News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Sage/Sorc Changes

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9339690#edit9339690

For those who haven't seen, the sage/sorc healing changes have been posted.  After crunching numbers, I thought my findings might be worthwhile here.

There are a lot of complaints already posted in the forums, but the numbers might not be as bad as they seem.  Taking a parse from a brontes nightmare fight, assuming no change in effective heal percentages, it looks like the changes would reduce my total effective heals (including force armor) from 8133 to 7124 (this was figured out by taking the heals per second of each power, and plugging in the nerf percentages directly into each of those numbers).  However, the effective heals was only at 57 percent, so the impact may be less than that (as a point of comparison, the skilled commando healer that I was with was at 6401 ehps and 80% effective healing).  

To further mitigate the above number changes, the changes would likely result in some changes of healing choices (such as wandering mend not being used as often), which would likely increase the end healing number.  While the math is not perfect, I think it does provide enough hope that I would not recommend panicking about the changes and changing healing classes.  At best, we might see most of the nerfs absorbed by the healing waste that is regularly seen by sage healers during fights and by changes in power choices, and at worst, we might see a 14% reduction to overall sage healing capabilities (with absolutely no rotation changes or changes to percent of effective healing), which does not seem too horrible.

Nerfs might not be that bad in general. Yes, our favorite classes might be useless, but it gives us a chance to play other classes/roles. It is hard to gauge how good Sage healing is right now, because Imbola makes it look miles ahead of the other classes. With the new changes, maybe people might be able to beat Imbola's healing numbers!  :lol:

BTW, for those of you that think TK Sage is horrible right now, Imbola can out DPS me with it against my Gunnery Commando on certain bosses. Theoretical and parse numbers mean nothing when you are doing harder content. Both you and the target aren't standing still for you to do your full rotation. As long as you know the fights inside out, move out of position when requested and adjust your rotation when needed, you can play any class and be fine. 

The changes suck in my opinion. Sorcs are meant to be OP, hence having the Unlimited Power buff.

The main thing that sucks is that Revivification has been nerfed again. This is like the third or fourth time in a row that it has been nerfed.

I'm not saying I like or agree with the changes...just pointing out that it should not be as bad as it looks. The big flaw I see is the notion that all numbers for healers should be equal, where they should be balanced by being better or worse for different fights.

I'm not saying I like or agree with the changes...just pointing out that it should not be as bad as it looks. The big flaw I see is the notion that all numbers for healers should be equal, where they should be balanced by being better or worse for different fights.

Also the fact that each healer sort of specializes in different areas, be it AoE, burst or single, etc. I feel like they mostly try to make them all the same. 

I also wish they'd stop increasing the Force cost while reducing the effectiveness/heal output.