News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Arena Commander First Impressions

Wow...real time rendering of space!

But I can't aim worth anything.  I suspect it's not my human interface, because I tried mouse and it wasn't really any better.

The arena seems a bit small -- I get the proximity to edge warning a lot.  Or perhaps I'm so bad at flying that when I try to move away from the boundary, I really don't.

For all that it's drudgery, I suspect I'll need to spend a few hours in free-flight mode getting decent at flying.  But that still won't help with aiming.

Load-outs seem a bit the same across multiple ships.  And I couldn't get the main gun on the 300i to fire, just the wing-tip cannons.  Secondary and Tertiary fire buttons don't seem to do anything.

After playing (no guarantee this is the cause, but it's suspect), I was getting miserable FPS in Rift until I rebooted.  I had the same issue with ESO.  I think it may be leaving the display drivers in a less than pristine state (no shock there).

How about everyone else?  How is flying?  Aiming?  What kinds of success are you having with Vanduul Swarm (I lasted about 7 minutes of failing to dodge bullets before I got blown up).

You're not missing much if you can't fire the nose gun on the 300i (I have great fun trying to be a sharpshooter with those slow but packing a punch wing cannons).

Since I missed the manual link I tried not to waste missiles (not knowing when you'll be repaired or reloaded is kind of fun) but I didn't have that much issues getting to 3 of the named vandduls (Little King, Bloodhound and The Priest). Playing with a 360 controller isn't as bad as I thought I'd be.

I'm using a 360 controller, too, and overall it's very good.  I just find the sensitivity way too high for manageable aiming.

X360 controller and Mouse / keyboard so far. I like keyboard and mouse so far because of accurucy

Gonna Learn to fly now. Trying to pull of a fancy manuver, but ending alot of with just craching in to a station or astroide... Even trying to draw the manuver before pulling it off.

EDIT: doing joystick as well, I want a HOTAS, just because i want to test....

Edited by JungleNor

my thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X doesn't work yet, so stuck with kb/m only :(

how to I get a 360 controller to work on my pc, I might like to try that.

OORT,

to target, put the cursor on the enemy and only fire when the reticule becomes a green DIAMOND. that means the guns are properly tracking the target.

To fire all guns on 300i and Hornet, you have to use both mouse buttons. For a 360 controller, no idea.

For me, missiles never reload, so typical first Alpha bugginess

how to I get a 360 controller to work on my pc, I might like to try that.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153118&cm_re=razer_sabertooth-_-26-153-118-_-Product

I'll take another look at targeting next time I can log in.  Currently unable to -- error on attempt.