News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Congrats to Xard for his entry into the TNGS competition

So, I bet you had no idea Xard submitted an entry which is currently competing for the 3rd place vote?

Well, you see, there's a little story behind that.

Xard has this buddy who was chatting with Alex of Team 3Dingo, after having chatted with Xard about a cool Phoenix logo in the 3Dingo ship. Xard mentioned he'd noticed it, and how it was a generic google search logo. So this buddy of Xard's, let's just call him Jaek, asked Alex if hey be interested in a custom logo for their ship.

He showed some interest, so Jaek asked Xard, who pulled out a leftover design from when he made the new CotP design. Alex had some feedback, which was returned to Xard, with a little bit of understandable hurt feelings on Xard's part. Alas, Xard put away this angst and provided an alternative design more in line with that which 3Dingo mentioned being interested in.

Forward a couple of weeks, where Jaek had heard nothing back about if Alex had liked the new design, so had nothing to tell Xard as far as feedback. Well, this evening, whilst viewing the videos for the 3rd place vote, Jaek noticed Xard's design in the floor of the 3Dingo Phoenix. So, be extension, in a round about manor, Xard is part of the TNGS competition!

Congrats Xard, the logo looks quite nice there.

here's the video, you'll notice the logo around 3:28 and shortly after

http://youtu.be/1OiZo1pbSgA

Voted for it aswell

EDIT: BTW Where is everyone? Mumble is soo empty in Star Citizen Chapter..... :(

Awesome Xard:

fJbba8U.png

Edited by JungleNor

Voted for it aswell

EDIT: BTW Where is everyone? Mumble is soo empty in Star Citizen Chapter..... :(

Awesome Xard:

fJbba8U.png

I did also:

nnSst.jpg

Time to update our hangar (again), this time with the 2 finalists of TNGS to better appreciate them? Sadly there's no 3Dingo there but who knows, maybe it'll be saved or even put in anyway !

I love the thought that when into IXM's interior, and 3Dingo's is the most aggressive looking of all the ships to me.

4Horsemen was incredible, the guy Paul better not have left the show Saturday without a job offer. That guy has mad skillz.  Amazing how much 4H got into the engine. I would say that is what really killed many other teams, lack of ability to get beyond concept in a timely fashion. In the end, I think they deserved to win, while not being the one most would want to buy, I do think most people realized theirs was the most complete implementation. Will be interesting to see what happens to it as it gets ready to be functional in-game.

I think the top6 ships could be in the game. Cryo's was making good progress and had unique flexibility, Tri-Tri's looked daunting, Talon's had some very interesting technical parts to go with a beautiful design, IXM's ship was good from day one. And even Skyguards ship looked really nice. Some of those designs should probably be turned into smaller or larger vessels, or other roles, like Skyguard might make a nice luxury space yacht type.