News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • CoTP Community and other games

Knife

So I've been scaling back my SWTOR play while we haven't had any conquest going on (I will be on a lot more after 5.6 launches)  I have been playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 (I see sparkal there from time to time).  Was wondering if the CoTP chapter is still active there and who is in charge.  If it is inactive I would like to try and start it up again.  My current raiding guild in GW2 is based out of SWTOR.  They do ops several nights and then raid in GW2 the others.  I was hoping to try and get some of our chapter and the community involved in raiding a night nor two a week.  Its a great game and there is no sub. The raids are extremely challenging.  I can help anyone interested in trying it out get geared. I have a few friends I've know since launch over there but its nothing like the community we have here.  Would love to be able to play both games with CoTP peeps.

@Sparkal plays GW2, though I think she is with a different guild. I believe @Leah has access to this subforum, she also plays (and leads?) the CotP guild on that game, though the server it is on does not accept new characters. I too am growing disinterested in SWTOR and am seeing GW2 as an alternative, though I don’t know if it’ll be temporary or permanent. Would definitely like to run with CotP, though the server issues make things difficult. Wonder if a secondary one could be set up due to the official one being at capacity, is something that can be mentioned in the GW2 forums. 

One of the good things is servers in GW2 only matter in World vs. World competition.  Everyone on any server can group and do any content together without even knowing what server they are on.

You are more than welcome to organize in GW2. We don’t currently have a guild hall but feel free to unlock one; if you put in the resources you should choose which. :)  If you need anything from chapter lead, my playtime varies from lots to none depending on health issues but you can always reach me here. Grim is also co-lead but never logs in so I doubt his software is current.

I love GW2 despite some vacations to visit newer games; enjoy!

—Leah

19 hours ago, October said:

@Sparkal plays GW2, though I think she is with a different guild. I believe @Leah has access to this subforum, she also plays (and leads?) the CotP guild on that game, though the server it is on does not accept new characters. I too am growing disinterested in SWTOR and am seeing GW2 as an alternative, though I don’t know if it’ll be temporary or permanent. Would definitely like to run with CotP, though the server issues make things difficult. Wonder if a secondary one could be set up due to the official one being at capacity, is something that can be mentioned in the GW2 forums. 

That part you are particially right.  I play GW2, put I also tag up with COTP regularly.  I tag up with other guilds for WVW due to the fact that I can't get on our official one.  At least you can tag up to 5 guilds in the game.

2 hours ago, Leah said:

You are more than welcome to organize in GW2. We don’t currently have a guild hall but feel free to unlock one; if you put in the resources you should choose which. :)  If you need anything from chapter lead, my playtime varies from lots to none depending on health issues but you can always reach me here. Grim is also co-lead but never logs in so I doubt his software is current.

I love GW2 despite some vacations to visit newer games; enjoy!

—Leah

I meant to ask about trying it again.  I know there was in the past some people interested in a guild hall but nothing came about.  I would love to help get things kicking off again.  It varies what time I log in.  It all depends on what is going on in swtor depends on how often I log into GW2.  Some people in my other SWTOR guild also play GW2.   Its worth getting a guild hall even for the mats :)  I was thinking about maybe trying to get people together for the dungeons and PVP at least :)  We can also start thinking about running weekly missions.  We may need to do that in order to get the guild hall anyways :)

On 11/17/2017 at 4:27 PM, Starkindred said:

do not...I repeat DO NOT steal my Knife!

Don't worry not leaving just diversifying.  You know how to reach me if you need me my friend.  I know you bleed Starwars Star but you should give some other games a try.  It breaks up the  monotony and makes you enjoy the games a little more.  GW2 has some challenging raids.  I have a pretty good gearing strategy that I could help any of you with you if wanted to give it a try.  There are something similar to flashpoints (but shorter) called fractals.  You work your way through the tiers 1-4 and by the time you reach tier 4 you will have the gear you need to raid. It also fine tunes your skills along the way.  Just got to buy the game there is no subscription.

Sparkal/Leah let me know when you might be in GW2 so i can get an invite to our CoTP guild.  I can get us help on the Guild Hall. Thanks

Hey Sparkal has been playing GW2, and you have not lost Sparkal :)  

Don't forget there is also dungons in the game.  :)  I thought they were simiilar to flashpoints.  There definetly were tactics involved in them the last time I did any.  There is at least one dungeon left to do to unlock so that I have all the dungeon tracks unlocked in pvp and wvw.  I use those at least to get my exotics.   I never done fractals or raids yet in game.  I was like this with swtor.  I did not do raiding right away but I did a lot of pvp back in the day and that is what I am mostly doing these days in gw2.  I am posting pvp or wvw.  Though lately trying to unlock my waypoints because half the time I do not have them open when I need them.

Knife, I sent you an invite.  I was not sure if I had the ability to do so but it looks like I did :)

Edited by Sparkal

I can help depending on when; I play some daytime and early EST evening. Btw my current WvW servers for 2 additional accounts are Anvil Rock (Dragonbrand linked) and Darkhaven (Crystal Desert linked).  Pd might be able to hep but he plays with an Australian guild so his time zone is pretty different..

There is no rush for guild hall so whenever you are ready give a yell.  Someone has to take point though or it won't happen; happy to try even if we fail. I do not have to be there--whatever's easiest for you all.

--Leah

GW2 is an old scar for me...It was once owned by the company that KILLED my first real MMO love "City of Heroes". On that day I proclaimed my hate for NC Soft and their products and never touched anything of theirs. Seems overkill I know...But I was hurt deeply as was the rest of that community and the DEVs who lost their jobs overnight.

I'm a focus on one game guy anyways...I like super heroes and Star Wars. 

So No GW2 for me...

Star

• 1 month later...

Sorry, just seeing this post now, since it's been moved to our new forums.

We've often stated that we want to get a Guild Hall going, but we have never done it.  Hard to organise when all of us are on, because all of us are never on all together :)