News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • LIF Chapter Forum - Information.

• Administrators

I have been busy with work this last week and will continue to be busy for another week.   I only have time to sleep and work, so I have been absent from the game and forums this week. 

As far as the LIF Chapter forum goes,  I was waiting for people to join the LIF group before I could make them members and bump some to chapter leaders/officers.  I am listed as Admin, but that is only because I created the group.  I will help where I can, but I am not the chapter leader so I don't know who should be officers and what not.  I have bumped Throne and Skywise to chapter leaders, which gives them complete control of the LIF forums.

The way that the Chapter Group Forums work is thus.

• An admin creates the chapter group.
    • The chapter leader joins the group and is bumped to chapter leader.  The chapter leader has the exact same rights as the admin. 
    • I like having the admin rank there as placeholder for the rare times when a chapter leader quits the game and vanishes for a time without telling anyone.  Having a placeholder in place makes it easier to restart old chapters when we can't get a hold of the old chapter leader.  We could rename 'admin' to 'placeholder', 'anchor', 'chapter liaison' or whatever.  I don't care. 

Who can see what:

• CotP members, Registered forums users and guests can view and read threads in the public section.
    • Only CotP members and registered forums users can create threads and reply to posts in the public section.
    • Only Chapter Members can view, read, create and reply to the threads in the private section.   What this means is that even though I am a CotP member, I can't see a Chapter's Private forum unless I join that Chapter.

Ranks and Permissions:

The Chapter leader can use the default ranks such as Chapter Leader, Officer, Member.  Or the Chapter Leader can create his/her own ranks and assign them different permissions.  You can also rename the ranks, such Supreme Leader, Darth Lords, Plebs, ..ect.

Example, everyone joins the LIF Chapter.  Within the chapter, you could create a section called Dark Knights and only LIF members who belong to that group can read or post stuff in that section.

The link to LIF Chapter settings is hard to see. It's in the bottom left section of the banner on the LIF Group page. I will look into updating the CSS to make the link stand out better, later when i have the time.

-------- ~ --------

In any case, it's up to Throne and Skywise to get things rolling now.

• Upvote 1