CotP Discord Channel

Covenant of the Phoenix has a new official Discord Channel!!!
JOIN COTP IN DISCORD TODAY
By Damis

Conan Exiles - Time To Mount Up

It is time to mount your steeds and ride across the plains of the Exiled Lands. One of the most sought-after features since Early Access launch is a reality: Mounts are now available in Conan Exiles!  You can engage in mounted combat and level up your pets and thralls, so they grow more powerful the more time you spend with them.
MOUNTS
Getting a mount works the same way as getting a regular pet. You will first have to find a foal, then bring it back to a Stable to raise it. Stables work the same as Animal Pens, but are for horses only.
Like Pets/Thralls, horses will grow stronger as they level up. Raise several different horses to find one with the stats you like.
Once your foal has grown into adult horse it can be placed in the world, like a regular Thrall/Pet. To ride into the sunset like your favorite cowboy you’ll need to equip your horse with a saddle, which can be unlocked at level 20.
Saddles will have different effects on your mount:
Cavalry Saddle – Fast acceleration, maximum speed, minimum defense, minimum maneuverability Scout Saddle – Long sprinting time, medium speed, low defense, maximum maneuverability Warhorse Saddle – Slow acceleration, minimum speed, high defense, low maneuverability No matter which saddle you choose, using a horse to get anywhere is significantly faster than running on foot.
MOUNTED COMBAT
With mounts we’re also introducing mounted combat. Shoot your enemies from afar with a bow and gallop away before they know what’s going on. Grab a sword, axe or mace and swing away from the comfort of your steed.  Equip a pike or a spear and attack your enemies by stabbing at them or equip a lance and tear through your opponent’s defenses with a mighty charge.
We think mounted combat is going to add a whole new level to Conan Exiles’ PvE and PvP gameplay and we’re excited to hear what you think.
PET/THRALL LEVELING
We’re also adding a leveling system for Pets and Thralls that can follow you. Leveling a Follower grants them increased stats and special bonus Perks.
When placing a Follower, they start at level 0 with a base set of Attributes. Faction and Tier determines growth rate and base Attributes, to make sure similar pets and thralls won’t be exactly the same. You can check your Follower’s Attributes by selecting “Info” from the radial menu.
Killing enemies when a Pet or Thrall follows you will grant them experience points. Crafting, exploration and other activities will not. Pets/thralls will only gain experience points when they are following you. Pets/Thralls will gain perks as they level up, which will further enhance their capability and grant bonuses to Attributes. The more specialized the Perk, the greater the bonus.

Conan Exiles: https://www.conanexiles.com/
Read more...
By Damis

7 DAYS TO DIE - Alpha 19 B-157 Experimental Released.

The Fun Pimps are working towards another huge upgrade for the survival game 7 Days to Die, with a new experimental build out now to try. It's a massive upgrade again to many areas of the game. Some of what's new includes: Linear Color Space Lighting, Improved Gamepad Support, New Survival System & Critical Injuries, Interactive Loading Screen, Food and Water Bars in the UI and HD Characters.
Alpha 19 Official Release Notes
https://7daystodie.com/a19-official-release-notes/
Read more...
By Damis

Camelot Unchained Newsletter #67

Slowed but not stopped. 
We are now entering the new 90 day development period.  So we expect to see giants in all their glory or at least an early version.  Also, they plan on starting up a persistent world on a 24/3 [weekends] server run by their overlord program.  Some things we may also see during this period is are the Spirit mages and dragons as they start to get flushed out.
This months newsletter:  https://mailchi.mp/citystateentertainment/unveiled-camelot-unchained-newsletter-642244
News: https://camelotunchained.com/v3/category/news/
Read more...
By Damis

Amazon's MMO New World Release Date.

New World will launch on August 25th, 2020. It was originally planned for a May release date before the Covid-19 pandemic caused many games to be delayed. 
Does New World require a subscription?
No, there will not be a subscription fee to play New World. You only need to make a one-time purchase—it's $40 for the standard edition—though there may be expansions or other things to spend money on in the future.
Will there be a New World beta?
Yes, the closed beta begins on July 23, which you can get access to by pre-ordering.
https://www.newworld.com/en-us
Read more...
News Ticker
  • New Features are being added to forums. Stay tuned for updates.
  • Enjoy your summer everyone!
Elric

The New Rig!

In preparation for some of the big MMO's that I am very excited for (Camelot Unchained, Crowfall, etc.), I decided it was time to upgrade my 6 y/o PC that has seen better days.  Enter the new Elric Rig 2018!

vVRI3Wf.jpg

Specs:

• Processor:  Intel Core i7-8700K Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 (300 Series) 95W
  • CPU Cooler:  CORSAIR Hydro Series H55 Quiet Edition Water / Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm
  • CPU Thermal Paste:  ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal Paste, Carbon Based High Performance Thermal Compound
  • Motherboard:  ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX
  • Solid State HD:  WD Blue 3D NAND 250GB PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s 2.5"/7mm
  • Storage HD:  Seagate BarraCuda Pro ST2000DM009 2TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
  • Graphics Card:  MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti DirectX 12 GTX 1070 Ti DUKE 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
  • Memory:  CORSAIR 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 4000 (PC4 32000)
  • Power Supply:  EVGA 700W 80+ BRONZE
  • Case:  Rosewill Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Supports up to E-ATX / XL-ATX, Comes With Four Fans - 1 x Front Red LED 230mm Fan, 1 x Top 230mm Fan, 1 x Side 230mm Fan, 1 x Rear 140mm Fan - THOR V2

I placed the order yesterday morning with Newegg.com, with 3 business-day shipping.  It all arrived today!  Apparently FedEx was trying to get out all the shipments ahead of some big snowstorm that is going through the middle of the USA.  In any case, I'm not going to complain.  So excited!

• Like 1

Nice, man, have fun building it! How expensive did the video card run you? Heard it’s inflated due to cryptocurrency mining. 

$600, so yeah, definitely big time inflation!  I was originally shooting for half that cost on the video card.  Then I was comparing the parts I chose with an iBuyPower build (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227807), and that got me into checking benchmark scores for the various nVidia cards.  Once I saw how much higher the 1070ti was scoring compared to the 1060 I had originally chosen, I was hooked.  I almost pulledt he trigger on the 1080, but for $100 more the improvements on the benchmark scores didn't seem worth it.  Some of the benchmarks even have the 1070ti higher than the 1080.

Looks likes loads of fun from building it to actually using it.  Good luck.

Nice build. How about you show us some pictures when it is all set up? :)

I currently use a 660. It's enough to run most games I play, but some of the newer ones I am interested in show issues. Nothing too detrimental, however. If I had the budget, I would get a 1080ti, but I don't, so the next best thing would be to wait until the next Cyber Monday before getting one. That's not the only hurdle, however, as I am also seeking the be-all end-all of Monitors; once I get one of those, it'll be a while yet before I need to replace it. Besides, considering how often graphics cards require an upgrade, unlike Monitors, I think it'll be best if I settle with a 1060 3GB. By the time even that needs to replaced, I won't have to put money aside for a monitor, as I would have already gotten that out of the way. And I'm sure it will last a good while too, considering how long the 660 has proven to be good for. Maybe by then the whole virtual currency fiasco will have blown over too.

My other plan is to save up and not spend a dime until Cyber Monday besides necessities such as food and whatnot, but that will be one heck of a wait. I would probably have enough to comfortably spend on a 1080ti and that monitor I want to get though.

If I'm lucky, I'll find a good job, and therefore not have to worry about this at all, lol.

EDIT:  I also thought of putting together a second computer, but the thing is, is that my current computer is already put together. All I have to do is upgrade it bit by bit. Since I cannot afford everything all at once, parts for a new computer would just be sitting there until I acquire everything, so I might as well upgrade this one to get upgrades now rather than having to wait for anything.

Edited by Maxiine

You'll have to pardon the mess of cords inside the case... I haven't gotten around to fixing that up yet.  For now though, the computer is up and running!

Lights off vs. lights on...

J5FUNKS.jpg

Also, here is a comparison of benchmarks between my old PC (on the left), and my new PC (on the right).  I'm not sure why Novabench lists the old computer's GPU as the onboard Intel video... It was definitely run on the nVidia GTX 670.

51lM7Bf.jpg

XYnEylS.jpg

Now, here is the one thing that I have not been able to figure out.  I bought 4000 Mhz DDR4 memory, and I had chosen the motherboard because I knew that it specifically supported this model of Corsair DDR4 @ 4000 Mhz.  I noticed originally that the BIOS had it only running at 2133 Mhz.  I upgraded the BIOS, changed the XMP Profile, and now it is running at the correct 4000Mhz.  Great, right?  My RAM scores went up, but for some reason the 2D Mark score went down!  I then decided that maybe the processor wasn't keeping up with the new memory speed, so I used the built-in CPU overclocker in the BIOS.  That made it somewhat better, but my 2D Mark score is still really low.  Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Left side the Passmark test that I ran before increasing the DDR4 speed.  Right side is the current score.

LqSKk7W.jpg

Awesome rig!  Love it!  Scores are hot!  Why the low 2D marks?  No way to know, you mentioned the MB was designed to use these DDRs, and only changed with a BIOS update.  I'd call ASROCK and get a tech on the line, you spent a lot of money, they should be able to explain the lower scores.  It would be helpful if you can provide them with a test score from another source that shows it was higher - kinda like false advertising, but you just want it fixed, hoping there is one.  Hope it works out for you!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.