same server. Over 1,000 highly detailed aircraft, helicopters, tanks, warships and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources. 80 maps representing the main historical battle theaters.  Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions at various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.  Rich PvE content including dynamic historical campaigns and solo missions.  Regular content updates including new vehicles, maps, missions and nations.  Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.  Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System! Free to Play Download
https://store.steampowered.com/app/236390/War_Thunder/  
Read more...
News Ticker
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
  • Enjoy your summer everyone!
InfiniteForce

[Discussion] Alliance Tax Rate

Like it or not, the Alliance wallet is funded by taxes from its member corporations. What those funds are used for are what the Alliance decides they'll be used for. To date, we've used those funds for ship replacements & pos fuel. I'm sure there are other things, but that's all I can think of right now.

There is a Dread to be replaced and 2 Vindicators to be bought for Resistance - per Council votes.

I also heard that some BSs were lost yesterday (2013.09.09) during a hole close in Az (please submit a list of ships / KM's - so that those can be replaced as well).

Once these ships have been replaced and the SRP (in its current form) has reached our "30b" mark, we need to adjust the Alliance tax rate to increase the general Alliance wallet.

So, we need to discuss what that tax rate should be. Should it be 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, or something else?

Let me give you some numbers for your consideration. NOTE: This is, hopefully, what our average site running would be like over a monthly basis in ONE c5 WH.

Scenerio: 3 x C5 WH sites. 650M Average / Site (1,950b in loot, 5 people participate).

Payouts would be as follows (this does NOT include the banker as an "active" player, we're only relying on Alliance taxes for this):

@ 5%

Alliance Tax: 97,500,000

Corp Tax: 39,000,000 / pilot

Pilot: 312,000,000

@ 10%

Alliance Tax: 195,000,000

Pilot: 292,500,000

@ 15%

Alliance Tax: 292,500,000

Pilot: 273,000,000

@ 20%

Alliance Tax: 390,000,000

Pilot: 253,500,000

@ 25%

Alliance Tax: 487,500,000

Pilot: 234,000,000

Over 30 days of site running, this means:

Alliance Taxes: 2,925,000,000 - 14,625,000,000

Corp Tax: 1,170,000,000 / pilot

Pilot: 7,020,000,000 - 9,360,000,000

Make no mistake about this - we are talking about a LOT of ISK to the pilots.

THINGS TO CONSIDER:

- POS Fuel - If we fuel a tower, that's 400M / tower / month and let's say we have 10 towers, that's 4b / month in POS fuel

- Ship Replacements - Figure 5b / month in ship losses (frankly, this is a very conservative number)

- Other Alliance 'activities' - Could be for whatever the Alliance decides to do - Figure 1b / month

The Alliance wallet needs to grow if the Alliance is going to help with ships, fuel and other activities.

What tax rate are you comfortable with compromising on? It will be one step higher than you want it to be.

Discuss....

if we have the banker system functional, i dont really see a need for an alliance tax UNLESS we want to do a fuel system as well.

Then I would want the number to be flexible to cover FUEL only for 1 POS per corp.

So that would mean, based on these figures, around 10-15% alliance taxes I suppose.

If an Alliance-level tax is levied, then the Banker would not need to be be included in site running taxes.

Based on the spreadsheet formulas for loot-payouts, a few things can happen:

1. If the Alliance tax is > 0%, then that number is added to the Alliance cut

2. If the banker is included, then the Alliance is paid twice:

a) As a 'member' that ran a site

b) As a 'member' of a corporation (it would receive a portion of the corporation taxes).

Both #1 & #2 are based on how the spreadsheet is formatted.

Triple-dipping would occur if the Alliance tax rate is set to 5% - the Alliance would get the base 5%, then it would share in the "Player" cut and the Corporation taxes.

We can adjust the spreadsheet to allow for just a site (e.g. player cut) or just a tax (e.g. Alliance rate) to be levied - and that is most likely the best way to handle this.

I would prefer that the Alliance gets their fair-share by either a) flat tax rate (e.g. 10%) or b) as a regular member (e.g. player) that only gets a player cut and leave the Corp taxes to go 100% to the Corporations.

I think we need to get away from the banker toon and I think we are already there.

THIS method will get us the numbers we need to operate as well as get us back to a simpler system that is likely to make everyone happier.

We have already agreed to a 50/50 split till the SRP/SRF/Alliance Wallet/whatever we're calling it this week..... is at 30B.  That's great.  That shouldn't take us long if we can get people online to run sites.

And I would personally think that 10% can get us where we want to go without putting a damper on things.

HOWEVER, I think we need to come to a solid conclusion of where a "tiered system" is going before we make this decision.  I think that is our next major hurdle and that it needs to be decided before we worry about the rest of the future where money is concerned.

G

the 12% bracket seems reasonable with me, because there should be a little always going into the alliance wallet for cotp just like the corps have.

this of course would be without the banker toon added.

the addition, either/or banker toon or 50% tax was only to refurbish the srp fund (from the gang blob on our cap fleet in resist) and then resume back to normal after that goal was  reached of 30 billion.

In my opinion anymore additional things needing bought or done with the srp fund must be done after said amount (30bil) has been reached before we continue to come up with more things to buy and say we need to continue the 50% tax to continue to reimburse the srp fund. This is an ever chasing the cats tail thing and could be continued forever. This is what the vote for expediting the srp wallet was initially for and not meant for a continuation, after the fact, for other things to add to the list and continue the expediency of 50% increase of taxes for a longer period.

this is not what i voted yes for.

Its pretty sad when you can run c3 sites and make more there, than doing the c5 sites.

but that is beyond the point.

50% tax needs to be ended asap before it starts making people get all grumpy again and saying that people are adding more to it and it wont be ever finished. ;-)

and then voted upon the next topic to expedite things over or continue, if need be.

Simple Truth is everyone here in the C5 is in this hole for 1 main reason.....ISK......Yes we like makeing friends, haveing a team and working together,,

Im always hearing talk about increase tax, teir system, ways to lessen the payouts from the srp, se already useing the profits of the sights to replace a loss and then dipping into the srp if the sights can't cover it, then more talk about only the srp paying out for just the hull or just the mods, some even mentioned of haveing everyone in the op also put up some of there money or there corps money twards paying for a loss.........Just how much do we need to squeeze? to me it looks more like we are heading in a direction where the alliance makes all the money and pays out little to nothing if all these ideas come to be put into play...

simple is better, we don't need more rules, we need things simple and easy, the more rules we make the more complicated things get.

Just an idea...instead of looking for more ways to squeeze money from the sights into the alliance wallet/srp, would it not be smarter to find other ways of makeing money? we should find other meens of makeing money. perhaps something at the alliance lvl, funded at the alliance lvl where the alliance profits

Evil, that is why I proposed what I did-to limit the amount being taken from pay-outs that are going to the alliance srp.  I think that we need to venture out and do mining ops or have POS bashes for ransom, maybe start up a t3 manufacturing plant that involves more than one person and corp. 

We went for a long time without having to make up rules because everything and everyone was seemingly on one accord.  Then.... well, we have what we have now.  Things will settle down as long as we all try to focus on a common goal which is to HAVE FUN!

the 12% bracket seems reasonable with me, because there should be a little always going into the alliance wallet for cotp just like the corps have.

this of course would be without the banker toon added.

This is what the vote for expediting the srp wallet was initially for and not meant for a continuation, after the fact, for other things to add to the list and continue the expediency of 50% increase of taxes for a longer period.

this is not what i voted yes for.

50% tax needs to be ended asap before it starts making people get all grumpy again and saying that people are adding more to it and it wont be ever finished. ;-)

since we started the SRP it has never been topped off to my recollection.  We've been close and it has been put to use but it was hard to build it up and even more painful to make payouts.

As for the grumpy part, TOOOOO LAAAAATE!

Evil, that is why I proposed what I did-to limit the amount being taken from pay-outs that are going to the alliance srp.  I think that we need to venture out and do mining ops or have POS bashes for ransom, maybe start up a t3 manufacturing plant that involves more than one person and corp. 

We went for a long time without having to make up rules because everything and everyone was seemingly on one accord.  Then.... well, we have what we have now.  Things will settle down as long as we all try to focus on a common goal which is to HAVE FUN!

We went for a long time without makeing rules becouse everything and everyone was seemingly on one accord.

so why change? if everything was good then why fix something that isn't broken? perhaps I do not have all the facts, but one thing I do have is time online...so I read what you all are saying, Im almost always on comms and hear what everyone thinks and what they say, So maybe I miss understand people, But from everything that i read and hear couses me to for an oppinion.

I joined back in Feb and if i remember correctly, we been trying to build the srp/alliance wallet since march. 

I personaly want to see us grow, I think we do need more members, haveing more alts is great and all, Like shadow fleeting 9-10 BSs to help close a hole, but how offten are those 9-10 arround? what about the times there not online? New members are gona need isk to buy the ships we need, you can not complain that people just are not buying the ships if they are not makeing the isk.

Alliance buying them the ships is asking for more issues as the player risks nothing, can walk away with it, etc.

so people NEED to buy there own stuff, it shows commitment.

Everyone liveing in a C5 should have a fat wallet, they should make so much isk that they are never worried about ISK, so fat that if Joe needs help buying something, that people can say here ya go, why would we do something like that? coz he is a team player and we want him to be able to perform and be happy to be here, once everyone has a fat wallet then there is no real need for penny pinching, get so fat that one day they don't care about the srp, they can afford it,

ok, im stretching and dreaming there a bit, the perfect world views never become reality. but it is something to think about also as you all try to find better ways of doing things but also keep in mind that if its not broken...don't fix it.

here is a thought? take 5 bil, play the market with buy and sell orders and increase the wallet? anyone good at this?

That's the problem Ernie, somehow the cookie jar fell and broke, hence, complaints then edicts, then discussions and rules.  This is nothing new, and it will probably happen again.

I think we need to take the current resolutions, quit bickering about them, vote on them and be done with it.  The "grumpiness" has got to go.  We need people logging in and playing together or we're not going to get anywhere.  Billions of isk has been lost because we can't get everyone on like we used to.  By that I mean, how many days in the past couple of weeks has AZ not even been run?

This topic needs to be put to vote. I'm not seeing much progress in discussion.

-Yes, the Banker toon was put in effect to create fast cash to replace our lost Capital fleet. Mission accomplished. Kill the Banker.

-Yes, money was taken from SRP to put defense ships in Res. Misappropriation of funds, but intended to prevent a similar mishap in future.

-Yes, safeguards and precautions were not taken to prevent the situation to begin with. Lessons learned, and for some of us a painful repeat.

-Yes, we agree a tax to build alliance wallet is needed. Amount to be determined by vote.

Set the rate. Put a cap on SRP. Bring pilot accountability into play. Alliance income over cap goes to improving our home and covering alliance needs (alliance fees, defense, fuel, alliance projects, etc.). 

Did I miss anything?

The RES ships were purchased via vote, which was almost unanimous I believe.  

As for pilot accountability we need something in place to prevent people throwing ships away needlessly, but its overly painful to the point they dont want to fly to begin with.  

I have not lost a Ship running C5s yet (knocks on wood) but I have come close 2x now...and who knows, maybe the next time I do a C5 and my number comes up and pop...but im going to be honest, as far as penalties go for a pilot...if my Dread pops, and I get funded to replace it from the SRP, great, I got the money to get a new one, so now its off to lowsec/null, buy the ship, do a bunch of running around to fir the ship and fuel it, wait for a hole and cynos to get it into the hole, hell, to me, that's enough for me NOT to want to loos the ship coz to me, that's more aggravation to do than just doing whatever you can to stay alive. what more penalty does there need to be honestly?

adding penalties or charging players isk etc will couse further issues and debates and we will end up seeing less activity in people and perhaps people won't even bother replaceing there cap and we could end up with a time where we do not have what we need to be fielded.

I personaly think we just have to much time on our hands and the lack of better things to do that we are sitting around trying to wright polacies and rule books. If you truly want less argueing over the SRP or hold people accountable, there is only one true solution to take care of both in one fell swoop...Dismantle the SRP

About alliance tax, we been using the banker toon for some time, we voted to go 50/50 till we get to the 30 bil cap...so is this new tax to go past the 30 bil cap? or is this tax going to be put into a different wallet and if so what will this tax be used for?

This has now been decided. 

We now have a 15 percent Tax Rate for the Alliance and 5% for the corps and no banker toon.  The Alliance pays for fueling all POS's and everyone helps with the logistics of that when we need to do so.

I'm sure Infinite will add all of this to our approved policies thread.  But that's one more thing off the plate.  I like this.  Everything is settling and we're back to having fun working together.