News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Summer time Brings a Bad Apple - @jambalayajake removed

The following is some info on a bad player with the following handle  @jambalayajake ; should you run across this person, do not invite them back to the guild.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Nightshade - An Alliance Leader

One of your guildies, who goes by the name Ayahuasca@jambalayajake decided it was a smart move to call my GL and daughter a #($#.

When she asked him to be careful which words to use, he then called her a punta, which I can only assume refers to a $^@(.

We have taken the liberty of taking a screenshot of the entire conversation thread.

As you are well aware of, this alliance takes a dim view of vulgarity, let alone unprovoked names directed at our guildies.

I trust that you will handle this matter accordingly as will we at our next guild leader meeting.

For the record, we are not above a bit of sophmoric humor and we can all be off color occasionally, but that was uncalled for; especially to a female and a minor.

We will expect appropriate action to be taken and look foward to hearing your decisions on this.

Nightshade

Co Founder

Unholy Reavers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Reply:

My apologies to you and your daughter for this bad apple member.

They were recruited in 6-16-17, are from the US, Louisiana, and I had not much interaction with them since.

I appreciate your brining this to my attention right away, here is what I will do.

1.  Remove them from the guild.

2.  Send them a message as to why, and share any reply I get with you.

3.  Report them to GM for bad behavior.

If you know of a way to ban a person from a guild permanently, please let me know.

I do have guild invites restricted to officer or above rank only, and I recruited them, so there was not much else that could be done to have prevented their acceptance. 

Please explain to your daughter that there are crazy people on the internet, we take a chance and give people a chance to prove themselves worthy, when they fail, they get removed.  This person is fail, and is removed.

Warm Regards,

Robert / Ramie.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message to Guild:

Good Morning,

We received a complaint from another guild leader that @jambalayajake insulted another alliance member and guild leader by using female derogatory language towards a female minor.  When asked to stop and told that it was wrong, the person continued anyway.  A screen capture of the entire event was recorded, and reported to me.

This guild, alliance, and Gaming Community of CotP.info is a 'family friendly' environment.  We do our best to make this known, and such behavior is not acceptable on the street, in the work place, at home, or in our games.

I apologized to Nightshade on our behalf for this person, am sorry I was not there to stop or witness it, and thanked him for promptly reporting it.

@jambalayajake will be removed from the guild, his behavior reported to the GM for sanction, and this handle will be banned from joining any guild or alliance associated with us in the future.

We take a chance when we accept people to the guild, and give them a chance to prove they are acceptable.  @jambalayajake was recruited by me in early June, I had not much interaction with the person and had not seen anything 'cringe-worthy' from them; if I had, they would have been removed right away, as I have done with others before.

The bad apple has been removed, continue on enjoying the summer event and your personal summer time.

Warm Regards,

Robert / Ramie

@taramanjushri

I am very sorry to hear this...

It is such a shame that people like that invade our virtual world as well as the real world....I tend to prefer the virtual world of Neverwinter and others as people tend to be much nicer than in the real world...

Well Done for taking prompt action...Proud to be a member of your guild.

Damon