CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY
By Elric

Wolcen: Major Content Patch

If you haven't already heard, Wolcen just dropped a huge 1GB content patch yesterday (6/24/2019). They added a lot of good stuff, and they are really moving along in the development path.  If you haven't heard of "Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem" before, it is an Action RPG similar to Diablo III that is being developed for Steam by Wolcen Studios.  On a side note, it is on sale this week for 20% off!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/424370/Wolcen_Lords_of_Mayhem/

Read more...
By Throne

ATLAS: Present and Future

We have been at it since day one, that ugly and...well, let's just stick with ugly...launch. Even through the lag muck and server instability, you could read the stars and see the potential.  Right off the bat it was only for the tough, and we barreled through the glitchy log-ins, the shaky starter zones and the wretched "lawless" starting areas and found our way to the rafts.  Some were able to get to our island after 3-4 hours of learning how to tack, zig zag and fight through server borders and with a full stack of human hides, and then some were finally rescued after what seemed like days of being eaten alive by scorpions and crocodiles, only to quickly get used to dying to the cold, the wolves, the alpha horses, the water, the sharks and each other's general noob mistakes.
Yes, with the known developer, we did try to ARK it, or Dark and Light it...hell, we've even tried to Life is Feudal this one....and Atlas is just NOT those games.  Some visuals and sounds are there, but the depth and options and functionality is just SO much more.  What really took the game from just another ARK expansion to, the potential mmo of the decade, was getting out on our first schooner, the SS Skjoldr (video below).  The experience was entirely PvE, but when you have 13 people packed on to a single vessel and the guys repairing the ship are as vital as the helmsman steering and the deckhands manning the sails, it became something I haven't seen in a game since our friday night flights on the Decimator back in SWG.
We have had just a blast learning the game and surviving our island and our neighbors over the past couple weeks.  Though it may appear as if we are well off enough, growing from 30 actives day one, to more than double that now, we absolutely could use more folks interested in living the Atlas life.  Whether you are interested in navigating the high seas, captaining a brigand, farming the tundra, mucking through politics, taming elephants or exploring the massive (30-40 hours of sailing from one end to the other) world, it is all here and we have many members willing to help you get started.
Here is a few screencaps and videos to give you an idea of what we have been up to:

Read more...
By Throne

Xalt defeats Elric for 2018 Fantasy Football Crown

Xalt's Zappers smirk at expectations, knock off Elric's Arksters in 171.07-127.47 rout

Both teams exceeded their projected point totals, but it was Xalt's Zappers who got the victory, cruising to a 171.07-127.47 win over Elric's Arksters. Elric's Arksters earned a 3.86-point lead on Saturday behind Joey Bosa (2.18 points) and Mike Williams (1.68), but Xalt's Zappers held the lead the rest of the way. They were led by Matt Ryan (25.46 points) and Damien Williams (22.53). Ben Roethlisberger (42.22 points) and T.Y. Hilton (19.4) led the charge for Elric's Arksters in the loss. This marks the second time this season Xalt's Zappers have beaten Elric's Arksters, after winning 118.28-117.7 in their last matchup. Xalt's Zappers end the season at 12-4, while Elric's Arksters finish the campaign at 9-7.

Matchup Highlights

Sunday Early    There were players with standout moments on both teams early Sunday, after which Xalt's Zappers owned a 125.41-53.13 lead. Matt Ryan had a 75-yard touchdown pass and a 44-yard touchdown pass for Xalt's Zappers, while David Njoku had a 66-yard catch. T.Y. Hilton made the highlight reel for Elric's Arksters with a 55-yard catch.

Sunday Late    Both teams had players with big-time moments on Sunday afternoon, but it was Xalt's Zappers who took the lead, 148.54-96.80. For Xalt's Zappers, Robert Woods had a 39-yard touchdown catch. Ben Roethlisberger made the highlight reel for Elric's Arksters with a 20-yard touchdown pass and a 49-yard pass.

Sunday Night    Harrison Butker had a 54-yard field goal for Elric's Arksters, who trailed 171.07-118.27 after Sunday Night Football.
Read more...
News Ticker
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
  • Enjoy your summer everyone!
Ztuke

Founder's Event 2015 Chapter Voting

Founder’s Event 2015

Starting 26th March to 5th April

Event Forums

I would like to welcome you all to this year’s Founder’s event.

This year, you will see a number of changes in the way the event has been organized compared to previous years, one of these changes are this post you are now reading which is located within your Chapter forums.  With your kind indulgence, I will attempt to explain a little about the changes and just what exactly is Founder’s Week.

The Changes

The Changes are a result of feedback from the past year’s event and an attempt to reach out to more of our membership and encourage them to join us in the small range of activities we will be offering. While these posts are limited to the principle Chapters of the community they are not intended to alienate anyone or any Chapter out of Founder’s Week. If you are a member, officer or Leader of one of the smaller, more casual Chapters then please feel free to copy and paste this post into your own Chapter forums, amending where necessary for the sake of clarity.

This year we are introducing local Chapter and Community wide voting. You have the local (Chapter) voting to find who you think of as the best within your Chapter This voting will happen in your chapter's forums prior to Founders Week. Then, during Founder’s Week in the Founder's Week forums there will be topics to vote upon for the entire community to participate in, some original to the guild wide community, some from the chapters voting.  Basically what we will do is take the names of the winners from the local votes in each of the chapters and setup a series of polls reflecting some but not all of the local voting topics. This poll will be a simple click to select a player name from among a pre-selected list, the list you have all voted on locally. In this way we hope to honor those who have been recognized by their own Chapter’s membership and to nominate one of you as an example of the sterling ladies and fellows that populate our community as a whole.

Founder’s Week event

The online community known as Covenant of the Phoenix has existed for some time, I will not go into our history here, it will be covered in the Event Forums, but I will just say though that since March 29, 2007 we have selected a period of a few days to a week or more around this date to celebrate our founding, honor those who built this community and recognize the many varied members that make this community what it is today. March 29 is important because, while we have lost the exact date on which the community started as a single game guild, we know this date for certain as the date on which our current Guild Charter was enacted and published.

I will just end this section by saying that we strive to provide some mini-games, competitions and quizzes as well as discussion topics for our member ship to indulge and participate in over the event.

This Post

You have probably noticed already, the poll attached to this post, indeed you may have already answered some or all of its questions, I thank you for doing so if that is the case, but you will also find a simple questionnaire form below. All I request is that you simply highlight it, copy it and then paste into the reply box at the bottom of this page and fill in whichever questions you wish to answer.

I thank you for your time in reading this and for you participation in this event.

(Paladin) Ztuke (Lead Organizer)

Founder’s Week Questionnaire:

Remember, all you need do is highlight the list of questions below, copy it into the reply box at the bottom of the page and fill in those answers you wish to give. If the question does not apply or you have no answer, then please feel free to leave it blank.

Section 1:

Q1. Crafter of the Year

A1.

Q2. DPS (All TYPES) of the Year

A2.

Q3. Healer of the Year

A3.

Q4. Tank/(Defense) of the Year

A4.

Section 2:

Q5. Best Chapter run Event of the Year

A5.

Q6. Recruiter of the Year

A6.

Q7. Most Helpful Member of the Year

A7.

Q8. Officer (of YOUR Chapter) of the Year

A8.

Q9. Rookie of the Year 2014-2015 (new member)

A9.

Q10. PvP Player of the Year

A10.

Q11. Player of the Year in YOUR Chapter

A11.

Q12. Strategic Planner of the Year (Guild wide events, raid planner, social organizer etc)

A12.

Section 3:

Q13. Photographer (in-game) of the Year

A13.

Q14. Videographer of the Year

A14.

Everyone who is part of the EVE chapter and wants to take part fills in what they want or who they want to vote for, this is for local (Chapter specific) votes.

Just highlight the questions, post it into reply and fill in in those you want to answer.

Can you clarify what the question above are for?  I am confused because it talks above about chapter level voting in the chapter forums, but it also has a list of questions and says to reply here.  Should we be doing a separate vote with the questions above for our Chapter in our forums?  If so, what then is the reply used for in this box?

Thanks!

You have the local (Chapter) voting to find who you think of as the best within your Chapter This voting will happen in your chapter's forums prior to Founders Week. 

Due to real life issues, some of this is work that is being pushed out on the fly without the usual preparation time (1 month to six weeks).

This is my intention.

In the past we ran a range of voting topics under the name of the Phoenix Awards, these awards were to identify those that YOU the membership think of as the best in fulfilling the role of the various topics as you understand them. HOWEVER, since in the past, these votes were performed in an open forum environment, it could quickly be determined who the popular votes were AND who was the DOMINANT Chapter (not always the largest). The biggest complaint with this system was that the largest of larger Chapters could organise and walk off with the bulk of the awards (titles) and therefore removed a lot of the fun aspect from the idea.

Now the concept is, that we the COMMUNITY (as opposed to the Chapter Leadership) want to see as many of our members as possible taking part but many members just took one look at the forums in the past, saw the way the voting was going and just did not bother, later on saying it was pointless since the largest chapter was always going to win. (Mostly true alas, but not always)

SO, this year, I have split the voting into two parts. This is the new concept which I had started to work on and approach members of the community for their input but then real life stepped in. Okay two sets of votes. The first set or tier takes part here in the individual chapter. It is here that you are voting among yourselves for who you think best or want to see winning that subject. Now the questions are somewhat generic and open to interpretation, YOUR interpretation, not mine. If you think the question has not bearing on the game you play then you can just ignore it. The questionnaire was designed to be generic, which is why I asked for people to just copy and paste it into their reply and answer only those questions they felt pertinent.

The second tier of voting comes later, after the local chapter voting shuts down. What I was going to do, just for fun was create a poll (a fixed list of names) based upon the winners for various categories and let the whole community choose between those names rather then let indiviual members prpose a name.

The idea is that each Chapter has its set of winners and heroes, while the community gets to pick a winner for a community award. The down side is that once again the community vote can be dominated by sheer numbers, however I off set that against the fact that each chapter gets a list of who THEY think is best based upon majority vote of those in that chapter.

The additional thing is, if there was one of the smaller chapters who are less active that wanted to take part, then the original post can be copied and pasted in total into that sub-chapters forum space and all the need do is send a message to me letting me know so that I can monitor it.

My intention is that the per chapter voting is serious, the community voting on the same categories is for fun.

I have to admit, that if the community voting is too dominated I may in the furture propose running the majority of the categories on a per chapter basis.

In short, I am trying to make the Phoenix Award votes mean something again to you the membership, to reflect your opinions of who is best at each category for your GAME!

Sorry for the all of text, I am hopeless at explaining my crackpot ideas.

-Ztuke

P.S. If you really want to know how short notice much of this is being put together, then I will admit openly here, that I am essentially going rogue and have explained or communed with Senior Leadership over much of this. I am actually quite afraid of what they will think and do to me over this years's Founder's Event, because this is quite an important date for our Senior members and in the history of the Community.

Just a friendly reminder, Voting ends on the 25th :)

Chapter voting is now over. Please check the Founders week forums for the results :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.