News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Introductions

Hi,

Name: CaptainZolt

Character Name: Farran Yurgerim
    Backround: I´ve played just about alot of games and it is my beloved hobby. I am eager to try any game that is presented to me, which is part of the reason I am playing PFO. I am currently running one Pathfinder Tabletop game and playing in a few others, such as D&D.

Plans in PFO: Uh.... No idea. I am so utterly confused by the whole system, that I´m just doing my best to learn and contribute to the guild. I am an active player, but sadly have little time, so I´ll be online whenever I have the time and energy.

Edited by CaptainZolt

Name: Warmage316

Character name(s): Kalidan

Background: I am a dedicated gamer - most recently played Darkfall but I have all but given up on Aventurine. I have played Shadowbane, AC, Eve, SWoTR, Vanguard in the past and hope that I PFO is the next game for me.

Plans for PFO: Just enjoy myself with both PVE and PVP while making new friends (while trying to learn how to actually play)

Name:  Iron Strings

Background: I've been gaming since the mid 70’s with the original version of D&D. I have been playing MMORPG’s since the release of Everquest. I currently have an active EVE and LotRO (lifetime) account.

I still play paper and pencil pathfinder when I get the chance.

I work weekends Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 12 hour shifts with an hour travel time each way. So you will usually only see me online for maybe an hour late night on weekends.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Good question, I haven’t really decided. Based on my EVE character I will probably be a Jack-of-Most trades, master of nothing. I enjoy PVE and crafting mostly, but can and will PvP when necessary. Let me know where my time and energy can best benefit the company.

Character: Iron Strings; Dwarf

As of 2/16/15; level 4 on all gathering skills. Level 3 smelter and level 2 armorsmith.

Primary: Archer-5, bow proficiency – 2, Bow Specialization – 3, bullseye shot-3, half draw-3

Secondary: Clerical for agile feet and destructive smite

Edited by Iron Strings

Name: Charlette / Krangar

Background: Have been playing tabletop games for next to forever.  I started with "war games" in the early 70s (i.e. Avalon Hill games).  I got into RPGs a couple of years thereafter (D&D blue box, Chainmail, Gamma World).  That activity has been pretty consistent through present.  I've played a lot of online games (Everquest, EQII, WoW, Eve Online, Dark Ages, etc.)  I also build 3D models in Stone, Foamcore and Paper: www.facebook.com/pages/Garners-Scale-Models/119812808099993

Plans in Pathfinder Online:  I like having constructive things to do, both short and long term goals.  One of the things I liked with Eve Online was the ability to build up infrastructure both individually and in a group.  I will probably have a PvE, a couple of crafters and likely some form of organizer (caravan leader, etc.) once that's implemented in the game.

Welcome to the gang. :)

Mechavoc: we met in game I think.

Zander: many of us are still figuring things out. :jester:

Kvarsi: nice to see more rp-background friends.

CaptainZolt: good to see more Europeans - soon we can do Tier2-escalations outside US-times. We could need a bit of "sisu" in this guild.

Warmage: Gaming have also been my no 1 hobby since I was young.

IronStrings: I'm debating with myself wether to specialize (as many do) or to spread out and have more flexibility.

MGKatana: those nice models would bring a good atmosphere to any table-top-battle.

Name:  Modat5

Character name:   Acarcia

Rank:        where do I go to fill out an application?  do I need to?  

Background:   Years of pen & paper starting with 2nd Edition D&D and on to Pathfinder currently.   Only other online game I play actively now is MWO

( Mechwarrior Online ) 

Plans for PFO:   Help out the CoTP and play with guys I do the pen & paper Pathfinder game, as they talked me into this.   RIght now would like to

build a paladin type character but from what I've heard the game is not quite setup yet for it?

I am a friend of "Bealze" in game, he's the one who got me into this. 

Thanks,

Modat5

Welcome Modat5. :)

Your presentation here is enough for the CotP-membership. CotP is a clan that is involved in several games, like PFO.

To become a member in the TEO PFO-company you need to make a search in-game for companies.

1) Klick on the castle-ikon to the far right in the upper left corner.

2) Type "Brighthaven" in the search field and hit the magnifying glass.

3) Klick on "The Empyrean Order"

4) Klick on "Apply" (Not sure about the exact wording here, but you will find it.)

Then you just have to wait for guild-leader Cheatle to approve it.

My first pen&paper rp was also D&D 2nd ed. Hope to see you in-game and on Mumble soon.  

Edited by Tea

• 2 weeks later...

The forum name I use is basically not pronounceable (wasn't intended to be when I originally came up with it years ago) so feel free to simply call me Asche (pronounced ashy). 

Character Names: Lauter Tun; Grist; Carravienne

Background: Played a number of MMO's including WoW, WAR, SW Galaxies, and SWTOR.  I have rarely been very involved with guilds etc. in prior games and I am hoping to get more involved in this game.  I have not played many Pen and Paper RPG's but do enjoy them. I basically burned out on the prior MMO's due to their lack of player influence on the world at large.  That drew me in to PFO, the fact that players make the settlements, the gear, etc.  SW Galaxies had this and I loved it until they changed the game to a more WoW style of play.

Plans for PFO:

Currently Lauter Tun is a Cleric 7;  Fighter 3;   Miner 8;  Smelter 5;  with ranks in other things I should have passed up.

Grist is a Rogue3 (focused on bows)  Forester 9;  Sawyer 4; with a few ranks in some other gathering classes.

Carravienne is waiting for a purpose.

I am hoping to get involved in a company this time around.  Would like to do some PvE and possibly some PvP in addition to gathering.  Looking forward to the dynamics this game centers around.

Thanks,

Jfasche

Thank you!  I found they fit in the fantasy rpg setting nicely, and (hopefully) put a little smile on the face of other brewers.

Name: Kyrin (IGN), KaoruCK is a handle I use on most of the interwebs 

Background: I've been a gamer since getting an NES at the age of 3 back in 1989. I mostly put my gaming time into RPGs, both video games and P&P format, but sometimes I delve into FPS and strategy games. I love online games for the competition and the camaraderie  that can develop. When I have the time to be active in MMOs, I try to be helpful to lowbies and actively support the mission/goals of whatever guild I am a part of.

Non-gaming background: Quality Engineer now, previously worked in Higher Education in Student Housing/Student Activities. Big fan of organization, working with people, getting things done.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Right now I am not 100% sure, as it will likely depend on how much time I will be able to put in. I'm leaning towards more of a crafter or a PvE role since I tend to get overly hardcore about my gaming when I get too involved in PvP. We'll have to see how things go once my courseload decreases and I get some more support with additional employees at work.

Really hoping I can find an online "family" if you will, like I had in my prior games.

Welcome KaoruCK, glad to have you.  If you like organization, I have a feeling you will fit right in here.  Ask other people for advice on your builds, but I would say you could sink a small amount of xp into combat-oriented skills and feats and the rest in Crafting.  You do not need to be 100% combat to help out in the PvE escalations.  Talk to Shae about PvE, she will be able to get you set up.

• 3 weeks later...

Name - Boe Harknes

Background - Started playing EQ in 1999. Basicly have never found a game to fill that hole in my heart. Vangaurd was the closest to doing that. Most recently I have been playing FFXIV, but even that has dried up on me. I find myself in the themepark black hole of gear up and wait for new content. I have tried Eve online a few times only to get discouraged by the fact that total jerks have safe haven. The biggest issue was I never saw punishment for those people. They had plenty of options around security, but there was never a way for people to police them and make them pay. I have tried Darkfall UW but never felt any connection to it.

Plans for PFO - I want to be part of the movement to stop organized crime. While factions like The Order from Eve are needed for content, the fact that PFO is establishing game mechanics to combat them has sold me on the game. I also love PVE as well and developing territory control.

Warm welcome to you Boe Harkness. :)

I got tired of the constant expansions in other MMOs I've played, where every gear I had worked for turned useless. In a sandbox I think we instead continue to build on existing skill and gear. And from I've heard and read, the game developpers have a very stern view of griefers and play-styles that are destructive on other player's behalf. I think they will steer the game towards amusement for the other players instead, where allignment is a small tool to disecourage and make evil players less powerful.  

And an important piece of advice; most news and most fun are shared over Mumble. Please try to log in (even without a microphone) as that is half the game. PFO is not coming to its right without he social cooperation of your guild.  

Name: Lothario  (Andy by day)

Background: The only online game I have been into was DDO. I played that for about 2 years and really enjoyed grouping up with guildies and doing PVE stuff. I have been playing d&d since the red box back in the early 80's. I'm a member of "North Coast Gamers" based in Cleveland so if anyone from there finds me here please hit me up for some chat.  

Plans in Pathfinder Online:  Just started about 35 days ago. I'm like a 6th level Cleric/4th level rogue. Yep, I wasted a lot of XP buying everything because I don't know what I'm doing yet. I have never been one to read instructions. I usually just fumble through something until I get really interested in a thing then I'll look online for advice. Really looking forward to meeting up with some fellow adventurers and taking down some major bad guys. I don't have a mic but I'm going to try to head over to the mumble room and see what trouble I can find. Thanks for letting me in the group!

Welcome Lothario. :)

My first rp was also D&D (and I started at university in 1987). You will find more friends in TEO that have a tabletop rp background.

And we have several members that join groups in Mumble without a microphone, so far it has worked out just as good in PvE.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Daniela

Background: I played WoW for a lot of years on and off but finally grew bored of it. I tried some other games looking for something more sandbox-y but I didn't stay for long in any of them. I like PFO's approach so I'm trying it and hope to stay. I'm trying to build a cleric aimed at a healing role for PVP and also other activities.

Indeed :yes3: welcome Daniela!

In case you don't know yet,

healers in PfO are played differnt from other game'S healers.

Here, they are armored frontline healers/battleclerics, much like their D&D models.

@all new members: welcome aboard. If guides are helpful to you, make sure to check out the wealth of PfO guides our very own Cheatle wrote. -> you can find them at the top of the page under guides/tutorials>game guides > PAthfinder online: guides

Hello Everyone!

Name: Segv

Background: So many MMOs have come and gone and felt the same in the end - nothing left to do.  Pathfinder Online feels like it will be a living world run by players, constantly changing, something we see very little of in typical MMOs.  I played DAoC for many years because the constant PVP struggle in the frontiers meant there was always something interesting going on, I hope PFO will provide that same feeling. Some people are put off by the complexity in building a character (I know my wife will never play PFO because of it) but I kind of enjoy the challenge.  I think I will mostly stick to a melee and archery combat build, staying away from casting and crafting skills for now.  See you all in game!

Welcome Segv! :)

I also did DAoC (on Nimue as Midgård). I liked the dynamics with three sides, but did'nt like that my Shadowzerg got very limited options after a hard nerf. I hope PFO will be more of a long term perspective.

IMHO half the game enjoyment is found joining Mumble (even without a microphone). PFO is not a single player friendly game and the guild's help via Mumble is vital.

Edited by Tea