News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Ugliness in Star Citizen lands or is there?

Bakath

Dont believe the unhype. Star Citizen Alpha is just around the corner. Im not concerned. The only thing that had me pissed beyond all reason was limited ship sales, especially that of the Javelin. Since they're not gonna fly anymore, i'm good. :to_pick_ones_nose:

Hi Bak!

Miss you man! I'm starting to get more and more skeptical. I just asked for a refund so we'll see how that goes. I'd like to get rid of most of my ships and get back to a basic level. I hope it comes out, I miss you guys!

Ps> once it comes out you'll have to come over and see what's in this space bush.... Puppet show!

• Administrators

Star Wars Galaxies had multi player space ships back in 2004.  That was 11 years ago and I have yet to find a game which comes close to providing that same type of multi player experience.  I only got interested in Star Citizen because it promised to have multi player ships.  So here we are in 2015 after years of promises along with a $77 million dollar budget and the company still can't produce something even close to SWG JLT.  Pretty sad if you ask me.

I own a Conni and in my opinion the interior of the ships in SWG looked better.  Sure, my conni has a table that comes down, but does the developer actually think I am going to invite friends over for a pretend tea party?  Running around and clicking on stuff in my connie is cluncky as hell.  I don't need a toilet seat that raises and lowers, I need a functional multiplayer ship!  

I tried dog fighting in Star Citizen and I honestly had more fun flying my Imperial ships in SWG back in 2004. 

I am thinking about downsizing to a cheap ship. 

• CotP Sentinel

Geez, so much drama!  For once I actually think it might be warranted though.  This game is the highest crowdfunded game in history, and it does seem like they aren't going to be dropping a game anytime soon.  With no "playable game" alphas in 2015, I really don't see this game dropping in 2016.  RSI may have bit off a bigger piece than they can chew with this one.  There has to be a line somewhere that a company decides "this is the game we are going to release", and then stop adding more content (and the work that goes with it) that may delay the game's release. 

I admit that I never did put any money into backing SC. At this point I hope everyone gets their money back if RSI does end up bailing. 

Here's to hoping they come through and deliver Star Citizen in 2016, and prove all the critics (myself included) wrong! :drinks:

Oh yeah, drama! As expected with a project this size. As for "the line" for release, that one gets pushed further everytime another pledge comes in, so there really isn't a point in trying to uphold the preliminary timetable from 2012. Plus, as I already posted, Star Citizen Alpha with the Crusader solar system map and multicrew is just around the corner!

And another thing:

In the words of CR: "Derek Smart couldn't produce a game this scale if he had 200 mio". DS won't find another banker for his next project after the abysmal failures he is responsible for so far, so hes trying to sponge attention off SC. Derek stupid and yellow with envy, not smart. Hulk smash.

So get ready folks, this one is gonna be big! Seen the SQ42 trailer?

If you wanna try it for yourself, you can do so for free using CITCONFLIGHT2K15 here:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/citizencon2k15

Wanna join the tea party? Message me on steam:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/145847/vindex_terrae

And/or enlist in the forum:

http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/topic/42445-were-playing-star-citizen-friends-list/

indeed - and judging from the pre-sale of the Squadron 42 module, they seem rather dead serious to bring out at least the final version of the Squadron 42 single player / team play campaign within 2016.

I'd rather wish they'd take a little more time for everything - its hard for me to keep up with their pace.

oh and btw... 

ONE MILLION CITIZENS!

ONE MILLION STAR CITIZENS

Concept_citcon2015_4.jpg

I'm not worried about neither the pace (considering how little time the game has been in  full steam development) nor the accusations (some are harsh enough I wouldn't doubt there would already be some legal actions taken if they were true).

To be honest the Bishop cinematic seemed quite ugly to me, then the comm-link with the explanation of the few weeks of works on that face instead of the months (up to a year for those in Ryse) made it quite an achievement instead :3

I'm not concerned at all.  There will always be naysayers, doubters and negative-nancys when someone tries to do something new and ambitious.  I've always been one to root for, and support the underdogs.  I'm an even bigger fan now, being that CIG has shown such great poise and professionalism in the face of so many others acting out like disgruntled children.  I also like that they have shown support for other crowdfunded games.

As for DS, I wouldn't be at all surprised if all his blustering is just him being used as a mouth piece by a big game publisher/s.  Maybe that's how he still seems to find backers.

The big publishers probably don't worry much about the small indie games going the route of crowdfunding, but a game with the size and scope of SC has certainly garnered a lot more attention.  Crowdfunded games can offer so much more content for much less money than the big publishers.  I hope to see this trend continue, since so many good games can get squashed under all the weight of overhead costs of big publishers.  If SC fails, it will be a deterrent for other devs to work around the bloated big publishers.  However, if CIG succeeds, it could usher in a whole new era of game developing.

• Administrators

Darkfall was announced in 2001 and released in 2009....was it worth the wait?

Largest active chapter player-base in CotP history says....it was.

Platform's like steam and weekly updated games like ARK have spoiled us all.

The only thing that will muck up RSI's plans is attempting to release the same quarter as Crowfall....as long as they can avoid that, they should be alright.

I am not a backer of SC but I have followed it's development as I have most crowd sourced MMORPGs.  I understand that this project is very ambitious and perhaps the Dev team should of thought about a staggered release that was clearly articulated to the backers.  None the less people need to remember game development as Throne pointed out is a long process.  Most traditionally funded games are in development for years before gamers even know about it and many die before any formal announcement is made.  

Crowd funded games are open development from day one, which is something new for gamers, because we are use to seeing a game for the first time 3 or 4 years into development.  I think once some of these games are released and if the people who invested in them are happy with the project we all will feel better about the process.  There is always going to be drama in video games.  Every time a new game releases, you hear the masses complain that it was the worse release ever or the game is not complete.  So all this is nothing new.

Edited by Inseril

heh - has a point too, doesn't he?

;)

btw, if you want to see how the idris looks like now:

Real impressive. They do need to work on those animations though... i really can't stand how choppy these are.