Drayvn's ARK Cluster Server

For the foreseeable future, we'll be doing Boss runs every Friday and Sunday Night at 9p CT.
Join Us For Boss Night

Shroud of the Avatar

If they stand behind you - PROTECT THEM.

If they stand beside you - RESPECT THEM.

If they stand against you - DEFEAT THEM!

Stand Beside Us

CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY

SWTOR is Awesome

Check out the latest from the SWTOR chapter!
YAY for Server Merge Drama!
News Ticker
  • SWTOR Announces Server Merges
  • Crowfall's Alpha 5 servers now running 24/7
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
Sign in to follow this  
Elric

Warframe Suggestions

I started playing Warframe again while I come down from my Stellaris burnout phase....

I have Ember and Loki unlocked, but I'm looking for a third option.  I was originally thinking Oberon sounded cool, but most of the recent reviews I've read all agree that he is very underpowered right now and needs a re-work.  The other 4 that look really interesting to me right now are Equinox, Chroma, Nidus, and Mag.

What is good these days?  Any solid weapon suggestions, or warframe suggestions?

I loves my Nidus, he is amazing, after you get his abilities down.  :D

Cheers

Grim

Just a heads up. One of the streamers I watch, CptDux, Has been raffling Prime Sets for Warframe Characters if you both might still be playing. I honestly dont know much about the game but He plays pretty often and is fun to watch playing.

Spry

Cool beans!

Thanks!

Grim

i heard something about a free frost prime prebuilt warframe (i think) if you had a twitch prime account some people in game where saying something about you could qualify by using the free 7 day trial and canceling before the auto enrollment. Dont really know anymore than that as i had that frame from long ago. O and Elric and Grim if you need any mods or parts let me know, or if you have plat to spend or gear to sell head over to warframe.market its alot easier to handle than the trade channel lol. O and Elric in case your still looking.

Frost is great for defense and excavations for corpus and grineear

Vauban is great for defense and excavations against infested

Valkyr will let you survive pretty much anything

Nekros and Hydroid are great for farming with the right mods

Inaros is pretty tanky

Nova can be alot of fun and versatile but to do it right leaves you really easy to die

ember is great for the kill everything missions as you probably know heh

and loki for the spy missions

pretty much any frame is good with the right weapons and modded right so it really is to taste but yes oberon is pretty ineffectual

I like the game, but ultimately the grind got to me again.  I was really interested in the whole "Forma" system of advancing your Warframe until I found out that it would reset your warframe to level 1 again.  The idea of resetting over and over again ruined the excitement of hitting level 30 on my first few frames.  After that, it was going to be a lot of resetting my frame, making new weapons that I didn't want to use and then leveling them over and over again.  Almost all of the weapons I wanted to use are either vaulted and only obtainable at high plat prices, or they require a higher mastery level than I have grinded up to yet. 

I may play it occasionally when new stuff comes out, but otherwise I think Warframe will be on my "casual" list at best.

yea its a very grindy game but there are a few maps where you can get to 30 in a couple rounds if you do them as pubs. As for weapons there tends to be alot of very good cheap weapons in the clan dojo labs. I remember hearing about phoenix starting up their own clan but not sure how far it got, if not let me know.

yea its a very grindy game but there are a few maps where you can get to 30 in a couple rounds if you do them as pubs. As for weapons there tends to be alot of very good cheap weapons in the clan dojo labs. I remember hearing about phoenix starting up their own clan but not sure how far it got, if not let me know.

Yeah it was a really small group of people.  I joined a larger clan when I was playing for a few weeks and they had all the dojo research options available.  Even then, I felt like I was always being carried by the higher level players.  I finally got a bunch of decent weapons to 30 and my main 3 frames to 30 - but when compared to people with Prime frames / weapons that are forma'd up - I was still pretty gimped compared to them.  Like I said, it's a fun game, but I think the grind will melt my brain. ;)

I love the game and also had to join another clan to use the Dojo but if there is interest I will form up a CotP clan in game.