News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Introductions

Name: Drakhan Valane, Alantia Nightfall, Ash, etc.

Background: Just been playing D&D since the Gold Box Games on a 386. Started playing tabletop games in High School . . . Has it been 15 years already? I spent way too much on the PFO kickstarter (but still not the biggest Kickstarter funding I've done. . . .), including chipping in on our tavern, but I regret nothing! I sometimes play EVE (usually updating the training queue), I'm getting back into SWTOR because starfighters pew pew, and various other MMOs. I will be joining in on Star Citizen (again, starfighters pew pew). 

Plans for PFO: Inspire our troops bard-wise. When it's available. Until then, militarized Jack-of-all-trades.

Name  Michael (AKA Chantrea Moonfire)

Rank Just your basic TEO member I believe....

Background  I've enjoyed RPGs and strategy type games  since I was a kid in the 80s. First modern MMO was LOTRO in 2007 which I still play from time to time. Have tried most of the others since then...

Plans in PFO: Part of what attracts me to PFO is the fact that it seems built around making communities. The idea of helping to build a small settlement into a strong city in cooperation with others really appeals to me. 

Edited by Chantrea Moonfire

Name  PretosTeshdalte

Rank Peon

Background: Been playing RPGs since the early 80s.  Really got into CRPGs with the Gold Box games on C64. (Yes many of you probably have no idea what I am talking about. :)).  I will be honest, I am not particularly a fan of MMOs as I loathe the punks, script kiddies, griefers, etc.  Have been playing a pnp game of D&D with LoneWolf for a few years now.  We recently switched to PathFinder and he turned me on to PFO.

Plans in PFO:  Probably tailing LoneWolf around.  Will likely be playing as a Paladin or Cleric type.  Not sure yet if I am more interested in a "military" type path or just being around to help those in need.  Will also be very interested in the adventure/exploration aspects.

Name Papaver

Rank Duder grunt

Background: I have little to no actual experience with Pathfinder Itself but have a lot of experience playing MMORPGs and intrigued by the sandbox variety like EvE Online, Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies and the likes of Pathfinder Online, ArcheAge and even Black Desert in the future.

Plans in PFO: Depending on the situation I will ether craft or heal. I also am very much interested in building a Software solution for resource and personal management as I study Business Informatics and am fascinated by the Idea of building a Enterprise Resource Management Software suite for a sandbox game like Pathfinder Online.

Edited by Papaver

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Proxima Sin

Background: Nintendo and tabletop roleplaying as a kid and teen.  I played a Game That Shall Not Be Named for five years going from raid bencher to raid regular and three years as an officer and raid leader.  Ever since I told myself wow it's time to do something different I've been hopping around different games.  A year in EVE (corp officer), Asheron's Call 2, Vindictus, Guild Wars 2.  I'm generally an altaholic that needs one of every class so I can do ALL THE THINGS.

Plans in PO: Due to the classless skill system I won't need multiple characters but I'm still going to dip into the pvp, pve, economic, crafting, and any other nook or cranny of the game world.

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Kazz Signsoul (formally Zazz Squil, I also go by Kazzile in some games)

Background: My gaming history started with the N64, with Perfect Dark, Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time. I started playing RPGs on my gameboy colour, (got all the zelda I could get my hands on). I played alot of board games with my family and cousins growing up, and still play with friends when we can get together. I didn't start PnP games like d&d until my grade 12, and played A LOT in my first few years at university. (no degree yet, changed programs and a city since then). I started with MMOs about the same time, first WoW, then DDO, EVE online, SWtOR, Guild Wars 2. I only ever put dedication into EVE though. Its the community that gets me to keep playing a game more then any thing.

In the table-top I play a cleric most of the time. I had an idea to make a character based Rasputin after listening to maybe too much Boney M. I had SO MUCH fun with that first build and the ones after it. Made a cleric of Oldiamara who pretended to be a Cleric of Pelor, and stole or aided in stealing. (Few ever suspect the cleric of Pelor of such shenanigans). When pathfinder came out it was all about The Lucky Drunk at that point. (The Accidental God, The Drunken Hero! Gods I LOVE this part of the Pathfinder pantheon!! Link to a wiki --> http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Cayden_Cailean  <--
    Plans in Pathfinder Online: I well more then likely focus at least a 3rd (if not more) of every thing I do in PFO on makeing a better brew, so crafting and farming. I'm more of a PvE and small scale PvP guy anyway. I put into the kickstarter to get the Brewmaster reward. I want to make rum (as I love rum, and so do rowdy rascals) and potions both of which I'll make for the Order. I may role-play to an extent but probably not all the time. I want to run or help run an Inn and well spend most of my time there or doing PvE / PvE not far from it. Though I really love dungeons and raids and well take any excuse to do so. Can"t WAIT FOR BETA!

-Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Alexander Damocles

Rank: Guild Master of the Explorer's League (sub guild of TEO)

Background: I grew up in a family that worked in the technology field, so naturally I grew up gaming. All sorts of games, from RPGS to FPS to RTS (Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun still holds a special place in my heart!), and eventually table top RPGs. Ran a 4th edition home game for years, and then got heavily involved in the Pathfinder Society (first game was ran by the state wide organizer at the time, kinda was a good selling point). When Pathfinder Online was announced, I rejoiced since I missed my dear Sandbox MMO Star Wars Galaxies. Once I got interested, I saw a group called The Great Legionaries, which became The Empyrean Order. A group dedicated to honor, integritiy, and keeping the community safe? Sounded perfect, so I jumped in with both feet. When we discussed dividing the guild into sub-guilds for ease of organization, I offered to head up The Explorer's League, our branch focused on exploration, recon, and in general being a part of the wilds. I was the Minister of the Hunt for my guild in Star Wars Galaxies (Any Guild of Descendants from Intrepid around?), responsible for creating in game events and raids, and I enjoyed the role. I was elected to the position, one I hope to do honor to, and am *more* than willing to listen to advice and criticism on how to best manage the League

Plans for PFO: I plan on running two characters, one (Alexander Damocles) as a more beaurocratic role to facilitate running The Explorer's League, and my alternate (Destiny's Twin) will be Ashiel Damocles, his daughter the Intrepid Paladin. Never played a full PvP game before, so I plan on learning the ropes as soon as possible.

I am a member of TEO, but I wasn't active in the forum (last year was quite busy, new home and a new baby) so I'll use this as an opportunity to re-introduce myself haha. 

Name: Soloan

Background: I am a longtime PC Gamer that enjoys most genres, but MMO's seem to always call to me, I've played a large number of them actually starting with EQOA on Playstation 2. Since then I've put time into many others such as WoW, Lotro, Warhammer, Guild Wars 2, FFXI and a little of FFXIV. I'm a casual player and I enjoy simply being able to enjoy all aspects of a game, from PVE, PVP to simply exploring the world.  

Plans in PO: Pathfinder Online appears to be the Sandbox MMO I am looking for so I am eager to dig in and simply enjoy the world. But gameplay wise I plan to focus on combat and defending settlements, hopefully owning a shop at some point.

I am a member of TEO, but I wasn't active in the forum (last year was quite busy, new home and a new baby) so I'll use this as an opportunity to re-introduce myself haha. 

Name: Soloan

Background: I am a longtime PC Gamer that enjoys most genres, but MMO's seem to always call to me, I've played a large number of them actually starting with EQOA on Playstation 2. Since then I've put time into many others such as WoW, Lotro, Warhammer, Guild Wars 2, FFXI and a little of FFXIV. I'm a casual player and I enjoy simply being able to enjoy all aspects of a game, from PVE, PVP to simply exploring the world.  

Plans in PO: Pathfinder Online appears to be the Sandbox MMO I am looking for so I am eager to dig in and simply enjoy the world. But gameplay wise I plan to focus on combat and defending settlements, hopefully owning a shop at some point.

Congrats on the baby!

Name: Kabal

Background: D&D 1º and 2º Edition, Vampire, Magic the Gathering, gaming in all genres and multiplatforms since atari.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Help the community in any way i can. Character wise will make two PvP characters to gank the Bad guys, defend the good aligned ones and adventure in far lands.

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Flexie

Background: I started my MMO experience with Dark Ages of Camelot, but ran out of money and my parents would not pay. Continued on free servers of Ragnarok online and Lineage 2. Once I started making money I got into WoW, Rift, AoC, guild wars 2, etc... I am not a hardcore gamer anymore. But I do enjoy games that offer exploration, challenges and good player interaction. Having a good guild, group, clan is important to me.

I will play a lot of simulation, role playing, and strategy games, especially those within medieval and/or fantasy settings. I am not a big shooter, racer or sport game fan, but I will enjoy a good game of soccer like FIFA'14.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Help the guild, do a lot of roleplaying. Be good, do good, and have fun. Explore the world ... A lot!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Pino  (Pie - Know)

Background: Found the PFO kickstarter late in the game, joined a good sized guild that seemed simpatico, called TEO . Before that, I played a lot of games in the fantasy genre, like EQ, DAOC, WoW and tabletop games . Currently working and going to school for engineering, so I have really not been around, game-wise. I play Wow to stay in touch with a few old friends, (and some RL friends) so I can be found there some nights.

Plans for PFO: Walk the Earth, coming home for wars to scout the enemy for our troops. Looking forward to sieges !

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Aaron AKA Caliphis

Plans for PFO: To get in at the beginning of what I hope will be a kick ass game for years to some. 

I have been playing tabletop for years. I even met my wife at the gaming table. I really like the mechanics of Eve, but space games are not my thing. I like PvE and crafting, and I do hope there is a fair amount of content to keep people like me interested. 

Just in case ;) welcome to our new members look around the forum, maybe play some other gmes with the other chapters till PF-O gets started and most importantly feel at home and have fun.

- if you aren´t new members, what took you so long? :P

;) just kidding

Name: Ultio

Rank: TEO member, application pending for CoTP membership

Background: Started playing games on the SNES, and N64. Played Everquest with my Uncle as a kid, and started MMO's with the Burning Crusades release for WoW. Haven't really played any MMO's since Cata.
    Plans in Pathfinder Online: I will probably have an explorer/raid character and also a crafting character.

Name Comrade Bear on the paizo forums, probably Baern (or something similarly dwarfish) in PFO

Rank TEO Member

Location Brisbane, Australia (GMT+10)

Background Started MMO's with everquest way back in the day and kept with it till about the release of WoW, moved to wow for a while then back and forth between a whole bunch of other MMO's like RIFT, Tera, Warhammer online, SWTOR, EQ2 briefly. Love playing most genres of games, and a bit of pen and paper stuff/boardg ames with friends.

Plans in PFO Probably being a frontline healer with my cleric in the battles against scum and villainy.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this post! Copy and pasting over from my application basically lol.

Name: Kirane

Background: I've played a lot of MMO's beginning with Ultima Online when I was younger. The MMO's that I have the most experience in is Shadowbane and World of Warcraft.

I've played strategy games, though the only ones I've done online was Age of Empires II and Warcraft II... so older once when I was younger.

I've played quite a few FPS games.The ones I've played most are Left 4 Dead 1&2, Team Fortress 2 and an RTS/FPS hybrid called Savage which required quite a bit of team play.

I've played all sorts of games and as a variety of roles in those games. tank, healer, dps or support is fine. I've played in underdog guilds taking on zergs, in zergs squashing smaller guilds, in pvp guilds, in guilds that would rather avoid pvp and as just an rpk'er. In shadowbane specifically I filled all those roles over the couple of years i played it. No guild lasted long in that one. Fun game though.

Plans in PFO: I look forward most to some good, decent and meaningful pvp.

Name: Elric Fontain
    Background

The following I Beta Tested

LotRO, WoW, Guild Wars, and Darkfall

The following I played for 5 months or more

LotRO, Guild Wars, Darkfall, EVE Online, Ever Quest, Battlestar Galatica, Galaxy Online II

I have probably played another dozen MMOs for 2-3 months

I have a lot of experience when it comes to running, help run, or organize large organizations. I helped create and run the Hyperion Alliance in Darkfall, and the S11 alliance in GOII, both having several thousand members. I tend to be a politician, and play characters that are either PvP based, or Support for PvP. 

Plans in PFO: Would like to be part of the Settlement and Kingdom building process, possibly make my way into a mid to higher leadership position. As far as my character, I will most likely play a PvP character, since it seems that is what is needed the most. 

Ranks are mainly Member, Council, or Grand Master at the moment. We have a couple more we had started delving into but have not touched that will probably be revived when the game comes alive. :)

Hello and welcome all!

Yay! Looks like I can finally log in.

Name: Dabole

Background:

I got started playing video games during the NES era with Mario Kart, Dragon Warrior, and Duck Hunt.  The games that kicked off my love of PC gaming were Warlords II and The Settlers. 

My first MMO was beta testing 10 six.  I then went on to play FFXI, WoW, DDO and briefly Warhammer Online and SWTOR.  I had recently played Eve with a group of TEO players, but I had to resign due to no longer being able to find enough time to make the subscription worthwhile. 

I've recently been busy earning my degree so I have not had the time to engross myself in MMOs like I could previously.

Plans in PFO:

I'm hoping to have fun!

I'll probably try my hand in multiple activities to explore what PFO will have to offer.  I'll likely balance my time between economic and martial pursuits.   

Back online finally, but how much, who knows?  The move from Alaska to San Antonio was a killer, and we are still getting settled.  Have not been able to follow any developments in Pathfinder Online, nor the Emperian Order.  As far as any voting; Abstain.  I leave it to the people most in touch with the hobby. 

Cheers,

Mark