News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Introductions

Hello there! I am copying my post from the old site.

Username: psotos
    Most Probable Race: Dwarf
    Most Probable Alignment: NG or CG
    Most Probable Classes/Paths: Cleric
    How did you hear about The Empyrean Order: Goblinworks website
    Why do you want to join The Empyrean Order: Its an order with values I can totally align with (pun intended)
    What parts of TEO's ideology do you find most appealing: No Griefing!!
    What aspects of PFO are you most interested in: Teamwork, working together to create a society
    If you have an account in the PFO/Paizo Forums, what is your username there: Archmagician
    If you have a RP-background/concept for your character, what is it: I know its cliche but "Beer Drinking Dwarven Cleric". I do in fact, brew my own beer, so it is a passion of mine! *Burp*
    Will you have beta access: I believe so since I think I got in pretty early but not sure. How do I check?

Greetings. Beta access is also known as Early Enrollment, and is granted to everyone who backed at Crowdforger Pioneer and above. Also available for sale in the GW Store for month 2.

Name: TheBreakfastKing

Background: When I was in preschool my step dad had  a Sega Genesis and wanted to trade it in for a Super Nintendo but I was really enjoying what little I understood of Shining Force II. He said he would wait for me to beat the game before he got the new system, but that if I was going to play it, I'd have to read it myself. So I taught myself to read playing my first RPG. After that came Chrono Trigger and Link to the Past and since then I've been an avid RPG fan. I got my first set of my own dice as a birthday present in first grade and I still use that same set of dice today after almost twenty years of rolling them. I play tabletop a lot more than I play MMOs, but I am ridiculously excited about PFO and have been since I heard about the kickstarter and pledged.

Plans for PFO: I'm still not entirely sure. I really love builder/crafter concepts, but I'm also keen on exploration and economics. So I'll really have to figure this out more as we get closer to a playdate

Man I miss Galaxies. :( Started that game opening night sitting in the chat room watching people throw fits about the game not working.. RL pulled me away for huge stretches of time, but Bria will always hold a special place in my heart. As will dancing Twi-lek chicks ;)

Well, did you know there is an Emulator community for SWG ?

I mess around with the ole EQ emulator from time to time, for a trip down Nostalgia Lane. Emulator servers are pretty hard to get working if you don't regularly fool with SQL and C compilers, but just playing on one is pretty easy for an old skool gamer.

Hiyas.  I haven't had a chance to think much about playing Pathfinder but I am very excited for more developments.  I am relatively new to the sandbox concept so I might have a lot of questions! But I learn fast and will do my best to not be a pest :)

I do have early access, in theory.  I read they are inviting players based on the backing order. So I am not sure when my number will come up.  

I hope my application is approved and I look forward to exploring the River Kingdoms with you!

I have applied for TEO membership.

As a Political Science graduate, city management is an interest of mine, and coming from games such as Civ V, any of the Total War titles, or older RTS games like age of Empires or Stronghold, I am eager to see how this game develops.

Understanding that I have 0 standing in the CotP, and in TEO, I wish to prove myself by working in the realm of gathering, crafting, building, and trading, focusing on economic growth and domestic issues.

I do understand that this sets me apart from many players, though I do also intend to learn my ropes around combat and the like. Dealing with social interactions and the prospect for simulating politics is what really drew me to this game.

I look forward to being a part of Brighthaven. 

• Upvote 1

Greetings all, Im looking forward to being able to creating my trading empire in Pathfinder when EE starts us up

Roughshod will be happy, we finally got another Trader : D

Welcome to the Order everyone !

Roughshod will be happy, we finally got another Trader : D

Welcome to the Order everyone !

I'm always happy :P but yes, trade makes that world go round. 

• Upvote 1

Name: IndyBart
    Background: I've been a part of the online gaming community since the days of MUD's and MUSH'es before EQ took off. I've played is pretty much every major MMO since UO. Once I was married and started a family I pretty much only played WOW or other multiple player games online with my friends. I'm especially fond of the Total War series of games racking up more hours that I can to admit on Rome, Shogun 2, and Rome 2.
    Plans in Pathfinder Online: I've always enjoyed making gold in on-line games by working over the auction houses so I have a feeling I will be leaning towards a character that either makes stuff, or works to trade stuff. I also enjoy questing and exploring so who knows what I end up doing in the long run. :)

Welcome IndyBart!

I have my (dusty) Total War games here on my shelf...Shogun and Medieval - I never got the II versions :( .  Anyway, welcome, glad to have you here!

Name: Stagehog81 (Will update this with actual character name once the game launches)
    Background: Video Game Background: gaming on on systems as far back as the Atari 2600, Commodore 64, and Apple IIe.  My favorite console system is still the NES.  I do mostly PC gaming currently playing a huge variety of games.  I started playing MMO games with Everquest and Ultima Online.  My favorite so far had been Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-CU and NGE). 

I started with Pen and Paper games when I was 6 years old.  My uncle taught me to game with the original release of Dungeons and Dragons.  I have since played D&D Advanced, 2nd edition, 3rd/3.5 editions.  I didn't like many of the changes that were made for 4th edition so I started playing Pathfinder instead.  I have some experience DM'ing with D&D 2nd and 3.5 editions.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: I'm currently not sure the details of how my characters stories will play out, and they may go through many changes as they progress.  I am wanting to have them be able to fulfill a combat role, but unsure if I want them to be an official member of the settlements military or guard (although I'm not ruling that out as a possibility).  They could potentially be part of the military reserves for the settlement during time of war, and when at peace can act as a mercenary for hire.  

Depending on the how the actual game systems function when the game goes live I may also have them pursue a minor crafting role on the side as well, or could have a secondary character that would work primarily as an artisan or merchant.

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Sutekh

Background: Was introduced to D&D back in high school (just turned 40 so was quite a while ago). Expanded to other role playing games in college (Call of Cthulhu, Vampire the Masquerade, even LARPS) and then had a fellow gamer introduce me to Everquest. which began my fascination with MMO's (I was almost always the GM, so it was fun to actually make a character and play!) Since then I have played in a variety of MMO's (EQII, WOW, SWG, City of Heroes, AION, RIFT, SWTOR, The Secret World, Neverwinter, ESO...), 95% of the time playing the group role of healer. All of my games gave been Theme Park so I am interested in seeing how a Sandbox plays out. I still love to game with friends (mainly board games) when not spending time in a virtual world or traveling (another fascination of mine). I missed the Kickstarter for Pathfinder (found out about it a few days after it closed) but purchased the Early Enrollment package directly from the Goblinworks store.

Plans for PFO: I will most certainly build a cleric as I love being a dedicated healer. I usually craft, explore, etc - but I primarily love the thrill of tackling a dungeon or combating other players with both small and large groups of friends.

Welcome! Do keep in mind that Cleric's here are a lot more front-line types than not - as most healing spells are "touch". I play a lot of healers myself, but tend to favor the back-line caster-types.

• 2 weeks later...

Username: Thorsen Bartender

Most Probable Race: Human (perhaps Dwarf for destiny's twin) Hopefully half-elf if they incorporate it. Perhaps my Destiny's Twin can be my brother, or half brother....

Most Probable Alignment: Chaotic Good

Most Probable Classes/Paths: Rogue/Fighter/Cleric/Bard? (I've been thinking of a priest of Cayden Cailean: a Fighter/Rogue with a "level" of Cleric for flavor -- or maybe no "cleric levels," as Pathfinder lore suggests that many priests of Cayden aren't clerics).

NG is the environment my sort of CG character would probably feel most comfortable in.

What aspects of PFO are you most interested in: Exploring, adventure, defending the weak, running a tavern. Rp-ing. I love the idea of the warrior-scholar, so I will probably build my character around that a bit.  Also, I am a published and award-winning poet and would gladly contribute flavor text for our kingdom's needs (making codes of laws sound pretty, writing national anthem, etc.)

If you have an account in the PFO/Paizo Forums, what is your username there: InspireThis (MattK: Pathinder inXile for Eternity on the KickStarter page).

If you have a RP-background/concept for your character, what is it: Talked about it a bit already, still working on it altogether. Father was a bartender, hence the last name, and my character knows the trade. Hoping for a Knighthood down the line. Thorsen strives to always become better, and sees personal progress as its own reward (but obviously enjoys coin as well). I'd like to be someone who is a good military commander, and used as such, but isn't - at heart - a by-the-book "lawful" military man. (Frequently in medieval militaries [and fantasy militaries] captains were chosen from noble families, or by military prowess and hired for specific sorties or campaigns -- but weren't full-time military regulars) I could see my character as an adventurer, tavern-owner, freedom fighter, [unorthodox] champion for good who is called on by his guild to fight in campaigns, etc. He might eventually earn a Knighthood, and then continue his personal adventuring to defend good and freedom (and to maybe run a tavern) but now is called on not only to fight but also to lead parties or platoons (as a seasoned knight would in medieval times), or to root out evil in dungeons dark.

Will you have beta access: First month! I was one of the first 100 Crowdforgers.  I'm also an "Epic Brewmaster" - so I'll be naming a beverage!

• Upvote 1

Name: Fierywind
    Background: Been playing MMOs off and on for 8 years (I'm 20), primarily WoW (TBC ftw!), EVE Online (led a mining/manufacturing guild in highsec), SWtOR, and Rift. I invariably strive to conquer end-game pve content, so I've been a (fairly) hardcore raider whenever possible, including leading a raiding guild in Rift. More important to me, though, is helping my guild become the best it possibly can be, even if it means sacrificing gear/achievements personally. To me, there is nothing better than striving towards a common goal with a group of people and, through the hard work of all, accomplishing it. I'm pretty new to PFO, so didn't participate in the kickstarter, but it seems like an amazing game, and I look forward to it and playing with all of you!

Plans in Pathfinder Online: I've read a number of blogs and have a general idea on the "roles" people can perform, but I'm not sure what I'd be most interested in. I love theorycrafting/researching and writing guides/teaching people, as well as leading, acting as a diplomat, and completing pve content. I have a wide enough range of interests that I'm willing to do just about anything that needs to be done.