News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • KotET Info and Megathread [Spoilers]

well phyre your just stating your opinion on the game just like the rest of us. nothing wrong with that. awesome! no more EXPERTIES on pvp armor! :-D.  people who want to leave due to this point from the game in general i wouldnt care really cause it will bring people back to the game even knowing we have new content flowing again for the expansion all together. at least im keeping an open mind towards the new content than others will be. cant wait for KOTET

The RNG idea is just stupid.  Gear based on my class.  Meaning I have to run everyone through content to get gear rather than take what character I want through it to get new gear for an alt.  I wasn't here at launch, but didn't people hate class specific drops?  Why does BioWare constantly regress on things?

I know people didn't like expertise (I found it annoying to change gear for what I wanted to do), but now we're going to run into the issue that everyone always brings up - all the Hardmode/Nightmare players get better gear and just come into pvp and wreck everyone.  Unless they're also removing all gear stats when you enter a warzone, or keeping it so anything over item rating X debolsters you.

**conspiracy theory**

They're making this so stupid and will piss off enough people and have them unsub, so come January when they have a livestream about new ops, they'll get to say "nobody plays them, so we're not going to develop any more".

***end conspiracy***

Also, without comms, how do we get gear when levelling?  I know it's nearly irrelevant, but still....are they going to take gear away too?  Or just shove everyone into the cookie-cutter static gear that drops?

That unsubscribe button is looking better and better...

Edited by Khatarnn

The really sad thing is nothing is screaming hey come play me! Talking about a grind earlier is fine but it's still all old content

I'm not worried about not having comms for gear. Pretty sure I could finish Kotfe in the gear you get at level 1. Even this new difficulty Sm they are boasting won't be that hard.

I am going along with the wait and see approach here.  RNG, I am not a real fan of but hopefully its not as bad as we thought it would be.  I am loving that they are removing expertise.  I honestly hated having to switch gear if I wanted to raid or PVP on that character.  I can't even tell you how many times I would be in the wrong gear on either side of the direction which is the reason, I had always kept both my pve and pvp gear in my inventory.

1.) - all the Hardmode/Nightmare players get better gear and just come into pvp and wreck everyone.  Unless they're also removing all gear stats when you enter a warzone, or keeping it so anything over item rating X debolsters you.

**conspiracy theory**

2.) They're making this so stupid and will piss off enough people and have them unsub, so come January when they have a livestream about new ops, they'll get to say "nobody plays them, so we're not going to develop any more".

***end conspiracy***

3.) Also, without comms, how do we get gear when levelling?  I know it's nearly irrelevant, but still....are they going to take gear away too?  Or just shove everyone into the cookie-cutter static gear that drops?

4.) That unsubscribe button is looking better and better...

1. They said that Nightmare OPs and Ranked Warzones would be the best experience for Galactic Command, so NiM raiders will do as well in PvP as Ranked players do in NiM OPs regarding their gear.
    2. They already have that data available from all of 4.0's treatment of Operations, and especially the huge loss of players from 4.1's inability to fix OPs bugs.
    3. Galactic Command will drop gear boxes at all levels, not just end-game, so as you are rewarded a GC Box at level 15 it will contain level 15 gear.
    4. Yes

• They said that Nightmare OPs and Ranked Warzones would be the best experience for Galactic Command, so NiM raiders will do as well in PvP as Ranked players do in NiM OPs regarding their gear.
    • They already have that data available from all of 4.0's treatment of Operations, and especially the huge loss of players from 4.1's inability to fix OPs bugs.
    • Galactic Command will drop gear boxes at all levels, not just end-game, so as you are rewarded a GC Box at level 15 it will contain level 15 gear.
    • Yes
    GC isn't available until level 70, I thought

So, I wonder, is CotP going to be looking for these World Bosses that spawn with the DvL battles?

Edited by Jing
    • Upvote 1

Information on beta builds 7, 8 and 9 has been out on the net since 19th October. Builds 10 and 11 have yet to appear.

Edited by Ztuke
    99% commentary removed

Maybe I missed it, but has BioWare talked about the specifics of the drops from these Command Crates?  Is every one of them going to be a set bonus piece and include other stuff as well?  Or are we going to be opening massive numbers of crates giving us companion gifts, mounts, crafting mats, and MK-2 pieces?  Most of the math for odds calculations I see people posting assume you'll get a set bonus piece in every crate.  With all these changes, that just sounds too generous.

Maybe I missed it, but has BioWare talked about the specifics of the drops from these Command Crates? Is every one of them going to be a set bonus piece and include other stuff as well? Or are we going to be opening massive numbers of crates giving us companion gifts, mounts, crafting mats, and MK-2 pieces? Most of the math for odds calculations I see people posting assume you'll get a set bonus piece in every crate. With all these changes, that just sounds too generous.

It is all RNG based on what you get. May not be set pieces.

Hey folks,

As we discussed in my previous post, the Cartel Market Access passes are all being removed from the game with Knights of the Eternal Throne early access on 11/29. One of the big questions that has come up from that announcement is what our compensation plans are for anyone who still has passes. Our plan is quite simple, for each pass that is present on an account as of 11/29 you will receive a 100% refund of Cartel Coins for the cost of the pass. Note that whether you directly purchased the pass from the Cartel Market or received it from another method such as the GTN, trade, etc. you will still receive the refunded Cartel Coins. As a reminder, here are the Cartel Coin costs for each of the passes which are being removed:

• 240 CC – Weekly Pass: Flashpoints
    • 240 CC – Weekly Pass: Operations
    • 240 CC – Weekly Pass: Space Missions
    • 240 CC – Weekly Pass: Warzones
    • 4,320 CC – 180-Day Pass: Starfighter
    • 720 CC – 30-Day Pass: Starfighter
    • 240 CC – 7-Day Pass: Starfighter

Once Early Access launches on 11/29 all passes will be removed entirely from the game and players will see the Cartel Coins added to their account. It is important that any passes which are in Guild Banks are removed before this happens. If a pass is in a Guild Bank it will be deleted and no compensation will be provided.

Edited by Ztuke

Hey folks,

As we discussed yesterday on the livestream, one of the goals of crafting is that it will be a mechanism where someone can gear up an alt, catch up to their friends, or even gear an off-spec. With the launch of Eternal Throne you will find that there is a new grade of materials and higher level items which can be learned from your Crafting Trainer. For endgame crafting, the intent is that you will be able to craft items which are within 2 item rating of the best gear in that tier, but without a set bonus. The exception to this rule is tier 1, where you will be able to craft items equivalent to the best item rating in that tier. All of the gear that you craft in this matter will be static, meaning that you cannot move mods. However, crafters will also be able to craft mods of those same item levels.

If that is confusing let me give you some examples using made up numbers from Fallen Empire:
    Tier 1 – 216 with set bonus
    Tier 2 – 220 with set bonus
    Tier 3 – 224 with set bonus

You would be able to craft at the following ratings:
    Tier 1 – 216 without a set bonus
    Tier 2 – 218 without a set bonus
    Tier 3 – 222 without a set bonus

Let’s talk about how you get access to craft these items.
    Gear: You will earn the schematics to craft gear from their respective Command Crates. Ex: You will get schematics to craft tier 1 gear inside of tier 1 Command Crates. These schematics will require materials earned from Conquests in order to craft them.
    Mods: You will earn the schematics to craft mods through either reverse engineering the mod, PvP, or looting the schematic from an Operation boss. These schematics will require materials earned from Operations or PvP in order to craft them.

This is a summary of how crafting relates to gearing in Eternal Throne. Let me know if you have any questions.

-eric

• 3 weeks later...

Story & Chapter Livestream Notes

http://dulfy.net/2016/11/03/swtor-kotet-story-chapter-livestream-coverage/

Upcoming Class Changes (Patch 5.0)

http://dulfy.net/2016/11/07/swtor-5-0-class-changes/

Uprising Gameplay & Endgame Armor In The Next Expansionp

http://dulfy.net/2016/11/10/swtor-uprising-gameplay-and-endgame-armor/

Additional Trailer For Next Expansion

http://dulfy.net/2016/11/16/swtor-kotet-rule-the-galaxy-teaser/

Enjoy :)

• 2 weeks later...

To give some perspective on what the end of the RNG Gear box grind will be:

I have reached rank 20 (40,000 Influence) on Alliance Commander Sana Rae on 4 toons.

Which requires 320 Crates at 500 Influence each.

I've done C2-N2's mission 13 times between the 4 toons at 500 affection each.

So in total I have turned in 307 Ancient Artifact Lockboxes and gotten:

Tier 1: Dread Guard Knight's 7-Pc

Tier 1: Dread Guard Consular's 7-Pc

Tier 2: Arkanian Knight's 7-Pc

Tier 2: Arkanian Consular's 7-Pc

Tier 3: Underworld Knight's 6-Pc (No Head)

Tier 3: Underworld Consular's 7-Pc

Tier 4: Yavin Knight's 7-Pc

Tier 4: Yavin Consular's 7-Pc

Tier 5: Resurrected Knight's 7-Pc

Tier 5: Resurrected Consular's 6-Pc (No Chest)

As well as many duplicates that were exchanged for credits but not turned into more Influence.

Variables not factored:

Galactic Command limits access to higher tier drops until you reach a higher Rank, making it more difficult to obtain the higher tier sets.

Galactic Command will include Earpiece/Implants/Relics/MainHands/Offhands as well, making it more difficult to obtain complete sets.

Unknown how many Tiers exist in Level 70 gear, could be more of less, making it more or less difficult to complete higher tiers.

Galactic Command will allow exchanging duplicates into CXP making it less difficult to complete sets.

I stopped playing exclusively for Command Crates but still got them as a bonus reward for Conquest points, which would generate faster progress with the incentives of Galactic Command's loot.

Opinion:

With my normal above-average gaming schedule (high tier of the grinding player-base), I've ALMOST completed my sets from Command Crates.  I think it's definitely possible for some hardcore grinders, but also realistically impossible for most casual players, to obtain a full top tier set through Galactic Command before the next major update.

Does Arcann join as a companion? Is he romanceable?

yes, depends if you let him go, and let him heal up, but you arent gonna wanna romance him lel

Edited by Minflexzel

yes, depends if you let him go, and let him heal up, but you arent gonna wanna romance him lel

You are right, I would rather romance Thexan (rip in peace) but he isn't here anymore.

Speaking of, does he make an appearance?

You are right, I would rather romance Thexan (rip in peace) but he isn't here anymore.

Speaking of, does he make an appearance?

yes and no, its not ACTUALLY him, but someone pretending