News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • The Deck System

I was doing a little research on combos and ran across this  thread last night.  I was completely unaware that i could stack my deck this way. and  had been playing with all my slots locked. My initials test seem to let me kill Faster though I justy started  4skull zones so I'm a little under-powered.

Still working on combos they seem to never want to proc when i need them.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/understanding-the-deck-system-the-5-5-18-method-and-how-to-modify-it-for-your-needs.58341/#post-619377

Hmm, my current build takes very little advantage of potential combos. But I've been mostly unlocked slots. Last night I did start playing with more with the 5/5/16 notion, though I think I ended up 6/4/18. Built a new deck for fighting the earth elementals as they were immune to stone fist and earthquake and I definitely felt my offense go up in exchange for having my defensive buffs locked in. It is probably nearing time when I should be honing in on fewer skills to use, but none of my favorites have combos. I could pick up some sword glyphs maybe, which would align more to my pre-wipe build.

I read about combos and it does look interesting. Your OP link has much more detail and is more compelling.

I will give it a try some time soon =D

Thanks for the post and the useful information!

- Jasc

I have been using a 8/2/22 deck and have a problem with too many "blank" slots, especially during long fights.

Combos are nice when they pop and I have managed to get a few stacks (2) at times, but nothing consistent or amazing to date.

The deck system is novel and has a lot of potential, if only I could figure out how to get the slots to fill more quickly.

My first 5 slots are all offensive with a mix of melee magic, melee weapon attacks and a few ranged options. Then I have 2 locked cards, ignite weapon and immolate. The final 3 slots are heals, buffs with a couple of summons in slot #0.

Enjoying the style of combat, but looking for some advanced tips and tricks to get my deck really humming!

in the FWIW category mint is a 7 3 47  I don't think its anything special and agree that the deck system is far from amazing.  I would rather have multiple hotbars.  so far having a few more Glyphs in the deck seem to help it  hold up in a long fight.  Though it would be interesting to get otherpeoples thoughts/  Im arranged with 4 buttons for offense 3 defense/CC then a heal light and  focus potion( for those long fights)

I've got 18 glyphs in deck. First 4 have all offensive; My 5th has Shield of Ice, Douse, Blind, Healing Touch. My other 5 are locked in Evasion, Dodge, Deflect, Soothing Rain, Healing Touch.

It's been pretty effective.

It takes awhile to get use to, but I found myself able to take on 2 earth elementals with little issue being a melee, and non spell casters have a big issue now in the game.

With the deck set right you go from waiting on cool downs to waiting on a card to pop up, the amount of cards being based on skill levels of your attacks you have slotted.

The 5/5/16-18 model is very effective at rarely having to wait for a card you want. I get to use preferred attacks a lot while building up my non-preferred attacks to 3 and 4 stacks for much more efficient attacks while waiting for my preferred to come up again. For example, for Earth Elementals with stun I prefer non-cast bar abilities. But for undead Searing Ray really packs a punch and spamming it is greater than building up. But while spamming those I'll stack Ice Arrow and tap it when I am waiting for one of those.