News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • The Highway to Hell project

Eendiwena

If anyone is interested in helping dig the Highway to Hell you simple have to continue my 3 block straight west direction it's currently going.  The stopping point will be the east bank of the biome west of the city's biome.  From there i will cut in the path starting south to Bakath's Biome and we'll finish it up with a path up into the city and a reinforced bunker in the center of the city.

Any stone collected from the dig needs put into the stone supply crate outside the entrance to the highway.

Phase 1:  Digging the tunnel from it's current start point to the next biome east of the city and exiting out on the west side of the two ponds in that biome.  Completed

Phase 2:  Clearing a descent size room in the tunnel under the center of the city.  Being that the highway is currently closer to the north there will most likely need to be a second staging room cut in just south of the highway.  Completed, the staging area was cut in one city block south of the the highway so it would be dead center.  Room just needs stocked with chests, fires and such.

Phase 3:  Starting the paths north and south reaching the rivers bank opposite of the city in the biomes that members bases are on.

The path to the south is cut and amazingly came out into the end of a cave that exits right by the north side of Bakath's base tower.  North path is the only one left started and unfinished.

Final Stage:  Cut the routes upto the city and build bunkers.  The shafts will come up through the roads to help provide a solid base and speed construction of the bunkers.  This stage will require several members help to hold back the hordes.  The plan is to quietly build as much as possible without detection, but with the feral in the city that is going to be tricky.   Thanks to all the members that got stir crazy and helped speed construct the bunker in the middle of the city.  Inside of 7 in game hours the base was constructed, defeneded and stocked.  The speed ramps were added to help members comes in quicker and everyone gave great input to help make it a solid construction. 

Edited by Eendiwena

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to place some chest in the highway along the way. I imagine that you will gather stone quickly and it would be a bear to have to hike all the way back just to dump off.

I plan to have chests at the bottom of the entrance, at the city access point and the ends to the south and west for the purpses of quick stashes that can be trasported later.  Naturally there will be quite a bit more at the base of the city access with a large staging room.  I forgot to mention that after the other routes are done i'd like to run a tunnel north for the folks with homes up there.

• Administrators

A tunnel to the North would be nice. It would also be a long super highway.

From the information i have involving the damage report today involving the highway i will be rerouting and reworking the begining of the highway tonight. The rest of the work can proceed as scheduled.

Alliee and I added a "turnpike" from the highway to one of the western bases.  Just saw this post with the various Phases of the project.  Let her or I know what we can help with and I pretty sure, if we aren't already working on something, we would be happy to help. 

The paths north and south are started but need dug out until they cross the rivers on the other side.  From there we'll need to tie the south into Bakaths base either directly or indirectly, his call, and then tie the north intoa base there, i think ginjer and manny had a cave there, or build one.

Updated the project status.

Only the north path is left to complete, the rest of the highway is complete and in working order.  Zenwidjet connected the western end to the "third" base we made over there.  From it's current standing anyone that wants to help can either work on the north path to get it to the next biome north or make any paths they want off of the highway itself.