LIFE IS FEUDAL

Join in on the fun and help us build a city and survive the impending wars in a medieval setting on a massive 10k player server.
Join LIF Today!

CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY

AION Chapter Emerges

We now have an AION Chapter which is accepting members, both new and old!
So if you are looking for a friendly guild, want to play with old friends or just wish to play under a familiar banner then come check us out.
For those unfamiliar, here is some basic information to wet your appetite!

AION

Aion is a rich MMORPG set in the fantasy world of Atreia. Originally requiring a subscription, Aion went free-to-play in 2012. The game has received several major updates since release, which have introduced such features as pets, player housing, and entirely new continents to explore. Unique to Aion is an aerial combat mode (PvPvE) where the two factions clash both among themselves and against NPC dragons for control over special zones and fortresses. Aion is known for having one of the most in-depth appearance customization options available via character creation. It is also built on the CryEngine.
Aion Key Features:
Loads of Content – game is updated with large patches, where level cap is raised and new zones/continents are added. Extensive Character Creation – one of the most detailed character creation processes in MMORPGs. Tons of Features – Aion has many different in-game systems that offer a variety of options, from mounts, pets, plastic surgery, gender changes, professions, and more. Unique PvPvE – fight against your enemy faction while also fighting against NPCs in The Abyss. Great Soundtrack – awesome music will accompany you as you explore Atreia.
Read more at https://mmos.com/review/aion

Read more...

Website Under Construction

I finally have some free time to implement some changes to the website as well as add more features which I think the community will find useful. We were intermittently down for a few minutes last night and this morning, because I was moving some directories around to improve the flow of stuff.  Currently, I am putting the finishing touches on our article system, which I look forward to seeing in action.  We are in short demand of news reporters, so if you like to write about games and other stuff,  please contact Vessa.
After we get a few more article submissions then we can roll out the front page, which Throne has been chomping at the bit to get done.
Today, I am going to install a Quiz page, similar to what we had before. That also, means that we will opening the doors for members to take the Sentry and Knight exams.  While I am going to install a bunch of new features, I just don't have the time to fully set them up and manage them, so I will be looking for other admins to take the lead.  

Read more...

CotP Youtube Channel

We need 100 subscribers to get our custom youtube channel URL...Please help us get to 100....!!!
Click on the link and subscribe: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_o9RGzv_E_bVmQAQSRtEQ
Read more...
News Ticker
  • SWTOR Announces Server Merges
  • Crowfall's Alpha 5 servers now running 24/7
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
Tea

Any news?

I'm curious if somebody has heard any updates on new investors or other things affecting PFO's future?

I'm not in as much as before, just now and then. This is because I avoid spending too much time on something that might get halted. I think the game needs funding to continue its track toward a great game. :)

Edited by Tea

Tis also a very impressive launch season for new games to try. Guild Wars 2 expansion, Sword Coast Legends, Fallout 4 next month, I'm still poking around in ARK... and I am sure I am missing others. So I've mostly just been watching for when I am needed to do something and otherwise just banking some exp so I can get new stuff when I do pop in.

I agree Tea - I do not log in much any more as there doesn't seem to be much point. Will check back when (if?) ee11 drops, but without new money soon, I fear the worst :(

Sword Coast Legends proved that even with a good budget, you can create a giant turd of a game.

Avoid it, wait for it to go on sale, and *maybe* by then the devs will have pulled their heads from their nether regions.

Tea - check back in with Cheatle. Lots of new updates if you haven't heard yet.

I don't see anything new on the GW forums yet.  I did get an email from Phyllain, I think he just spammed everyone signed up on the EOX boards whether member or ambassador, inviting members to suggest a new sandbox they could all join in the light of PFO's death. So it seems that group is really throwing in the towel. Which is kind of a shame. I know Lisa doesn't want to count her chickens before they hatch, but a lot of the community that is left seems to be growing restless.

Well, quite obviously PFO aint dead, so him and his message is just nasty nonsense. If that is his/their attitude, then good riddance I say AND relinquish control of your settlementS as you don't let the door hit you on the way out please.

Well, quite obviously PFO aint dead, so him and his message is just nasty nonsense. If that is his/their attitude, then good riddance I say AND relinquish control of your settlementS as you don't let the door hit you on the way out please.

Considering the vastly diminished playerbase and lack of new content, it isn't exactly a stretch to say PFO is dead. It might be resurected by a new company, but for now, its on life support at best.

Not sure what lack of new content you're referring to given that EE11 just came out. Lots of new stuff out there.

Yeah, I wouldn't say dead yet. Bleeding out maybe. But still a solid chance of stabilizing and possibly  Heal spell  if the right company, and by extension, the right press gets a hold of it.

Hey y'all:

Just wanted to give you guys a little update.  Things have been going VERY well with a potential new company to take over Pathfinder Online.  One of the major partners in the company has been playing since day 1 and has been a settlement leader, so he very much knows and loves what we are doing with Pathfinder Online.  They are in the process of getting the funding needed to really make a huge difference in the game.  We are talking more money spent in 1 year than we spent in 4 so far.  They have been talking with their investors for the past few weeks and it has been going extremely well.  I am hoping they can get to a point with the investors that we can make some announcement in early January, though that timing is entirely out of my hands.  

Now, things could still go south and it could all fall apart.  But right now it is looking extremely likely.  My management team at Paizo asked me for a percentage likelihood and I put it at 90%.  

So hang in there!  Brighthaven was my first home in the Echo Wood and you guys have been a big part of my experience.  I know it is frustrating not knowing what is going to happen, but all signs are pointing to a good outcome.  Again, it isn't 100%, but what is in life?  

Just wanted to give you guys a little ray of hope before the holidays.  I hope to see you back in the game soon and look forward to a great new year!

-Lisa

• Upvote 2

Thanks so much Lisa for taking the time out to come give us an update! 

Sweet! That ray of hope is much appreciated.