LIFE IS FEUDAL

Join in on the fun and help us build a city and survive the impending wars in a medieval setting on a massive 10k player server.
Join LIF Today!

CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY

AION Chapter Emerges

We now have an AION Chapter which is accepting members, both new and old!
So if you are looking for a friendly guild, want to play with old friends or just wish to play under a familiar banner then come check us out.
For those unfamiliar, here is some basic information to wet your appetite!

AION

Aion is a rich MMORPG set in the fantasy world of Atreia. Originally requiring a subscription, Aion went free-to-play in 2012. The game has received several major updates since release, which have introduced such features as pets, player housing, and entirely new continents to explore. Unique to Aion is an aerial combat mode (PvPvE) where the two factions clash both among themselves and against NPC dragons for control over special zones and fortresses. Aion is known for having one of the most in-depth appearance customization options available via character creation. It is also built on the CryEngine.
Aion Key Features:
Loads of Content – game is updated with large patches, where level cap is raised and new zones/continents are added. Extensive Character Creation – one of the most detailed character creation processes in MMORPGs. Tons of Features – Aion has many different in-game systems that offer a variety of options, from mounts, pets, plastic surgery, gender changes, professions, and more. Unique PvPvE – fight against your enemy faction while also fighting against NPCs in The Abyss. Great Soundtrack – awesome music will accompany you as you explore Atreia.
Read more at https://mmos.com/review/aion

Read more...

Website Under Construction

I finally have some free time to implement some changes to the website as well as add more features which I think the community will find useful. We were intermittently down for a few minutes last night and this morning, because I was moving some directories around to improve the flow of stuff.  Currently, I am putting the finishing touches on our article system, which I look forward to seeing in action.  We are in short demand of news reporters, so if you like to write about games and other stuff,  please contact Vessa.
After we get a few more article submissions then we can roll out the front page, which Throne has been chomping at the bit to get done.
Today, I am going to install a Quiz page, similar to what we had before. That also, means that we will opening the doors for members to take the Sentry and Knight exams.  While I am going to install a bunch of new features, I just don't have the time to fully set them up and manage them, so I will be looking for other admins to take the lead.  

Read more...

CotP Youtube Channel

We need 100 subscribers to get our custom youtube channel URL...Please help us get to 100....!!!
Click on the link and subscribe: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_o9RGzv_E_bVmQAQSRtEQ
Read more...
News Ticker
  • SWTOR Announces Server Merges
  • Crowfall's Alpha 5 servers now running 24/7
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
Throne

Here we go....

Server: Buyan

Race: doesn't matter

VOIP - Mumble: https://covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/forum/538-voip-communications/

Discord: Only if you need to get a hold of me or Skywise in a pinch.

Map to village: attached

Guild: invite when you reach the village

4.png

5.png

Wait is that the initiation ... fight yer way to the  village?

• Upvote 1

probably easier to get to then our old place on Wurm.

• Haha 1

Just do not let Skywise give you directions and you should be fine!

• Like 1

tell me more.  Is this something that being a solo player can help with?  My time slots of playing are about opposite of you guys :(

But would I be useful and would I get anywhere?

• Like 1

We almost have folks going 24/7 already.  We could definitely use you helping out!

I'm sending out the bulk email tonight, so hopefully we'll start getting some more folks on the way.

As we work that way... what's the easiest way to find our guild villiage?

Such as, I hit a button on the map and it brings up what I assume are a bunch of guild names... but I don't see ours.  Did we name it something else?

Edited by Perfectd
  • Upvote 1

On 12/27/2017 at 10:35 AM, Damis said:

probably easier to get to then our old place on Wurm.

For some it's insanely difficult....and with xp loss, it can be brutal.  I'd say this is the most difficult to date.

Hey guys, got the email.  Haven't played a game with you all since 2011 or so, and I think it was SWTOR or Rift, but honestly I can't remember. LOL SO I doubt any of you remember me, and not sure I remember many of you, but I do remember enjoying playing with you all. 

What kind of presence do you guys think you will have in LiF?  Are you expecting a large guild? 

I've been wanting to jump into a good MMO, but there hasn't been a good one in some time.  How do you guys like LiF so far?  Is it a game you can see yourself playing long term?

How is the PvP in LiF?

What is the God's Favor used for?  Any PTW  or other essential items?

Is this game doable as FTP or is a subscription essential?

Edited by Wraith
  • Upvote 1

Hmm, just looked it up on Steam and it says available in January??  It doesn't give me an option to buy now?

Howdy yall. Played SWToR with yall a long time ago. Giving this a shot and trying to get Lassider in with me as well. I am currently installing and will head to the settlement when I can. How does the settlement area work with the land that we are able to claim with the subscription? will we get our own land to expand the settlement? Will we get to keep that land after the 30 subscription is over? Looking forward to learning this game with yall. See you in there.

• Upvote 1

Welcome folks:

Our initial settlement was too close to a server line to turn into a permanent guild village, so we're in the process of finding a new location.  Work on your skills and get to the northern half of the map for the time being.

2 hours ago, Vancealot said:

Howdy yall. Played SWToR with yall a long time ago. Giving this a shot and trying to get Lassider in with me as well. I am currently installing and will head to the settlement when I can. How does the settlement area work with the land that we are able to claim with the subscription? will we get our own land to expand the settlement? Will we get to keep that land after the 30 subscription is over? Looking forward to learning this game with yall. See you in there.

Vancealot, So the personal 150 tile claim from your subscription can be placed really anywhere, but once your sub time is up you will have to start paying for its upkeep and if you don't have that setup you will lose it.    In order to setup the upkeep you need to establish trade with the "crown" and trade goods for gold.

• Like 1

Thanks Sky. Now for my next incredibly noob question; how do I harvest plant fibers? I clicked on the ground but there is no option to harvest them. I have tried several different locations and the only options I have are: Inspect, Erect an Idol, Track animals, and Build Furniture. Is there something I am missing? Thanks for the advice in advance.

3 minutes ago, Vancealot said:

Thanks Sky. Now for my next incredibly noob question; how do I harvest plant fibers? I clicked on the ground but there is no option to harvest them. I have tried several different locations and the only options I have are: Inspect, Erect an Idol, Track animals, and Build Furniture. Is there something I am missing? Thanks for the advice in advance.

Jump in mumble for faster answers :to_become_senile:

But for fiber, there should be a gather option in there that will allow it.  but it cant be on a snow, rock, sand, or clay tile.

Cancel that, I did not go far enough away from the village to be outside their property. Got it figured out...

Here's the new settlement....mostly flattened already.  We're building huts and designing layout now.  Our monument is up and the land is ours.

4.png

12 hours ago, Wraith said:

How is the PvP in LiF?

What is the God's Favor used for?  Any PTW  or other essential items?

Is this game doable as FTP or is a subscription essential?

Can you guys help me out with these questions?  I'm trying to decide to buy the game or not, and if I do, which starter pack to choose.

Wraith,

So far I have not done any PvP. No idea yet about he God's Favor. Does not appear to be PTW, you basically make everything you want. Only thing I have seen that the sub is necessary for is to not pay "taxes" on your land. But you can set up trade with the crown to get money to pay the taxes. If any of this is wrong, please someone with more experience correct me. GL, so far I am enjoying it; it is challenging to get things done.

I don't know much about God's favor either....seems like something we'll need later on though.  No PTW, just skins and fast xp for sale so far.

Anyone else getting close to making it to the settlement?