News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Introductions

Welcome SDShannonS!  While I have not played the games you have, I did live in San Diego for a year during college (well, Chula Vista actually, but close enough I suppose).

Welcome!

Oh, and check out the "Ask us about Pathfinder" thread here in this forum. There is a message with a list of categorized links covering many things PfO if you are looking at catching up on things in the game.

Name: Urman

Background: Played D&D a long time ago. In MMOs, played ATitD, WoW, LotRO, and finally Wurm (PvE side of that game). I've generally played solo or in a small group; and have mostly avoided PvP. In PFO I'm looking to break out of those two ruts, while still being a cooperative player.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: For my role, I plan to play a Ranger-type character and will either play as a Rogue or Warrior/Archer until the Ranger role is implemented. For my position within the group, I'm frankly not looking for a large leadership role; I was a Chat Mod and (junior) GM in Wurm and the responsibility ate into my gaming time and fun. I expect to turn my hand to whatever task is required, so gatherer, scout, or soldier as the circumstances demand.

Name: Tirithael

Background: Limited D&D experience (3rd, 3.5, and 4th editions) though you could say I always dreamed of playing in an awesome campaign. Definitely enjoyed reading the fiction and sourcebooks for the Forgotten Realms and Dragonlance settings even if I never got to play in those settings. My MMO experience is mostly limited to private server Ultima Online and Guild Wars 2. I have been gaming since the good ol' NES days :P

Plans in Pathfinder OnlineI would like to play an Elven ranger (fighter/archer until ranger is implemented) and should they introduce prestige classes maybe shift to Arcane Archer.

Name: Durgadin

Background: I have played board, RPG, and computer games for many years.  I was an avid EQ player for 12 years and was part of a top end game guild.  I left EQ becuae most of my friends had moved on and i had grown tired of the daily grind.  After EQ I dabbled in several other MMO's (WoW, SWTOR, Neverwinter) but none held my interest.

PFO plans: I always play a good aligned character so I plan on playing a dwarven paladin.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome!  

The game mechanics for PFO sound like they'll be a good bit different than the tabletop game.  No prestige classes, certainly, or even classes in the D&D sense.  A dev blog post to get you started:

https://goblinworks.com/blog/your-pathfinder-online-character/

But regardless of mechanics, there'll certainly be a need for rangers.  You might be interested in the Explorer's League subgroup.

(Dwarf, well, you can't be perfect...)

:warning: Carefull there   :dwarf: dwarven axes are made to bring people down to our level so we can ask them if we understood right  :blum2: you know, they are a hearing aid, cause we are not perfect :secret:

Edited by Gedichtewicht

Name: Father Time

Background: Mostly RTS, with a significant(but not obsessive) fork into RPG/MMO.  
    Plans in Pathfinder Online: My primary character will be a healer through and through, supporting the main combat groups as often as possible.  I haven't decided what to do with my Destiny's Twin yet.  

Hello All,

I hope this is something for me to do, and not something that should wait until after my application is accepted. But I've been browsing around the COTP forums and found this page, so what the hey...???

Name: Apyx (for starts, though I'm a bit of an Alt-o-holic)

Rank: ? Whatever the entry-level rank is (assuming my application is accepted)

Background: White with black letters. Oh...and I've been gaming since the early 80's. Started with AD&D. First online experience was with a text based MMO called Dragonrealms back in maybe '96. Played most of the generally known MMO's e.g. DDO, LOTRO, WoW, Ultima, EQ, Eve, etc... Recently tried SWTOR - fun game but I'm looking forward to something a little less theme-parky.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Hoping to find something special in PFO. I will likely experiment with character builds, but I tend to like support characters e.g. healers, bards, that kind of thing, as well as arcane casters. Will probably try some sort of explorer early on too.

:warning: Carefull there   :dwarf: dwarven axes are made to bring people down to our level so we can ask them if we understood right  :blum2: you know, they are a hearing aid, cause we are not perfect :secret:

interersting... I'll tell the wood elves that if dwarves don't seem to listen, just string'em up in a sturdy oak and tell them again.

aaaand welcome to all.

Name: Bormun

Background: I live near Portsmouth, southern UK. Software engineer by trade, and middle-aged-ish. Been playing D&D since 1979, although life got in the way of me ever playing 3rd edition or Pathfinder. Played WoW from public release to Cataclysm before getting bored of it. 

PFO Plans: Explore, loot dungeons, get rich enough to be a low rank noble, so some leadership/crafting/resource management skills as well. Good alignment, Elf Wizard for 1st character, then we'll see. I like that PvP exists, as a thing to use PvE resources against, as 'value' is only really meaningful when compared to other players. I dislike PvP combat. But I would like designing fortifications for use in PvP, if that is possible in PFO. 

Name: Wyvern

Background: I am old time gamer from Pittsburgh PA. I started when D&D and Star Frontiers were first introduced. My gaming experience is mainly RPG's. I have played or GM'd most of the RPG's out there. I currently am playing in 2 Pathfinder Adventure Paths and GMing Rise of the Rune lord Anniversary Edition . I also play in a Savage Worlds Deadlands game. I have been following the progression of Pathfinder since it was formed by Paizo and building up my PFRPG library. I use Hero lab extensively and was introduced to that at Gencon, so I am pretty familiar with the tabletop game. I got on board to for the 1st Goblinworks PFO Kickstarter and and of course I supported the 2nd Kickstarter as well.

My only MMO experience is I played in Everquest for about 5 years. My primary character in that game was an 80th level Inquisitor ( de buff Cleric). I was in a number of different guilds while there and enjoyed the camaraderie of playing with different people. I also enjoyed the crafting experience in that game. But it came to a point where I was playing the game more than doing things in real life and had to walk away from it. Also people I had come to know moved onto different games and I didn't follow them.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Not sure yet. I would like to see what the game has to offer before I decide on a character concept. Of course, I would also like to help out my fellow guild mates with whatever I can and experience this game with the rest of you.

• Upvote 1

Name: Roughshod

Background: I played WoW for the first 2-3 years of its existence on a PvP server with my college roommates. I ended up drifting away from WoW due to real life time constraints and haven't really played another MMO in the last 3 years. I've tried EVE a few times but it never stuck, the longest attempt lasting about 3 months. I've learned MMOs are good if they're fun, but only really great if you have great team members. 

Plans in Pathfinder OnlineI'm a bit in the dark as everyone is right now, but primarily I plan on the harvesting/processing/crafting roles (HPC for short. If that's not a term yet, I'm coining it here). I am planning on being a Commoner / Expert, which I hope the PFO community finds a less oxymoronic term for eventually. In terms of combat, I prefer playing pure healing roles, so I would probably either mix in some Cleric to that mix or use a second character. I may also dabble in Aristocrat, but I assume that will be more for company and group leaders (which I am not). If PFO is fun and I end up playing it for 1+ years, my goal within TEO is to help produce and maintain a major economic power block within the meta game (sort of like those EVE maps, not that I got that far in EVE). 

tl;dr

Neutral Good Expert Cleric Commoner, at your general service   :)

Edit: I should add: I am one of those "shift-workers." What that means for me is I work 7 nights in a row, then I am off 7 nights in a row (at which point I revert to a daytime schedule). So my availability ranges from "almost zero" to "a lot" depending on the week. I am online randomly at all hours. 

I'm also going to be in England & France for my second trip this July, so hopefully EE starts after July 15th :P