News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Introductions

Name: Kaeros

Background: Started gaming on the ol' Commodore 64 and Atari, yes, I'm an 80's baby. Never got the chance to play Pen & Paper until I was an adult alas, but played video games all through school. Got into online gaming with MUSH/MUD games in the mid 90's, hey, they were awesome for text based games! Played EQ1 as my first MMORPG, and since then have played: Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars:TOR, WoW, EQ2, DAoC, Warhammer, DDO, Neverwinter, Eve, Guildwars 2, DC Online, City of Heroes, and dozens of others I don't even recall off of the top of my head at this point. I'm also now an avid tabletop gamer, yes, Pathfinder is one of the games most often played in my home. I'm also a recovering miniature wargamer, and total board game nut.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Do what I can to support what I believe to be a noble cause. I'm a teacher at the high school / adult level, and I see as a matter of routine the damage bullying does. And make no mistake, griefing behavior on games is just a new form of bullying. I won't stand for it, you've said you'll make a stand against it, I'll stand with you. As far as specifics, eh, I don't even know what class I'm likely to play yet! :)

Name: PandorasBox

Background: Been an avid gamer and reader for the entirety of my relatively short life. Sonic the Hedgehog was my thing as a kid, and I can still go Super Sonic in the second zone. Played a bunch of JRPGs but then got bored with the grinding. Started my MMO career on Maplestory when I was too young to realize what an atrocity it was. Played TOR, Guildwars 2, and Eve, but couldn't get all that into them. Started pen and paper RPGs when I started college and have decided to make it a lifelong hobby. As is typical, I always get to DM and I currently have a Pathfinder party of level 15 monstrosities annihilating things 8+ CR above their level. I also love board games as long as it has more depth than Monopoly. I tend to stay with games published outside the US.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: I've always wanted to build a reputation as a crafter in an MMO and it looks like PFO is my shot. I plan to be an expert in all things production and gathering and to make myself and TEO stupid filthy rich.

Hello Roomies!

Name: Archetype

GAMING HISTORY: Late 1970s most pen-and-paper RPGs (D&D all Editions, Star Wars, Rolemaster, MERP, Shadowrun, etc). MMOS: DDO first one in 2006 then LOTRO, SWTOR, Warhammer, GW2, AoC, Neverwinter, ESO, etc.  Many had good features, none were fully satisfying.  LOTRO came the closest for community and crafting (until Turbine 'Rep Gated' nerfed crafting there...booo!), but the gameplay was horrid.  DDO is still the best actual action gameplay I've found in any MMO.  Themepark is dead to me now.  Here's hoping Pathfinder:Online is the ticket for happiness, crafting and some PvP fun!

Really hoping the PvP is balanced and worthwhile.

GOALS for PFO:  crafting, crafting, and eventually to get a fun Druid build going for exploration and wildshaped mayhem.....grrrrrrrrrrr.

Welcome Archetype!

Ahhh, its good to see another "old schooler" who may actually remember the original D&D Red Box!

Welcome everyone!

@Kaeros - both my parents were high school teachers! 

@Pandoras - yes, you and I, we are alike. Let us obtain all the wealth.

@Archetype - I have the same hopes for PFO, fingers crossed!

Very much looking forward to seeing all of my fellow crafters and producers and seeing how we can form a profitable cooperation in game. 

Welcome Archetype!

Ahhh, its good to see another "old schooler" who may actually remember the original D&D Red Box!

I actually remember the blue "Dungeons & Dragons" box set, with the Village of Hommlet and having to rub CRAYONS into my dice to make visible numbers on the plastic (since TSR ran out of real dice and had to send out cheapies. :)   Ah, the memories.

I still have my set of dice from back then, crayon and all (actually I used pencil and marker to fl in the numbers)!

I actually remember the blue "Dungeons & Dragons" box set, with the Village of Hommlet and having to rub CRAYONS into my dice to make visible numbers on the plastic (since TSR ran out of real dice and had to send out cheapies. :)   Ah, the memories.

Did you know that originally they only intended to use the D20s and D6s? However, they got the D20s as sets for geometry things for schools and such. At first, they were just donating the unneeded shapes to local schools, but eventually the schools said they had enough and to stop. So then the company told them to find a use for the other shapes! And thus was born the d4, the d8, the d10, and the d12!

At least this is the story that Dave Arneson (D&D co-creator) told us when I had him as a college instructor.

Come to think of it... that makes a lot of sense as to why you might need to make your own 'pips'!

Edited by Lifedragn
    • Upvote 1

Hello everyone,

I just applied to The Empyrean Order in Pathfinder Online, so I figure I'd better introduce myself.

Name: Azhati

Background: I've been playing online games since Ultima Online, including (but not limited to) Asheron's Call, Star Wars Galaxies, Space: Above and Beyond, EVE Online, World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online, Tabula Rasa, Aion, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Star Trek Online, Rift, The Secret World, T.E.R.A., Elder Scrolls Online, Wildstar, and now Pathfinder Online.

I'm currently actively playing Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar, and will be playing more of The Secret World once I can get my laptop to stop crashing out of the game (or until I can upgrade...whichever comes first).

I stumbled across the guild listing for The Empyrean Order while perusing the Land Rush section of the goblinworks website, and the guild charter immediately caught my eye, as it goes hand in hand with the way I play my characters. While I enjoy PvP from time to time, I've never really excelled at it (being a more casual player due to work and home life commitments). I despise griefing, and given the opportunity will attempt to bring justice to any I find following such a path.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: I'm hoping to be more of an explorer type in Pathfinder Online. I'm the type who will explore every nook and cranny I can get into just to see if I can find something hidden from the eyes of the world at large.

• Upvote 1

Glad to have you aboard! I'm the Guild Master of our Explorer's League, so I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a lot of each other in game! I totally understand that drive to see if you can't find a view or location that no one else ever has. In Star Wars Galaxies, I'd sometimes just sit at some nature locations and just....watch. Enjoy the view, the music.

Welcome, salutations, and good to have another Empyrean!

Glad to have you aboard! I'm the Guild Master of our Explorer's League, so I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing a lot of each other in game! I totally understand that drive to see if you can't find a view or location that no one else ever has. In Star Wars Galaxies, I'd sometimes just sit at some nature locations and just....watch. Enjoy the view, the music.

Thanks!

That's one of the things that drove me to Elder Scrolls Online. Definitely a game for going off the beaten path.

Welcome Zabaoth!  I, too, am an Explorer so perhaps we will be "working" together in game soon! 

That would be excellent! I'm definitely looking forward to building something grand with all of you fine folks gathered here!

Man I miss Galaxies. :( Started that game opening night sitting in the chat room watching people throw fits about the game not working.. RL pulled me away for huge stretches of time, but Bria will always hold a special place in my heart. As will dancing Twi-lek chicks ;)