News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Alpha Accounts for Star Citizen - depleting fast.

31210 Alpha accounts left

320.540 Star Citizens

33.575.737 $ "donated"

.... so now selling roughly 500 alpha accounts per day, meaning the lot will be gone end of January only.

ITs going slow!!!

• Upvote 1

Pledge numbers will go up when they release the goal ships.  Till then, folks are nursing their sore wallets.

I do not own are wallet anymore, RSI did destroy it!

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

yeah - very interesting the last newsletter from the CIO: Over 6000 new pledges added up to the last million. So more and more people joining and committing to the game in advance.

Meaning no gold rush anymore, but new accounts keep selling persistently. Also LOADS of activity on the grey market... prices now being above their pre-resale levels and still raising decently fast. I'll update on that in the used ship thread. Anyway:

20.674 Alpha accounts left

340.474 Star Citizens

35.354.038 $ "donated"

so over xmas, that was >400 alpha accounts sold per day!

Most of the sales being aurora's and similar small packages. Considering there's no special sales whatsoever going on right now, I think 50K donations per day is an amazing rate!
    Seems all alpha accounts will be sold out, shortly before we'll get our dogfighting module.

Was just thinking....Once we get down to around 2k Alpha accounts left we need to get the announcement listed on top of the forums in the "Important Announcement!" section.  And we can then keep the info up to date until they are all gone.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

10.000 Account mark breached!
    we're now down to...

9,996 alpha slots left

$38,097,752 raised

383,693 Star Citizens

....at the current rate that's 5-6 more weeks for you to decide whether you'll want to join us through alpha!

• 3 weeks later...

still going pretty slow, I'd have expected them to deplete a bit faster. As by today, we're at:

7,784 alpha slots left

$39,138,583 raised

396,038 star Citizens

so only 10.000 new accounts these past two weeks and only 2200 alpha accounts sold. At the current rate the accounts will still suffice until mid of April, being just prior to dogfighting being announced. Makes me wonder if that's a coincidence? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

it's amazing to think there were about 120,000 citizens when I joined in February, and the avg pledge was only about $30-35.

now we're almost to $100 avg, and I've hit 8x that, crazy me :)

I am encouraged by the growth of the citizens, though at times scared by the growing gap in what some of the new ones think the game should be versus what the game set out to become. I hope these people who don't quite understand the goals of Mr Roberts will give the game a fair shake. They may surprise themselves if they do.