News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Alpha Accounts for Star Citizen - depleting fast.

star citizens are all that registered, not all with alpha access ;)

Ok. Thanks.   So how many total have alpha access?  Or where can we find this number.

• CotP Sentinel

so you got alpha packages on 7 accounts? Cause I think once alpha starts, alpha won't be transferable anymore and 7 alpha packs on 1 account still count 1 only

Oh really? I wonder if that means people will start offloading these accounts to other buyers.  The reason I'm wondering this is admittedly selfish... I've been on the fence about buying into Star Citizen, but if the costs go down it might make the game more of an option for me.  I just spent most of my "gaming money" on Wildstar, and I had been putting off Star Citizen ships simply because the Alpha was not playable yet anyways.

once the alpha accounts are sold out, expect prices to go up for these packages.

Right now you can get a game package with alpha at $40 (originally was $35). Once alpha slots are sold out, you'll have to pay $40 + $5 for each module.

Later the game will cost ~$65.

Overall, all ships and stuff sold so far, has gone up in price, both from RSI price increases as well as due to trading.

LTI ships are now traded at 200-500% of their original price.

• CotP Sentinel

I'm confused... Your earlier post said that once Alpha accounts are sold out - they will no longer be transferable (sold to someone else).  Once that occurs, why would the price still go up?  I would have thought that as we get closer and closer to alpha accounts / ships no longer being purchasable - people would be more desperate to offload them so they don't end up with extra accounts they can no longer transfer.  Again, it could just be my misunderstanding of the system as it is set up.

so you got alpha packages on 7 accounts? Cause I think once alpha starts, alpha won't be transferable anymore and 7 alpha packs on 1 account still count 1 only

I could definitely use confirmation on that. I need to know if I need multiple accounts spread around :P

as to how many slots: consider

43.296 slots were left with 301.274 accounts.

now we are at 1648 and 426,580

so 41,648 slots were sold while 125,306 accounts were added

So that's under 1 slot per 3 accounts. And unless most of those are people making accounts to sell later, we're looking at under 200,000 slots. Which would be way under what I was expecting when I started typing :)  I was thinking 350,000 slots. need to do more research.

Last chance.... Alpha accounts will be gone this week!

Current status:

• Slots left:  1.116

• Star Citizens: 428.719

• Funds raised: 41.997.293 Mio (we'll hit another mark tonight!)

If you miss out on an alpha slot, you can buy the modules one by one later, but that's approx. $20 extra cost.

Also keep in mind, that they clearly expressed, that BETA accounts will not be erased before final... they *will* be reset several times during testing, whenever code changes make it necessary, but the final built will not be reset, meaning all beta testers will have a headstart into the game :)