News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Do you plan on playing ESO <POLL>

Eendiwena

ESO member interest (PC)  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be playing Elder Scrolls Online and When (PC)

• Yes, I will be playing from launch or early access (public launch is April 4th)
      • Yes, but not until after launch
      • No i am waiting for Xbox or Playstation version
      • No, i have lost interest or never planned on playing it

• Replies 57
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pre-ordered, but I've got a commitment to WildStar, so it'll probably be an alternate game for me to play on "off hours" once WildStar launches. Not sure if I'll keep a sub up, but I couldn't pass up on the pre-order benefits. Thinking about it as insurance, in case the game goes F2P at some point. ;)

Edited by MadBlue

I can understand that, but it is about where most games are in beta relative to launch.  I've tested a lot of games and the thing that scared me was the amount of small stuff that was broken and in turn holding up progress.  But the speed in which they have made the required changes is impressive. 

If you're an ESO fanboy like i am though, i would suggest giving it a look a couple weeks after launch, that will tell you more then the current state of beta.  Only then will all the content and if they pulled it off or not.

They have a looooong way to go before i would consider buying after what i have seen this weekend in the beta. Constantly having to do /reloadui, and thats after much searching on the problem, is something that should have been fixed in alpha. Also the 30 minute wait just to zone into a particular area with no warning or a queue so you know that it is full rather than a hang up. Way to many problems to say yes i'm gonna play this for me.

• CotP Sentinel

They have a looooong way to go before i would consider buying after what i have seen this weekend in the beta. Constantly having to do /reloadui, and thats after much searching on the problem, is something that should have been fixed in alpha. Also the 30 minute wait just to zone into a particular area with no warning or a queue so you know that it is full rather than a hang up. Way to many problems to say yes i'm gonna play this for me.

Sorry to hear you had those issues, but I had non of those things happen in the last 6 hrs of gameplay. But you are correct, the game has flaws, and some of them had me on the fence, but a large portion of them have been corrected in last few betas, I think they are working hard to improve it.

After playing in and enjoying the last beta I am on the fence.  It costs A LOT in my opinion and doesn't feel good enough to warrant that cost.  I did have the most fun since RIFT beta though...  I will probably wait till they lower or drop the initial price.

After this beta, from what I saw, and experienced in my 17 levels... There is a lot there.

The dungeons, areas, and PvP content do seem to be detailed and well done.

See if you can catch a sale, but if you know you are going to like the game it does seem to be worth the money.

IF you are on the fence as to whether this game is for you, then You might want to read up on beta reviews and look up videos.

Waiting til after launch is perfectly good too.

I am not sure if the base game will go down in price, but the cheaper preorder game is priced at 59.99 dollars, which is still the normal going rate for new games in general, be it computer of console.  That being said, it still comes down to if you have the money and what your gaming budget for this year is, there maybe some other title you're waiting for.  But i agree with Liquid, if you're undecided read up on it and watch some vids.  If you're playing beta, keep in mind it's beta.  Things are held back, restricted and simply not available.  This doesn't mean it's broken, it just might rely on another system in the game that's unavailable to you.  To that end, keep reporting anything broken, suggestions, and take the time to complete the survey they send out.   Be honest, but be contructive about it too because even if you decided not to buy and play this game, there are other members that are and we owe it to them to help contribute to a sound world to emerge their spare time in.