News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Introductions

• 4 weeks later...

This is a couple days late, didn't see this thread. Ooops. XD

Name: NoxUmbria for the moment, but have decided to change it to Adrian Montigue (will change forum name as soon as possible).

Background: I have been playing video games since I was 8, starting with cRPGs like Baldur's Gate and moving my way into MMORPGs like WoW and EVE Online. Bored with MMOs, I moved on to shooters like CoD and finally, what I am currently playing, the MOBA League of Legends. I've gone to Vanguard thrice now and every single time the crafting system takes my heart away. I have also played casually custom-made D&D tabletop games.

Plans in Pathfinder Online: Was thinking about going a Ranger/Druid scout that focused on collecting information about local escalations and resources, along with information about other settlement abroad; I will mold myself along that base line as the game develops.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Tea

Background: I started gaming on the Vic 20 and Commodore 64 and never turned back. Loved the titles; Space Hulk, Battlemech, Master of Orion 1 and 2, Civ 1 and 5 etc etc.  :gamer1: 

At university I discovered pen & paper roleplaying games and met friends that I 25 years later still meet and play with. Presently I only co-GM/play one campaign, a D&D 4th ed in Forgotten Realms that has been running for 6 years, approximately every other week.

MMOs: Ultima Online, Asherons Call, Dark Age of Camelot, Anarchy Online, WOW (intensely for 2 years), Star Trek Online, Star Wars the Old Republic and Elder Scrolls.

I've been a member in a Swedish gaming association for 9 years but it seems they are not going to play Pathfinder Online. (They also require members to have a voicecom, Teamspeak.)

Plans in PFO: try out a long term Sandbox. I regret not jumping onto EVE early and I hope PFO will give a similar community experience with the addition of a D&D-roleplaying environment.

Why do I want to join?

1) You seem to have many players in Pathfinder Online. In MMOs it's IMHO important to be enough players to form a good guild/community.

2) Being a Swede I always though keeping my word was important. Even the old Norse judged a man from how well he kept his word/promises and when I saw "honor your word" last in the second bullet point at Paizo.com I got good feelings. :good2: 

3) An online game is much more fun if you play with long term aquantancies that may develop into friends.

For me a cup of tea is mandatory when I play games; both computer games and roleplaying games with friends (the latter of course together with tons of snack :popcorm1: ). Several "Tea" have run around in games...

/Tea

• Upvote 1

Thanks for accepting me Darkfalcon. :)

My favourite tea is also an Earl Gray. It's the Earl Gray Polish Blend no 20 from Kusmi tea. I found that the French actually have better quality tea than the English, strange as it may sound... 

EDIT: When switching to Chrome I could paste a link http://en.kusmitea.com/our-teas/russian-tea/earl-grey-polish-blend-n-18.html?q=polish

Edited by Tea

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Kero

Rank: none so far, I applied for CotP membership maybe an hour ago

Background: Virtually none in online gaming. I have been playing table-top Pathfinder, and DND before that, for quite some time up until about last year, when our local group disbanded. A former colleague of mine and member of this TT group got me interested in the game, and has kindly supplied me with an invitation to test out the Alpha version. I have been silently following the development and am starting to get fairly excited about the game. As TEO has been one of the most active groups involved in PFO so far, and I'm mostly interested in coordinated group play, I've decided to apply with you. In real life, I am male, in my mid-30s, and live on the western edge of Germany. I often have highly irregular work hours (working as an MD at a local hospital), so I cannot always be online, but will try to be available at least on a somewhat regular basis.

Plans for PFO: none specific yet, other than thoroughly enjoy myself. In TT I would usually tend to be a support character, often a Cleric, but for PFO I haven't really made up my mind, yet. I'm also interested in the crafting aspect of the game, so I would like to play a part in any concerted effort with gathering, refining and crafting. However, I don't intend to spend my entire time safely tucked away in a town somewhere, I'd also love to go out and beat up some monsters :). I have absolutely no experience with PvP whatsoever, but would really be interested in trying that at least occasionally. At least if I had sufficient backup...

That's it for now (oh, I do like Earl Greay tea, btw :) ).

I'm looking forward to meeting you all!

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Khellrendros

Background: SWTOR and some LOL. TT gaming for about 25 years now. Got in on both kickstarters. Otherwise just looking to have some fun.

PFO: Liking it ok right now. First character name Torthal Steelfist. 

Happy to be aboard.

Name: Chance Wyvernspur

Rank: Applicant (The application instructions said to introduce myself.)

Background: I'm 49 years old. I've played table-top wargames and RPGs since around 1978 and computer games of since around 1981. My first MMO was EverQuest. I'm not sure I can list all the games I've played. For the past several years I've been kind of burnt out on MMOs and have been playing World of Tanks and most recently Minecraft on a private server with some friends. Minecraft got me into sandboxes, and PFO promises to have some sandbox elements, so I became curious enough to try it. One of the MMOs I did like very much was the "Monster Play" part of LotRO. That part of the game is entirely PvP. This too is likely to interest me in PFO.

PFO Plans: Within TEO, I'm attracted to the Explorer's League. The character I envision playing is a Ranger, but since PFO doesn't currently offer that role, I'd work on Fighter and Rogue, perhaps with a touch of Cleric. I'm curious to see how settlements pan out in PFO.

Name:  Alpha Rory 

Plans:  Try out as many features of the game as I can.

I have made it to Britehaven but the POE is a little too rough in that neighborhood for a single new character.

Name:  Gopsje

Background : A couple of years ago I switched my gaming interests. I used to be into all sorts of games (kinda had to) and found my new home in Sanbox MMO's. Followed several MMO's that just kept shifting from their focusses and never gave a clear sight of what to expect. So I've been searching mostly. My next adventure is going to be Pathfinder.

So far (from what I've seen and played) I've seen to have found a great home which can bring me more than a couple of months of entertainment. And there is one thing you must do with fun/great things.... share them.... so I thought it would be a great idea to find some likeminded people and jump into the adventures togehter.

Plans:  I've always loved exploration and finding secrets/solving puzzles etc. Still need to make a choice character wise what would suit me best. But hopefully I still have enough time before EE starts to make those choices....