News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Destiny 2 Free Trial

Demagogue

4 hours ago, Jaqen HGar said:

is this also for PC?

Yes, it is available on any console. You can play for free until level 7, and if you choose to purchase, you will be able to continue your progress. 

• CotP Sentinel

I downloaded this over the past weekend, and the game is really solid.  I had a lot of fun with it, so it's on my "list" of games to buy if the price ever drops again.  Unfortunately, I just missed their 50% off from the Black Friday Sale. 

I briefly spoke with Melkor who has put a lot of time into the game, but what do you guys think of the following:

1. How long did it take you to burn through the content?  Melkor took about 2-3 weeks to get through everything the game offered, but I know he tends to play 10-12 hours a day when he is really into a new game.
    2. How much of a difference is there in endgame / PvP between the three class types?  Obviously I know that each class specializes so they are better in some areas than others, but I'm more thinking along the lines of "how balanced are they?".
    3. What are your favorite parts of the game so far?
    4. I know the latest DLC is supposed to fix all the major issues that players have brought up since D2 released... Do you think they really fixed the issues in a way that players wanted them to?

1. I'd agree, it's got a good lot and I haven't even done it all yet. There's enough content for the month that it lasted and it'll be nice to see more now.

2. It's more so about play style and skill with classes. Nothing in my mind says they are not balanced as I play all three.

3. Fireteams - without a group to play with it gets a little repetitive

4. I don't see any "major issues" rather than opinions on how to improve content. Overall with what they have discussed it looks to address those opinions. 

19 hours ago, Elric said:
    1. How long did it take you to burn through the content?  Melkor took about 2-3 weeks to get through everything the game offered, but I know he tends to play 10-12 hours a day when he is really into a new game.
    2. How much of a difference is there in endgame / PvP between the three class types?  Obviously I know that each class specializes so they are better in some areas than others, but I'm more thinking along the lines of "how balanced are they?".
    4. I know the latest DLC is supposed to fix all the major issues that players have brought up since D2 released... Do you think they really fixed the issues in a way that players wanted them to?

It can take a while to finish absolutely everything, including finding all the lore and such, depending on your playstyle I suppose. But once you reach endgame, it is a continuous grind until you reach your max Light (power) level, then you just play to get cosmetic rewards, I suppose.

Can't really comment on much end-game activity since I've barely been able to scratch it since it released on consoles, rip. But endgame is definitely where the story and content begins. 

My favorites are mostly PvE group activities. Very satisfying downing difficult bosses and passing challenging obstacles and then dancing in triumph.

The DLC won't fix everything. The tradition is that Bungie says something, the community gains Hype™, the game comes out and the community enjoys it but after a month when there isn't enough new content to satisfy them they begin to bicker and complain about all of the game's shortcomings, until the next expansion. It's been this way since D1, and probably could've been made better if D2 was just an expansion of the first one, but I digress. Right now, Bungie's just said that going forward, they plan on communicating better with everyone, which they've said since the first issues of D1 so what can ya do.

Still, this game is very enjoyable if you play it casually or if you play it more hard core with raids and stuff. You'll only be disappointed if you let yourself, imo. Also, Rahool will disappoint you, too.

On 12/4/2017 at 2:17 PM, Elric said:

I downloaded this over the past weekend, and the game is really solid.  I had a lot of fun with it, so it's on my "list" of games to buy if the price ever drops again.  Unfortunately, I just missed their 50% off from the Black Friday Sale. 

I briefly spoke with Melkor who has put a lot of time into the game, but what do you guys think of the following:

1)  This really depends on how you look at it.  Some of the content is locked behind gear/power level doors.  Many of these can be compensated by having others well above that level but not all.  I am one who loves to get to all content as fast as possible so have all 3 of my characters to level 20 in 3 days.  I will say there is a good deal of content but there will be points were it gets repetitive as you try to get the right gear to progress to the next phase.  Many of the progression for gear after reaching max level is tied to the weeklies so once all of them are completed you are just waiting for the reset.

2) This is one area I feel they did a good job.  For the most part all classes are equal in pvp and pve from what I have seen.  In the original raid, all 3 classes have a job they excel at so it is nice.  But if you don't have that class you wont be hampered.  I ran in a group that had all titans and we had little to no issues completing the raid.  I am not a huge fan of pvp but from what I have seen, your gun selection makes a bigger impact than class choice.  Most of your damage will be done with weapons and not class abilities.

3) I have really enjoyed the raid and nightfall but also enjoy just landing on a planet and doing the public events.

4) I haven't had to big of an issue with any of the game mechanics other then the xp issues which they have been addressing for about a month now.  The dlc will add more content so to me that will be a welcome addition.

• CotP Sentinel

Thanks for the info guys!  Overall it sounds like you all enjoyed the game, so I'll keep it towards the top of my gaming list.  The new expansion for Ark comes out next week, so I'm sure that will keep me busy for a while.  Hopefully D2 drops in price over the Christmas / New Years, and I can snap it up at that point. :drinks: