News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Introductions

welcome :fan_1:

Foscadh: PvE both rough and "soft" can be found everywhere. Puny goblins are only around starter towns, but we have plenty of bandits and wolves. "Greater Brighthaven Area" (including Keeper's pass and Phaeros) is a great place for everyone.

Gospje: welkom, u bent in onze tijdzone?

Edited by randomwalker

Name: Aeryx (Current in-game name is Eyraphel until EE)

Background : I'm 23 and have been gaming for as long as I can remember. Console, handheld, PC, and most recently tabletop. I don't have much serious experience with MMOs, though. I generally play casually, but I'm certainly interested in contributing as best as I can.

Plans: I have a few playstyles that I prefer. My primary idea for my main character is a wizard with a bow based on an Eldritch Knight I played at the table (also named Aeryx). Aside from that, I'd like to have a sub-focus on crafting so that I might help supply the rest of us. I haven't figured out if that means mining, refining, or crafting the finished item yet.

Name:  Oort

Rank:  Member.  Former Sentry (I was a Rift Officer for a while)

Background:  Online games since before they were massive (Island of Kesmai on CompuServe was probably my first and where I learned to touch-type, c. 1986).  EQ for a couple of years.  SWG for a couple more.  WoW till just after Cataclysm.  Rift from launch to now, with an 18 month hiatus in the middle, during which I played and grew bored with SWToR.  CoH briefly.  Tabula Rasa very briefly.

I used to be a healer by trade, then discovered a fondness for tanking.  I raid when my schedule permits, but 6am ET alarm for work and a family, plus other activities 3 evenings a week, significantly limit my playtime.  So I've learned to try to make the most of what time I have, and prefer to be as good as I can be at whatever I'm doing.

Plans:  PvE by preference.  Raiding if scheduling works for me (and it exists).  Social aspect is important, as all these games get grindy and dull without a strong community.  I prefer to think of online gaming as hanging out with friends engaging in a shared interest, as opposed to playing a game with people.

At the moment, I'm losing interest in Rift due to a lack of community.  The next expansion comes out on 10/22 and then I'll see if it's re-ignited or not.  Until then, I'll poke at PFO with a stick and get to know the people, who in the end are the deciding factor for me.

Name: Rain

Background: I'm 29 years old, from High River, AB (Canada).  If you google that location you'll likely see the flood from last year #sadpanda.  I enjoy playing video games and photography.  I have been playing TT Pathfinder for a few years now, and have TT gamed since early high school (D&D 3.5/4/NEXT, Pathfinder).  MMO Background includes a top 50 NA raiding guild in WoW, a part of one of the largest player cities in original SWG, and various forays into other MMOs.  I also am a fan of the MOBA genre, currently playing Heroes of the Storm alpha as well as League of Legends.

PFO Plans: I plan on either taking the roleplay route and manning an Inn for the cause, or delving further into the PvP realm that I so thoroughly enjoy and stabbing things.  I do really, really enjoy stabbing things.

Name: Rowen

I got started in TT long ago, mid 80's. First pc I rolled was I front of DM using his dice. 3-18s, 2- 17s, and a 16. Started higher abilities than DM he got pissed and killed me off within the first 5 min of play. Started in an alley way with no doors or windows, and 4 orcs on both ends of alley. I had no weapons or armor of any kind. It stopped me from playing for many years.

Currently my groups are on a break, but we usually play on Wendsday and Friday nights. Pathfinder and home grown pathfinder and forgotten realms hybrid.

As for PFO my plan is to have both an adventurer ranged fighter/ fighter sword and shield. And a crafter, would like to do leather working and bowyer maybe some weapon smithing in there as well. I would also like to learn the best way to get both of those done.

Now as for the guild goes, first I would like to say I have heard nothing but good things about this guild. Second I am more than willing to help gather supplies and even donate some in game monies to get things started after EE. Unless it is needed right away I plan on doing my crafter down the road a ways after thing get settled a bit, but if I am needed to craft right away I will be willing.

Name: BlackPhx aka Xenos in game

Rank: TEO member during the first Landrush and KickStarter returning to the fold.

Background: Mostly RPG for more years then I care to count including LARP. WoW player for many years with my wife mostly healer and tanking roles. Unlike my wife I did a lot of battleground actions but mostly PUG's.

Goals:  I want to start as a Scavenger and mine the hex north of Pharoes for coal. I will play a wizard named Xenos and after I top out on scavenging I will become a gemcutter. Eventually I want to be involved in logistics in moving raw resources between allies and trade with other groups, as resources involve actual transport.  

Name:  Terramup aka Terram

Background:  Mostly I play tabletop RPGs, with a scattering of MMORPGs over the years.  I enjoy trying new games.

Goals:  I enjoy exploring, and have a hard time resisting stopping for every node along the way.  In particular I enjoy mining.  My long term goals are just to help others and have fun.

Name: Nisroch

Background: I've played a variety of MMO's, both themepark and sandbox. My favorite was Star Wars Galaxies back in the day before the combat upgrade. I've been playing D&D since '96, and have a weekly Pathfinder game (I consider PFRPG to be the spiritual successor of D&D, and picked it up after 4th Ed came out). I'm 33 and live in San Antonio, TX with my wife and two kiddos. :)

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Explore/settle the River Kingdoms, knock down some monster escalations, and have a good time with a fun group of people. I haven't settled on a character concept yet, as it's still Alpha and I'm learning the game. I'll likely focus on PvE and meaningful PvP, not so much with the crafting.

NAME: Spryone

Background: First Experienced Online Gaming playing Ultima Online during Alpha/Beta Then with the release. Had more fun RPing in

Mirc when Servers were down for hours at a time than actually fighting the lag. When Retail servers were up our Guild hired out as caravan guards from city to city. That is what attracted me to Pathfinder Online the chance for the community to grow and thrive "player run". Since UO

I have played EQ and EQ2 up until Star Wars and Rift came out. Lately I have been enjoying WoT.

Vision for Pathfinder: In game, Exploring and Crafting have been my forte' but Pathfinder may draw me in to where my wife hates the game just like UO did.

Thanks! If I get permission to view those forums, I'll definitely check them out. ;)

Ah, so you are either still waiting to get approved,

or you have only registered to the forum so far.

To see all the forums you will need to send in an application to join the Covenant of the Phoenix.

which you can find on top of the page under join us, or here

Name:  Farnaby aka Meredith in PFO

Background: MMO newbie, played D&D 1e, 1e AD&D, 2e and Traveller, had a break and started up again about 5 years ago with Pathfinder. I GM 2 groups at the moment, saw the Kickstarter and jumped on. I'm based in the CET timezone.

I tried Eve Online, but it got too time consuming and broke it off.

Lots of PC gaming, just tried PFS at the Fantasy Grounds Con and was hooked.

I also dabble in miniature painting and have built my own gaming / dining table with a projector underneath for maps.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: I'm curious and would like to explore the world. I'd like to PvE and also a bit of PvP if you would have me.

Hey, Farnaby,

and welcome to TEO! We're happy to have you aboard.

Kero (I think you've met my elven archer Darkleaf in general chat :) )

PS: I'm also happy to have more Europeans join; I'm hoping to eventually find people interested in grouping up for some PvE or even PvP during the european evening hours.

Where in Germany do you live, if I may ask? I'm from near cologne.

PS: I'm also happy to have more Europeans join; I'm hoping to eventually find people interested in grouping up for some PvE or even PvP during the european evening hours.

Where in Germany do you live, if I may ask? I'm from near cologne.

Hi from me too Farnaby.

i´m from Krefeld(so, "near" Cologne as well;-) ) and i´m also glad that we(the european crowd) are growing :-)

Edited by Gedichtewicht