News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Finally, mining evolved Star Citizen style: RSI Orion, Null-Cargo-Mass 5.400 tons

Hi there gents,

another record-breaker: The RSI Orion mining ship is finally here! And, as expected, the tech specs are delicious:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14518-Rugged-Colossus-Orion-Mining-Platform

Instead of just 900 SCU for Ore, it now has 16.288 SCU for Ore, plus another 600 SCU cargo capacity. It is 170m long, and weighs (according to the new mass calculator method) 5.4 Million kg.

It is 12 m longer than the Reclaimer, and until the new method of calculating Null-Cargo-Mass is applied to all other Capitals, by far the heaviest! :girl_smile:

The Orion now has TR6 engines, but no Class 9 hardpoints and just 2 Size 1 ATA turrets, so her defenses are barely worth registering :banned:, especially when compared to the Reclaimer with 4 Class 9 HPs and 2x Size 5 ATA turrets. So far, mining ops will need to consist of explorers, miners with figher support, and transports if the onboard cargo keeps overflowing.

But the Orion has an onboard refinery and mining/repair drone support, just like the Reclaimer with onboard scrapyard and salvage/repair drones. So, mining and salvage ops in lonely deep space, here we come.

And, for the first time and all EU users, Vat applies! Now that is a feature I could do without :cray2:.

Wish I could afford one. Alas.....

I want one. i just dont have 400$ for it and thats why i want to trade my phoenix conny :(

Really? You have a Idris on your ship list and THIS you cannot afford?

I wish I had as much as you have spent lying around!

Edited by Lazurkri

I have been waiting patiently for this. One year to the day since I bought my Connie an Orion has been added to my dock.

Someone has a fair amount of disposable income I see...

Wish I could afford one. Alas.....

Really? You have a Idris on your ship list and THIS you cannot afford?

I wish I had as much as you have spent lying around!

I toke a laon in the back to pay the Idris, and I have normaly no money. I live on ramen and vitamins, and sometimes vegetables.

I have a Full time Job, but i don't get enough money, to out the loan og the Apartment and Car i have, It took me also over 3 month  to get enough to repair my Pc last time.