News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Suggestions for the 7 Days to Die game server?

Damis

I lowered the zeds from 80 to 60 and the animals from 80 to 50 on Sunday.  Those changes will take affect the next time the server is rebooted.  That should help with some of the lag.  Adjusting your settings should also help.

Lets play this config out then drop the big cities, they cool an good fun but killing my system. 

Loved the prefab only mod!!! 

So I say next play lets figure out the boss and scaling toughness by day configs and go with that. 

• CotP Guardian

Playing on lowest settings, lagging badly, can not play...

I think that we are running too many addons, which is asking too much of our server and our graphics cards.

Cheers

Grim

• CotP Guardian

Restarted the server, testing with the lower mob settings...

Cheers

Grim

• CotP Guardian

I've been in game pretty much all day.

Other people in game have been from none to 2 at the same time.

I have been mostly working on the new mine, located below the highrise base and have several issues with lag / chunkyness to the point of having to restart the game client.

I think that we need to test without the boss and subway addons, to see if we can come up with a server that folks can play on, without having to either move out of the city or restart their clients several times a day.

I feel that the issue is that the current server software is not optimized and adding the additional mods to it just compounds the issue.

If it was just one or two of us, I could see it being client side, but it is everyone, some folks with pretty sweet rigs.

Cheers

Grim

• Administrators

I am not the one that needs convincing. If the group of players want to restart then Bakath can wipe the server and just install the prefab mod.

I agree that there seems to be a lot going on and it's even causing lag on my system. I know there was discussion last night about the possibility of reverting back to the previous game. It still had the new building and even though it had smaller cities, there seemed to be enough going on that that wasn't boring. I would love to see boss mobs and thought they were in but have yet to see anything that awesome. I'm cool with either reverting back or a fresh wipe with the buildings and mobs. Not sure that sewers and subways are really necessary. 

• CotP Guardian

I am not the one that needs convincing. If the group of players want to restart then Bakath can wipe the server and just install the prefab mod.

Wasn't trying to convince anyone, just posting my experiences.  :D

Cheers

Grim

I like this mod, but it's a bit much with the roaming zeds walking through the bottom of the building so much that i am spending all my time repairing and now exploring.  I am fine with reverting back to the previous version.