News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Quick Tip for the day!!!

low level harvesting

if your harvesting in low level area be sure to turn off any adventure skills that you might be training so you don't eat up  the adventure training pool with hits from low level mobs.

Good Advice TZ :),

My problem is I'm just too lazy. Thats probably why I'm always running around with that Exp Low Symbol up. Oh well, Someday I'll get exps enough to get rid of it for a while.

Spry

after 3 hrs in a 3 skull zone  i have a 20k pool of adventure XP.  IThink I'm going to try and turn on just a few skill to train  up the  newly needed  bludgeon skill quickly.

My actives were starting to hit points where they eat a lot of focus, so I've actually disabled a lot of them. Half of my passives are still active though, which leads to a slow burn in lower-tier areas.

People on the forums talk about hitting million point XP pools for adventure and crafting. Has anyone here actually done that? It seems like it would take an absurd amount of time...

I used an obsidian book of unlearning on my polearm skill and received 512K adventure XP (92 -> 20). I used it all in ~45mins.

Sit around ~8K adventuring XP most of the time I am hunting 5 skull areas and have a lot of skills turned on.

My crafting XP sits between 12-20K when I want it to (after lotsa mining or gathering.)

Edited by jasconine

I've been tending to build up my crafting XP to 100K-200K. At level 94 Tailoring it eats XP like crazy for even the smallest advance. With other skills locked, a single salvage use will eat through 2-3K XP per use with that kind of pool. I burned through 120K craft XP the other day and gained .8 levels just doing salvage on ~50 items. I definitely noticed that it was close to 3K XP burn the first use and down to about 800 XP burn when I had got down to less than 30K XP. So the Large Pool Theory seems to hold weight for crafting. It just takes a good while to build big pools.

Also: What 5 skull areas do you frequent? I've been experiencing rather unreliable difficulty based on skull ratings. Some 4 skulls for example seem to have higher level enemies than some of the 5 skulls I've been running into.

Twins Foothills around the Elysium mine entrance (when I go mining for gold and silver), Greymark Forest in the Hidden Vale (when I go to visit Owl's Head), Spectral Foothills north of Solania (when I go searching for iron) and Savrenoc Stronghold on the otherside of the Spectral Foothills from Solania (when I need a change of scenery.)