News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Introductions

If you are a member from The Empyrean Order or a Covenant of the Pheonix members with some interest in Pathfinder Online this is the place to introduce yourself.  You also need to click on the following link to create an application.  It's quick and painless.   http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/index.php?app=groupjoin

-------------------

Name
    : Andius
    Background: I've been gaming as far back as I remember. Started out with NES, Commander Keen, Flight Simulator etc. My first online game was Age of Empires II back in 5th grade. I kept dedicating myself to clans only to watch them collapse around me. In 7th grade I started my own group on Dungeon Seige known as Great Legionnaires. Hopped through a few titles until I started playing Freelancer the summer before high school. In Freelancer I was introduced to a persistent world with persistent characters and open world non-factional PvP.

When we were still a 3-man group with no particular PvP experience we picked a fight with the largest group on our server over their tax policies. Despite the initial pounding we took we quickly adapted and ended up elite enough to hold our own against the much larger group, and as our success caused others to stop fearing them as much holding our own turned into pushing them back with the help of our new allies. This put us on the political map in a big way, and lead to us holding prominent positions in powerful alliances including the most powerful alliance our server ever saw. Many people saw me as the driving personality behind that alliance. A while after my graduation in 2007 the combination of real life pressures and a nearly complete burn out on Freelancer because I had done and seen almost everything led to our collapse there.

My gaming history since them can be summarized as trying to find a game that recaptures what I loved about Freelancer. The freedom, the level of player interaction, it's simple yet elegant combat. I've been mainly playing sandbox titles like Darkfall, Mortal Online, and Wurm but in some way they always fall short. But two games look to offer what I desire. Pathfinder Online and Star Citizen. Star Citizen does seem the more obvious choice as it is the true successor to the Freelancer legacy, even being designed by the same lead developer, but Pathfinder Online has some high points of it's own. It seems a bit more open, more focused on the MMO / territory control portion (As there is no other portion), and is based off a great world with a lot of vibrant lore.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Freelancer turned me into hardened PvPer, and that's the role I'll primarily play in PFO. True to my nature and our purpose I'll be hunting the most vile groups and players and championing the most just causes I can find. I'll also probably be helping deal with NPC escalations to earn cash for PvP gear and mix things up a bit.

Edited by Lifedragn
    Rank correction

Name: Lifedragn

Background: Likewise started with the NES with Super Mario Bros. and TMNT games. I have long been a fan of RPGs and cooperative multiplayer games. My first online gaming experiences worth note are the Command and Conquer series and a little known MMO called The 4th Coming. I spent a long time in World of Warcraft both leading and participating in small guilds. Historically I have favored smaller groups for the ability to breed strong familiarity with the members. To date I am still largely a cooperative and PvE / roleplaying oriented gamer. I accept some amount of PvP in my games, but am by no means the hardened PvP player that Andius claims to be.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Participate in creating a shining bastion of a settlement for non-evil aligned players. I am stepping outside of my usual small-group mindset in order to collaboratively build an area in this new sandbox game where folks who wish to minimize PvP risks can play safely and those who wish to PvP towards the greater good can take up roles to defend them. I am still undecided as to how I will best assist in these developments, as I will likely attempt to move in and fill any important weak points if I can.

Edited by Lifedragn

Name: Kevin AKA Jak Blitz AKA Rojak Battleborn

Background: Going to keep this short because I am at work. I have been playing MMOs and Online games since 2004. Currently am not playing anything but, looking forward to many games including Star Citizen, Pathfinder Online and Warhammer 40 000k Eternal Crusade.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: I am planning on eventually being a Dwarven Paladin of Torag. I am currently the master of our Silver Blade Subgroup. I plan on training and growing into an elite division of warriors in the Order. 

• Administrators

Great to meet you guys.

Name: Throne, aka Werekief, fka Ceraphim

Background: Started playing MMO's in 1999 on the Frostfell Server of Asheron's Call.  Switched to Darktide in September of 2000 where I met and joined this community.  I have been a part of this communities growth from seven members into the 1200+ active member international multi-gaming community it is today.  Besides AC, I enjoyed games like SWG, CoV, AoC, DFO, Xsyon and currently Wurm online. 

My interest in the game stems mostly from giving the members of the CotP community a chance at being a part of an active and well run gaming chapter.

Name:  Ixiolander

Rank: Member, Recruitment Envoy (on the TEO forums anyway)

Background: Like the others, I've been gaming since I was little on the NES. That said, it didn't really become a big hobby for me until I was introduced to Final Fantasy 6 (and Secret of Mana to a lesser extent) on the SNES. After that I threw myself at all th RPGs I could get my hands on (and afford with my allowance/jobs) on all the systems I could get including NES, SNES, Playstation, PS2, Gameboy (regular, color, DS), PSP, PS3, 3DS, and of course, PC.

PC Gaming on Neverwinter Nights on persistent worlds is where I really grew throughout my teenage years and college days, both as a player and dungeon master. I've acted as a Dungeon Master and administrator on a couple of fairly well known worlds on Neverwinter Nights for 2-3 years at a time (Talernon and World Serpent Inn for the curious). It is also what got me most interested into tabletop gaming (including Pathfinder, Numenera, Shadowrun, and D&D). I'm currently DMing the Wrath of the Righeous adventure path (Pathfinder) for a group on Roll20. We're a little ways into Book 2.

As far as MMOs are concerned, I've played on a decent number though usually in smaller guilds. Off hand, the ones I've tried at various times coming to mind are WoW, SWToR, Guilds Wars, GW2,  and Tera. More recently, I've been playing Rift with a couple friends once or twice a week when our schedules align.

The other games I'm currently mostly playing right now are Terraria and Rune Factory 4.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: I'm a member of the Seraphic Commission and plan to be working mostly on making the guild a welcoming place for our members through helping out new players, hosting IG events, and encouraging roleplaying. I'll be trying to get my nose in just about anywhere I can be of use, though, including actively taking the fight to those that would stand against us!

Name: Lone Wolf

Background: I am old time gamer, I started with 1e D&D and 1e Gamma World when they were the "new" thing (I know, that's a LONG time ago!). I have been GMing a P&P game for a few friends for the past 4+ years; we started using D&D 3.5e rules but we have now converted totally to the Pathfinder rules. I have been following the progression of Pathfinder and building up my PFRPG library for about 4 years (slowly, but surely, its been taking the place of my 3.5e stuff on my bookshelf!), so I am pretty familiar with the tabletop game. I was excited to see the 1st Goblinworks PFO Kickstarter and I supported that, and of course I supported the 2nd Kickstarter as well.
    I don't do a whole lot of on-line gaming, but I could not resist PFO. I am really looking forward to it!  I have tried EVE, and recently I have been playing Minecraft on a TEO server, great fun!  I am really looking forward to PFO.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: I am a member of the TEO Explorer's League, and I'll play a Ranger, probably a half-elf.  I'm more of a PvE player, but I think there could be a great niche as a wilderness guide or in cleaning out monster infestations or even (hopefully), becoming a Dragonslayer!

Name: Ciara Ni Seaghdha (KEY-ara NEE SHAW)

Background: I got my first PC at 3 years old, and have been gaming ever since. My stepfather collected gaming systems, so even though the SNES and Genesis were before my time, I still grew up with them (to this day, Shining Force 2 is among my favorite games). More recently, I've discovered a love of grand strategies; Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 3/4 hold my 1-3 spots on Steam's hours played by a good hundred hours each. Not much in the way of MMOs, though.

A few years back, I moved in with a guy who introduced me to D&D 3.5, and Pathfinder soon thereafter, and I've been hooked ever since. My chances to play have been few and far between in the intervening time (darn introversion), but I'm still keeping enough tabs on the Pathfinder system that, when I heard about PFO, I jumped all over it.

Plans for PFO: I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was?

In all seriousness, I think I'm going to have a hard time finding something that I'm *not* interested in. At the moment, I'm planning on trying to hold myself to the exploration game for a while, working at the direction of TEO's Green Cloak leadership, but I also love economics, research, and I have a rather strong competitive streak in games that I expect might draw me to PVP whether I intend to go there or not. Generally, I think I'm probably going to end up trying to help fill whatever holes TEO has at any given time, rather than focusing on any one thing.

Name: EmyLightsaber

Background: I started playing MMO's with Asheron's Call, had a few characters both on Solclaim and Verdantine. My favorite of those was a Throwing Weapons/Alchemy/ Fletching character that used Atalatl's, as I found they did the most damage of the three ranged damage types. Moved on to Asheron's Call 2, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, a little Xyson, some Vanguard and couple others.

I also have played some less known ones like Shores of Hazeron and YS Flight.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: To be perfectly honest, I personally enjoy the crafting mechanics of most games I have played in the past. My Ideal Location for my character would be either a Blacksmith's Shop or something relating to weapons and armor production. Also, maybe a little Alcohol Production on the side, have a wife as twice as loud as she is wide to run the Pub on the side. I also like being able to explore the world, see new things, live on what counts as the frontier once I've gotten better at the different skills and craftwork.

• CotP Sentinel

Name: Elric

Background:  Over the years I've dabbled in nearly every MMORPG that I could get my hands on, but I've probably spent the most time in DAOC, WoW, EVE Online, Rift, and EQ2.  I still personally view DAOC's PvP content as the best PvP in any MMO that I've played, and I'm very much looking forward to Camelot Unchained that is hopefully going into Beta / Launch in 2014/2015.  While I did do extensive raiding in WoW, my favorite PvE / raid content is still in Rift.  FFXIV is very quickly rising up the list for raid content though, so we'll see how that goes!

Other than my main MMORPG, I do occasionally play other random games on Steam.  I've also sunk a lot of hours into games like League of Legends, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, and Minecraft. While I do still keep in touch with some friends in other guilds, in every MMO I play I usually do so alongside my friends in COTP.  The COTP community is by far the best guild that I've ever had the pleasure to be in, and I really can't imagine ever being in another guild.  The activity, stability, and general friendliness about COTP will keep me here for years to come.  On a side note, I am involved with a number of the "admin" tasks here related to the COTP forums.  I currently oversee the COTP Economy game, the Sentry / Knight Exams, and various other admin / moderator tasks regarding our forums site.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: My knowledge about what Pathfinder Online will be like is pretty limited, so I'm not really sure of my plans as of yet.  Even if I don't play the game, I would be more than willing to help you guys get the ball rolling in terms of chapter setup, out of game recruitment, etc. :drinks:

Bumped the meeting time back an hour. Also I sent out a group message. So far the vote is at 17 in favor, 2 opposed, 5 abstain.

Edited by Andius

Name: Minflexzel
    Rank: Member (Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max!)
    Background: Started out on the SNES as a wee lad, started doing PC on the windows 98 when I wasn't even 10 yet, played runescape for a good few years, then went to WoW and a mix of a bunch of other PC games, then I started SWTOR in '11 and been playing that ever since, with other games from time to time. 

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Don't know too much about it, but i'm always interested in sandbox mmo's. If I ever play it, ill probably roll a mage/healer

Name: MadBlue

Background: I've been part of CotP for 3 years and have been active in quite a few chapters (I'll be heading up the WildStar chapter when that game launches). I've played a lot of online and traditional RPGs (starting with AD&D 1e back in 1980). I've done a bit of raiding and not much PVP (I'm kind of a carebear, but not casual -  I tend to spend a lot of time playing MMOs)

Plan in Pathfinder Online: None at the moment, but the crew that is working on that had a lot of influence on D&D 3e (and its spiritual successor Pathfinder), so it sounds very intriguing to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and welcome you to CotP. :D

• CotP Guardian

Name: Grim, aka Pirant

Rank: Sentinel, humble servant of CotP, glorified pain in the butt.

Background: I've been a member of CotP since July 2008. Currently I assist with the administration of the forums,our Mumble server and any game servers that we are hosting at the time. I also provide member assistance.

I started out playing the old mechanical pinball machines, then progressed to video games in the early 70's. The first home video game I played was Pong in 1975, at my best friends house, across the street from where I live. From there I kept going, playing games on several different consoles moving to personal computers starting with the Atari 800 and Apple II + in 1979. I have beta tested nearly every mmorpg released from Ultima Online in 1996 to current, tho nowadays I just beta test the games that I am interested in playing down the road.

Plan in Pathfinder Online: It is still too early to tell. I will have a better idea once the game hits late Alpha / Beta, when there is more information available.

Cheers

Grim

Name: Matt (aka BrxTheSage)

Background: pen and paper RPG'r from way back starting with the Red Box. Currently playing Pathfinder RPG, Pathfinder Society (organized play) and some old school online games (like Vanguard and Everquest). I am a supporter of both kickstarters for PFO and will be on the ground running on the first day.

Plans for PFO: I am a member of the Golden Scales Trade Guild and the Azure Astra Arcanum. I would like to be involved with crafting, PVE, PVP and am very excited for the world building aspects of the game.

Regards

Name: Leah

Background: I've been with CotP from the beginning. My first computer game was Adventure on a mainframe before there were pc's--so been addicted a long time. My first online multiplayer game was Meridian 59; it is open PvP and still exists. My favorite online games--and I've played most of them--were Shadowbane and DAOC.  There's something about PvP/RvR/WvW that builds strong communities. I'm currently watching over our GW2 chaper and having a blast in world vs world. Mind you, I'd be the first to admit I'm not GOOD at PvP; too slow--but I do love it. :D

Plans for PFO: A hopeful wait and see. I've enjoyed the introductions very much and hope to see you all in game someday.

--Leah

Name: Dragonpriest

Background, started playing games when the Atari 2600 came out. Several years later I graduated to the NES and it's been all games since.  Been an MMO junkie since '98, married since '98, and and even got fired for the first time in '98.  Played way too many different MMO's to remember them all, in the end the ones that held my interest the longest was EQ and WoW so far, at 7 yrs and 8 yrs respectively and have been looking for something to bring back the fun.  Which has brought me to FFXIV atm, so we'll see where that goes.  Not a big pvp fan, my daughter reigns queen of pvp in my house.

Plans for PFO: Ranger, I'm an explorer, and I want to learn the terrain to use it to my advantage against those would do the good citizens harm.

Name: Dogan
    Background: Old Geezer here, past my prime and looking fine! ;) Okay, maybe not so much.

Another long-time gamer who started gaming on an IBM mainframe playing the original Star Trek game. I've done MMOs since the first EQ, online shooters starting with Tribes (proud member of the Raven Nation), and lost many hours with the original Masters of Orion and the many derivatives. Favorite games all-time are probably the original Tribes, the original Diablo played on a LAN and the original Unreal. That last one still gives me shivers when I think about those spider things that jumped at your face. <shudder>

Plans in Pathfinder Online: In PFO I'm looking forward to working as a team to achieve goals. While not opposed to PVP, I also don't pretend to be the king of the twitch side of things. But I'm pretty good at out-guessing and predicting opponents, so I can often get the drop on them. But I'm usually best utilized as cannon fodder or the bait for a trap. Just saying. 

I'll likely roll something fast and sneaky, because I like to take risks sneaking into enemy territory and don't rage quit when I get killed. Which I do. Often.

Looking forward to gaming with you guys and gals!

Name: Talos Thornwood

Background: I've been involved in RPGs since 1978 and MMO's since Everquest (first release).  I am currently involved with GW2, Rift, Neverwinter and WoW with regard to MMOs.  I also play\GM DnD (v2, 3.5) and Pathfinder RPGs.  I have been an officer\guild leader in World of Warcraft since approximately 2 months from release.

Plans in Pathfinder Online:  In PFO I am looking to explore and gather lore and work with a team to achieve goals, such as exploring dungeons and such.  I am not much of a PvP type person but am not necessarily against it if there is sufficient reason.

Looking to create a bard type character.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

GAME ON!!

Hey everyone!

Name: Nymr Ironclad

Rank: TEO member, application pending for CoTP membership

Background: My gaming background is in pc and tabletop rpgs, magic the gathering, runequest, d&d, baldur's gate, final fantasy, elder scrolls, pathfinder. My first mmo was WoW, before that I'd only played lan games.
    Plans in Pathfinder Online: I hope to be a part of a long lasting community. As a character wise I'll probably make a pvp character and a crafter/trader character for a different flavor. I like pvp but for some days it's nice to stroll casually. :)

Hi Folks

Name: GrumpyMel

Background: I joined TEO shortly after the first Pathfinder Online Kickstarter. I've been involved in online computer games since I joined the old Genie network and discovered a text based MUD called Gemstone. I've enjoyed board and PnP games ever since I was a kid, mostly of the war/strategy game variety. I'm a bit of a grognard in that respect. I'm a big PnP RPGer and enjoy that when I get the chance and ocasionaly participate in the virtual table-top variety of those.

Plans in Pathfinder Online:  Whatever Andius tells me, except if it involves bathing more often. Sorry Andius, but it just ain't healthy, I tell ya!

Hi there everyone.

Name: I tend to go by Banecrow

Background: Been gaming for years now. Live in California and currently play DDO while I wait for Pathfinder Online.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Crafter, I love crafting.

Hello all

Name:  Foscadh on most boards (and In the SCA)  not sure what it will be in Pathfinder on line

Rank  TEO member

Background:  Playing RPGs for almost 40 years now, fighting in the SCA for over 40.

Plans for Pathfinder On Line:  One character with an emphasis on exploration and combat one with a emphasis on crafting and harvesting.  Probably will be joined by other family members.

Hi everyone

Name: Gedichtewicht on forums, In-game names will follow

Background: playing RPGs and computergames for nearly 25 years now, not much mmo experience yet, played a bit eve and darkfall this year; still think i should try WURM...

Plans for Pathfinder On Line: One character will be an exploring( and pvp trained) one, the other mostly crafting, i think.