News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • grafix card.... any recommendation?

Somehow Arena Commander seems ... laggy... to me.

I wonder if this is due to my graphics card... I got an ATI Radeon 5800 right now.

do you think I should replace that, or should I check e.g. my processor (AMD Phenom II X6 1100T) first?

thanks for any expert hints in advance ;)

well the 5800 is a bit old yes?  And which 5800? Mine is a 6970 and I seem to need to run in medium to get 30 fps.

Also, I'd always go graphics over cpu for something like AC, since the GPU is pulling a lot more load.

Yes, Graphics first.  I'm running a 770 Classified with 4gig of memory and it runs smooth as silk on max settings.  I would think even the normal 770's with 2 or 3 gig would run fine and ANYTHING above that.  

I believe the company is working directly with AMD to ensure that everyone's PCs choke when the final game is released.

I recall a few of their interviews and q/a sessions where they stated that trying to build a new computer now for the game would still not get you the best performance. That you would be better off building a new computer the next release cycle after the game comes out.

Not saying you shouldn't get a new rig... but just warning that when the game releases your new rig will likely have problems.

Because the developers want to give your computer a cramp.

LW, that is actually exactly how WC I-IV were. They were designed in such a way it took the 'next' CPU release to truly run them properly. Crazy stuff.

I suspect I'll need a small GPU upgrade this year, then a full rebuild about release. funds available of course