CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY
By Damis

War Thunder - Free to Play

War Thunder is a free-to-play vehicular combat multiplayer video game developed and published by Gaijin Entertainment in cross platform format for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Shield Android TV.
In War Thunder, aircraft, attack helicopters, ground forces and naval ships collaborate in realistic competitive battles. You can choose from over 1,000 vehicles and an extensive variety of combat situations many of which are exclusive. You can find yourself blasting your pursuers from a bomber turret, defending your teammates on the ground from an air raid with anti-aircraft guns, shooting down enemy planes with a firestorm from multiple rocket launchers, or trying to sink an enemy warship with a torpedo from a fast attack boat.
Features include:
Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac, PlayStation®4 with Xbox One users being included in PC battles – everyone on the same server. Over 1,000 highly detailed aircraft, helicopters, tanks, warships and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources. 80 maps representing the main historical battle theaters.  Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions at various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.  Rich PvE content including dynamic historical campaigns and solo missions.  Regular content updates including new vehicles, maps, missions and nations.  Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.  Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System! Free to Play Download
https://store.steampowered.com/app/236390/War_Thunder/  
Read more...
By Elric

Wolcen: Major Content Patch

If you haven't already heard, Wolcen just dropped a huge 1GB content patch yesterday (6/24/2019). They added a lot of good stuff, and they are really moving along in the development path.  If you haven't heard of "Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem" before, it is an Action RPG similar to Diablo III that is being developed for Steam by Wolcen Studios.  On a side note, it is on sale this week for 20% off!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/424370/Wolcen_Lords_of_Mayhem/

Read more...
By Throne

ATLAS: Present and Future

We have been at it since day one, that ugly and...well, let's just stick with ugly...launch. Even through the lag muck and server instability, you could read the stars and see the potential.  Right off the bat it was only for the tough, and we barreled through the glitchy log-ins, the shaky starter zones and the wretched "lawless" starting areas and found our way to the rafts.  Some were able to get to our island after 3-4 hours of learning how to tack, zig zag and fight through server borders and with a full stack of human hides, and then some were finally rescued after what seemed like days of being eaten alive by scorpions and crocodiles, only to quickly get used to dying to the cold, the wolves, the alpha horses, the water, the sharks and each other's general noob mistakes.
Yes, with the known developer, we did try to ARK it, or Dark and Light it...hell, we've even tried to Life is Feudal this one....and Atlas is just NOT those games.  Some visuals and sounds are there, but the depth and options and functionality is just SO much more.  What really took the game from just another ARK expansion to, the potential mmo of the decade, was getting out on our first schooner, the SS Skjoldr (video below).  The experience was entirely PvE, but when you have 13 people packed on to a single vessel and the guys repairing the ship are as vital as the helmsman steering and the deckhands manning the sails, it became something I haven't seen in a game since our friday night flights on the Decimator back in SWG.
We have had just a blast learning the game and surviving our island and our neighbors over the past couple weeks.  Though it may appear as if we are well off enough, growing from 30 actives day one, to more than double that now, we absolutely could use more folks interested in living the Atlas life.  Whether you are interested in navigating the high seas, captaining a brigand, farming the tundra, mucking through politics, taming elephants or exploring the massive (30-40 hours of sailing from one end to the other) world, it is all here and we have many members willing to help you get started.
Here is a few screencaps and videos to give you an idea of what we have been up to:

Read more...
News Ticker
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
  • Enjoy your summer everyone!
Sign in to follow this  
Sign in to follow this  
Eendiwena

The Highway to Hell project

If anyone is interested in helping dig the Highway to Hell you simple have to continue my 3 block straight west direction it's currently going.  The stopping point will be the east bank of the biome west of the city's biome.  From there i will cut in the path starting south to Bakath's Biome and we'll finish it up with a path up into the city and a reinforced bunker in the center of the city.

Any stone collected from the dig needs put into the stone supply crate outside the entrance to the highway.

Phase 1:  Digging the tunnel from it's current start point to the next biome east of the city and exiting out on the west side of the two ponds in that biome.  Completed

Phase 2:  Clearing a descent size room in the tunnel under the center of the city.  Being that the highway is currently closer to the north there will most likely need to be a second staging room cut in just south of the highway.  Completed, the staging area was cut in one city block south of the the highway so it would be dead center.  Room just needs stocked with chests, fires and such.

Phase 3:  Starting the paths north and south reaching the rivers bank opposite of the city in the biomes that members bases are on.

The path to the south is cut and amazingly came out into the end of a cave that exits right by the north side of Bakath's base tower.  North path is the only one left started and unfinished.

Final Stage:  Cut the routes upto the city and build bunkers.  The shafts will come up through the roads to help provide a solid base and speed construction of the bunkers.  This stage will require several members help to hold back the hordes.  The plan is to quietly build as much as possible without detection, but with the feral in the city that is going to be tricky.   Thanks to all the members that got stir crazy and helped speed construct the bunker in the middle of the city.  Inside of 7 in game hours the base was constructed, defeneded and stocked.  The speed ramps were added to help members comes in quicker and everyone gave great input to help make it a solid construction. 

Edited by Eendiwena

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to place some chest in the highway along the way. I imagine that you will gather stone quickly and it would be a bear to have to hike all the way back just to dump off.

I plan to have chests at the bottom of the entrance, at the city access point and the ends to the south and west for the purpses of quick stashes that can be trasported later.  Naturally there will be quite a bit more at the base of the city access with a large staging room.  I forgot to mention that after the other routes are done i'd like to run a tunnel north for the folks with homes up there.

A tunnel to the North would be nice. It would also be a long super highway.

All of them will be long, but worth it.

Updated to add the phases.

I am glad you updated that as I was like man he is digging the wrong direction :)

LOL, in this world Hell lies in the wastelands.  :to_keep_order:

From the information i have involving the damage report today involving the highway i will be rerouting and reworking the begining of the highway tonight. The rest of the work can proceed as scheduled.

Updated status of the project, South tunnel will be next after i route the paths for the castle and towers.

Alliee and I added a "turnpike" from the highway to one of the western bases.  Just saw this post with the various Phases of the project.  Let her or I know what we can help with and I pretty sure, if we aren't already working on something, we would be happy to help. 

The paths north and south are started but need dug out until they cross the rivers on the other side.  From there we'll need to tie the south into Bakaths base either directly or indirectly, his call, and then tie the north intoa base there, i think ginjer and manny had a cave there, or build one.

Updated the project status.

Only the north path is left to complete, the rest of the highway is complete and in working order.  Zenwidjet connected the western end to the "third" base we made over there.  From it's current standing anyone that wants to help can either work on the north path to get it to the next biome north or make any paths they want off of the highway itself.

Sign in to follow this