News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • What tier is everyone

as the title states, what tier have you bought. so, i know what we have and what we can do with it. i'm at 500$ and thinking about going 750$ because you get to do this

• Work with the development team to design a Tattoo or Hairstyle³ for your character and then get the exclusive Pattern for it on your server (you can share it or not)

• 5 months later...
    • 3 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

I am on the Bloodline package.

To be honest after talking to these guys and playing the demo at PAX East along with some of the updates they have sent out I am not feeling any warm and fuzzes that we will see this anytime soon.  

• 1 month later...
    • 7 months later...
    • 2 months later...

I have pledged at the count level during the kickstarter, without fully understanding what I was getting :). Since I have serious doubts about having the irl time to do the recruiting and maintenance required to run a successful county, I'm thinking about selling or trading my count title and the asociated benefits off. I'd suggest we wait until after we get our act together as a chapter and have an idea of how we want to set up (honestly, I feel it would probably make the most sense to have us all in one county, whereas we have at least three members pledged at the count level).

But anyway, before you buy count level access from the store, you can probably get it cheaper from me ;).

All in one duchy is more realistic, as counties seem to have very limited mayor slots.  I doubt we have 24 counts and 2-6 mayors per in this group, but we could easily have more than six mayors.

My main concern is that we'll be very much spread out across the map then. According to their developer journal #18 from mid-2017 the minimum requirements for the various settlement sizes are these:

• Hamlet: 3 Parcels; 10 people; Well
    • Village: 9 Parcels; 25 people; Tavern
    • Town: 25 parcels; 75 people; Town Hall
    • City: 49 parcels; 150 people; Courthouse
    • Capital: 81 parcels; 250 people; Monument

In the same place, they listed the following possible combinations (there are many others) for a county:

• 4 towns and 4 villages
    • 1 city, 2 towns, 2 villages, and 5 hamlets

In reality, how many players (even if that "people" number up there might well include a significant number of npcs, I'd assume at least 25% of those are meant to be players) are we going to get? It's going to make for some very, very empty feeling settlements. Yes, ideally the game and player population is going to grow to a point where those numbers might be possible, but at the start, there's barely going to be more than three or four players trying to build each town, spread across a considerable geografical area, if each count and mayor is going to try to build their's. And I think that's a bad thing, because people who feel alone are much more likely to lose interest and quit.

I honestly feel that the best approach if we want to have a united CotP-presence as a guild would be to really focus on building one settlement up to town or better level first and concentrate our people there, with some small outlying hamlets nearby as desired. I understand that that means that not everyone who bought in at count level is going to have their own developed county seat, which is why I volunteered to leave my county undeveloped as "wilderness" initially, to possibly be expanded into later. Sadly, Duke Cyneric didn't like the idea of an empty "wilderness" county too much, but he still might find that there's not enough people to fill all the room at the start anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I finally committed ended up with Proprietor mainly for the alpha II access  now to figure out which tribe. ... leaning towards Brudvir