News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Challenge of the Gods Returns to Neverwinter!

Grim

• CotP Guardian
    b8adae7947a5cbd45a7f3c1a0b9d25b914858953

The gods have returned once again to test the many heroes that venture across Neverwinter. Be wary, for their challenges are not for the faint of heart! If you successfully complete their challenge, they’ll bestow you with a Gift of the Gods.

The challenge begins: Thursday, February 9 at 7:30am PT (or after maintenance) on PC and 10am PT on Console.

The challenge ends: Wednesday, February 15 at 7:30am PT on PC and 10am PT on Console. 

The gods will only test you if your character is level 10 or higher and you’re slaying monsters within seven levels of you. When they die, collecting special loot from them will count as an acceptance of the challenge. From there, it’s up to you to prove your worth!

Upon opening a Gift of the Gods, you can receive the following:

Celestial Mantle – Feel the power of the gods floating behind you as you rush into battle with this divine transmute.

4863722ca69f00d3a0152043400c855114538417

Celestial Grace Dye Pack – Complete your divine style with this dye pack fit only for those who have proven themselves to the gods.

0ecec1b1aba92a020b1c702ffc035a4614538417

The Speaker of Ao offers a daily quest to complete five Challenges! When this quest is turned in, adventurers will receive a Blessed Gift of the Gods, which contains rewards much like the normal Gift of the Gods, but with a chance to gain high-value items such as Lathander's set items or the Forgehammer of Gond! If one Blessed Gift of the Gods is not enough to whet your appetite, more of these gifts can be found in the Zen Market for 100 Zen apiece.

The Vicious Enchantment has also be graced upon us during this event

487ebeea9a9dc378d5e89cd6dcb24a4514538417

Cheers

Grim

This is a very important thing to focus on for the following reveal!

I had about 20 boxes from doing the quests.

They are very easy to do when you are farming a dragon, because the dragon area has mobs to kill, you can pretty much fulfill all the challenges except the profession kit finding.

I went to the highest level area I could, the Underdark starting area and or Sharandar, and opened all my boxes.

I consistently got Rank 6 Enchantments some Superior Potions, and other fluff.  When I was finished, I had opened 17000AD worth of enchantments and runestones - thats huge!

Collect as many boxes as you can if you need Rank 6 Enchants for yourself, your gear or to feed your artifacts later during refining bonus days.

• 9 months later...

This event is running again for only a few short days, the rewards look to be the same, it's all about the Rank 12 Enchantment, that is very valuable!

The easiest place to earn the reward boxes is the Stronghold, because many of the tests can be fulfilled by using powers fighting opponents.  There are also profession skill checks on the stronghold map, though I don't have them mapped out.

Best of luck!

Edited by Relaed