News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Chapter Organization?

Do we already have an organized chapter structure that isn't really spelled out here? If not, do we want one?

Having read through some of the posts here, it seems like we have a lot of disparate members with various perks that were really not organized in time to maximize our potential collaborative abilities. But that doesn't mean we cannot unite across the world with separate sub-groups. I know we've got a couple people with PoTs for example. More than one town can fit under the cotp umbrella, though such is not really required.

The final wipe is supposedly at the end of July, meaning now is a great time for beginning to organize better and seeing if we can drum up some excitement from the broader community since the chance to play and be persistent is not forever away even though it is still an Early Enrollment time.

Maybe this is all already in place and we just need to spell it out in one summary post without pages of posts across multiple threads? I would definitely appreciate if we could have an accounting of what we need after the final wipe in order to hit the ground running. They claim they will be deleting all social data including guilds, so we'll probably need to put one together from scratch. We'll want to identify how many, if any, communal Points of Interest we will have. By this I mean places where we may have guild-accessible crafting stations or vendors. I'll certainly be willing to contribute gold for the purpose of acquiring such things.

I would be happy to help organize a meeting in mumble of members who are interested in playing to discuss what they feel should be the guilds objective in the game.  I have played since the beginning and I am a big fan of the game.  I see the game as a great social and story driven game.  This is not a traditional game with raids or meaningful PvP.

Just let me know.

So far we haven't made a strong commitment to the guild as far as I know. A number of patches ago we gathered enough gold between 4 or 5 of us to start the guild up in game. Bendarek was forward thinking enough to purchase a PoT because of his hopes for what the game can be. Mekong Peacemaker who is in CoTP within another game also purchased a PoT not realizing that there were a number of us who were interested in playing. He has pretty much established himself in the Elysium Isle area with other players but has been nice enough to let me place a house in his PoT that can be used as a guild "Embassy".

Basically that is what we have done. Some people have come into the game to see how it is but haven't been a constant presence. I definitely cant blame anyone with the character wipes and skill changes that have been going on but it makes it hard to see who might actually be interested in join the guild in game. I will definitely be playing off and on up until the true release of the game.

Spry

I would be happy to help organize a meeting in mumble of members who are interested in playing to discuss what they feel should be the guilds objective in the game.  I have played since the beginning and I am a big fan of the game.  I see the game as a great social and story driven game.  This is not a traditional game with raids or meaningful PvP.

Just let me know.

Establishing an objective would be great, and help tie broader purpose into the organization. Which helps with retention and recruitment. I'm hoping we'll see more investment after the final wipe, but I am also wary that the lack of traditional end game might cause folks to drop off quickly since the gaming public as a whole has been trained to consume what is available whereas the core of this game is in making your own objectives and content (especially when they eventually get those player made quest features in). I'm wondering if we're ready for a formal mumble meeting on it though. I think we're more in the phases of throwing ideas around on the forum.

So far we haven't made a strong commitment to the guild as far as I know. A number of patches ago we gathered enough gold between 4 or 5 of us to start the guild up in game. Bendarek was forward thinking enough to purchase a PoT because of his hopes for what the game can be. Mekong Peacemaker who is in CoTP within another game also purchased a PoT not realizing that there were a number of us who were interested in playing. He has pretty much established himself in the Elysium Isle area with other players but has been nice enough to let me place a house in his PoT that can be used as a guild "Embassy".

Basically that is what we have done. Some people have come into the game to see how it is but haven't been a constant presence. I definitely cant blame anyone with the character wipes and skill changes that have been going on but it makes it hard to see who might actually be interested in join the guild in game. I will definitely be playing off and on up until the true release of the game.

Spry

I totally believe this was the right way to approach it so far. I don't think it made much sense to put a lot of effort into anything beyond exploratory ideas until now. The final wipe is the best time to focus, as it is something of a soft launch. We're likely to still have folks who come and go, but we'll be able to have a persistent presence to notice when they come back. Having a list of "We need X gold to establish the guild. We will have community accessible crafting stations in these locations and should gather another Y gold to fully outfit them" would really boost my excitement to participate. Of course, I may also just be biased after having come through a chapter with very well defined goals and organization. And that may be causing me to get ahead of myself in my excitement.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I thought I might ask where folks would want have guild houses established. Right now I have lots placed in the hidden vale area, Solaria, and one over in Findupre.

With the release prior to this the Pass to Cotp Isle became populated with tougher mobs. So I never placed a home there. Is there anywhere else that someone in the guild is interested in exploring with the release? Or after release 31? Do we feel the need to have a presense in Brittany? My placement date isnt until the beginning of August but it may come along quick so asking now.

I hope everyone gets a chance to explore some prior to final wipe. If anything so u can see if u are interested in magic or not.

I ventured to CotP isle and we didn't have any lots available there yet. I think we'll obviously have places there though, so I think we can ignore that safely enough. Having tougher mobs means people will be ready to place their own houses by the time they reach that area. If nothing else, we can chip in gold as a guild to put a central guild hall on our isle.

I really like the Hidden Vale and Solaria areas due to sufficient access to a range of difficulty zones. I am thinking "Starter Area" whether they keep it in Solaria or move it back to Hidden Vale is an ideal place for a primary guild house and the other locations we maybe look at having smaller outposts if necessary/feasible.

I made the move and upgraded last night. After thinking about upkeep costs if I upgraded one of my Village lots to Town lot It seemed to make sense. I have never been one to make cash fast in a game. I tend spend all my time crafting or gathering and having fun exploring. So I decided to get a town lot that wont cost anything and place it in either Valewood near where it is now or in Owls Head if BMC hasnt taken everything there. I love the layout of this tower also. Hidden Vale should be perfect for short trips to Brittany also ;). With so many of us over at CoTP Isle I didnt see a need for me to take up one of Ben's Town Lots when I can maybe help be a presence for us in another part of Brittania.

Sounds good. There's only a holdfast over there, so lots larger than village really eat up a lot of space. As for gold, I can make a good bit, but I've been spending it to support crafting as well.

Also, I noticed the towns in the Drach region aren't really implemented yet making it a poor spot for vendoring loot. Port Graff has a couple, but I didn't see a blacksmith or the like. Of course, I didn't look too hard.

I think Vauban Pass is going to disincentivise a lot of traffic to CotP for a while.