News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • A night under siege and the daring escape of Throne.

Due to the nature of the events of the evening I was unable to acquire any visual aids to go along with this story so I will do my best to fill in the visuals with Disney Movie Pictures. 

The evening began as most evenings do. The forges were firing, the tanning tubs were bubbling and you could hear Vance's horses trotting around nearby. The air was cold and frigid and there was a light snow making the dark night even darker. It wasn't enough to  halt the progress as the Phoenix crew slaved through the night marching forward progressing the development of the settlement.

LIF1.thumb.jpg.b89972a1c54e933ba5fbb58af034d863.jpg

Part way through the night Skywise was standing guard on the southern palisade looking off into the blurry distance past where Throne was doing whatever it is Throne does on the south mountain. he saw a shadowy figure coming over the horizon. He squinted to try to make out if it was friend or foe and just as he realized what it was a row of light appeared and started flying toward the keep. 

download.jpg.fb7a9e897483f1685550f22f87f65edf.jpg1_W5hJkaE-B_AUBx-Bq9gMyw.jpeg.3173273ab65f0a3a906e016176ccb3e9.jpeg

He shouted "Siege!". He yelled at Throne on the mountain side and signaled behind him. Throne turned to look. He knew he was a dead give away with his torch on the hillside but had no time to throw it down. So instead he sprinted towards the village. Behind him he could hear the deep gallop of horses. He made it to the edge of the settlement just outside the fence and took shelter in one of the shacks.

mulanse-04.jpg.978ce40be3592f415cf8cd06415a348a.jpg

He heard one of them approach and just as he pushed through the drape he lunged to the side and jetted back out the door to the next shack. The assaulter followed and was outwitted again, and again, and again. Throne must have hit more than half the huts int he village sliding in and dodging his blow and sliding out. 

ZZ64DB5D9C.jpg.3fe726625475e780a8a6b1d67d3a09e2.jpg

After a long an grueling night the ever pressing Chinese managed to fight their way into our small fortress and slaughter our people.

Vengeance must be ours, retribution must be swift, Who will take up the call? 

• Like 1
    • Haha 4
    • Upvote 1

I too took part in that fateful night being one of those that perished in the blood bath. However, to quote a Couple of Legendary leaders "I fear all they have done is awaken a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."       We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Buyan, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength everywhere, we shall defend our Fort, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. 

4 hours ago, Perfectd said:

great story!

How did they end up pushing inside?  That means my safe spot isn't so safe... except for the times I can log in, they are all logged out :P

In the confusion of the chase and attack we believe they followed one of our members through the gate. We were completely caught off guard not to mention it was dark and we were all hard at leveling and building. All i can say is "There will be a day of reckoning".