News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Latest Chronicles of Elyria information

Howdy folks!

Chronicles of Elyria is starting to ramp up and Pre-Alpha along with map voting and, domain/land selection are only a few months away. With that in mind I'm compiling a list of all the latest information, updates, and videos that have been happening the last couple of months to keep folks updated. I'm here as a representative of the Kingdom of Kairos on the NA-E server, though I know a couple of folks like Cheatle, Lifedragn, and Alexander Damocles from back in the PFO Days.

Surname Reservation

Surname reservation is live, and everyone should be able to now reserve their surname provided they bought a pledge package to do so. You can register your custom surname by visiting https://chroniclesofelyria.com/surname-reservation

Character Creation in depth look

Recently we got a rather long video that showed off character creation on a variety of the tribes, you can check that video out here.

Map voting:

Map voting is supposed to happen some time in May/June. We will be voting on what map we want for the server, how the biomes/land are arranged. For an idea of what the starting continent that we are voting on could look like, there is this example map.

chronicles-of-elyria-game-map-concept.jp

Kingdoms have specific tribes in them, that is the one thing that won't change due to map voting. The following is a list of tribes in each of the kingdoms.

Kingdom 1:
    Brudvir
    Hrothi

Kingdom 2:
    Neran
    Hrothi

Kingdom 3:
    Neran
    Kypiq
    The Waerd

Kingdom 4:
    Neran
    To'resk
    The Waerd
    Dras

Kingdom 5:
    Neran
    To'resk
    Dras

Kingdom 6:
    To'resk
    Janoa

And for information about what each tribe's qualities are, you can browse the following guide to dig deeper into them. 

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/game/tribes

Domain Selection

There isn't an exact date for domain selection, but it will be happening not too long after map voting. This is where Kings/Dukes/Counts/Mayors will be picking where they want to settle. You don't necessarily have to pick when domain selection starts, but it is advisable to do so as some of the "best" land might be taken if you wait too long to choose.

Crafting:

We just got a very long and in depth update on how crafting is going to work in CoE. It's far too large to just quote the good bits, but it certainly seeks to make crafting challenging, involved, and rewarding for those that enjoy that aspect of play.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/24679/Design-Journal-Crafting-Redux

Layaway

If you have anything on Layway it needs to be paid off by the end of April.

That's a bit of what has recently gone on in the world of CoE, if there is something you're wanting to know about the game/current state of development/state of the community/Kingdom of Kairos. Then feel free to post here, or PM me and I'll answer what I can. I'll also try to keep this OP up to date as we get new information about the game.

For easy reading Q3, and Q4 means "Quarter 3 and Quarter 4." T1, T2, and T3 means "trimester 1, 2, or 3," and implies a 4-month window. S1 and S2 means "semester 1 or 2" and implies a six-month window of time.

1. V3 of the Website (Q3 2017)
    2. ElyriaMUD (Q4 2017)
    3. Alpha 1 (T1 2018)
    4. Server Selection (T1 2018)
    5. Settlement / Domain Selection (T2 2018)
    6. KoE (T2 2018)
    7. Design Experiences (T3 2018)
    8. Alpha 2 (T3 2018)
    9. Beta 1 (S1 2019)
    10. Prologue & CoE Adventure Toolkit (S1 2019)
    11. Exposition (S1 2019)
    12. Beta 2 (S1/S2 2019)
    13. Stress Test (Any paid account)(S2 2019)
    14. Launch (S2 2019)

So KoE is the first time that you can actually make your mark in the world. This means everything from building your land to discovering that cool secret temple at certain coordinates. It's optional to play, but there are tangible rewards for playing and everyone who backs the game can do so, you can even be a regular citizen and work your way up to mayor through KoE even though this will be used primarily for testing.

https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Kingdoms_of_Elyria

Exposition is the actual launch and it's the 3 month no wipe headstart

https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Exposition

So the first time you can change the world and build your group is KoE which will likely be sometime this summer/early fall. And launch is sometime in the first half of 2019.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

They are opening back up count packages for a limited time, as well as larger tier EP packages. Seems they are also doing a limited time stretch goals for their kickstarter anniversary, so there might be some items for sale in their shop.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/25921/Kickstarterversary-is-Here-Again

We also have our first video of equipment and weight system from the post: https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/25910/Adventure-Completion-Sense-of-Identity

Also contained in the post is some really beautiful screenshots like

chronicles-of-elyria-biome-exploration-tropical-wetland-topology-may-05_pre-alpha.jpg

• 2 months later...

@Fierywind told me about this game  and now i'm pretty excited.

if they get half their pkans right, i'll still be in love with this game. 

and  today started a community event that allows people to earn a free basic (45$) account:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/news/26945/Will-you-survive-the-Searing-Plague-Event

I sent her a pair of purity seals anyways. I've selected the Herbalist role. Haven't been really following the game closely, but I am pledged in. Haven't chosen a kingdom and probably will not until map regions are done. I'm fairly set on playing Brudvir.

The kingdom I'm with has several people planning on playing brudvir, while knowing we're unlikely to get it. They'll just march some down if they aren't where we are. We are able to cure (give 180 seals) about 2-3 a day if anyone wants to hop in and check the game out https://discord.gg/wVBepCG

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Pre-Alpha / Prelyria footage of a man walking in a town! Very much a work-in-progress! Contains temporary assets!
    AManAboutTown.gif
    AManAboutTown2.gif

Pre-Alpha / Prelyria footage of a man engaging in combat! Very much a work-in-progress! Contains temporary assets!
    JelloMan.gif

Haha no, these were shared by the development team earlier this week. We don't expect alpha 1 to start until probably q1 next year, but we do have Domain Selection coming up, probably before the end of the year, where any titled players will be able to select their starting territories, so that's one of the biggest pre-release events. I know we have a few mayors and at least one count that will need to select territory.

I'm pledged as a count with Alpha I access, but haven't really been following the development lately, and have no idea of any drama that is currently going on politically.

Looking at the maps, I honestly have no preference, so I'm not voting at this point.

But maybe we should use the occasion to figure out how we want CotP to be present in the game. I take it most if not all of us are looking at the "Luna"/NA-East server. From the point of view of a united CotP presence I'd say it would make sense to have our counties and baronies (or do we have anyone pledged even higher?) grouped under a single duchy. So if decision time is to come before the end of the year as Fiery expects, it's high time for us to figure out where we want to be and which king and duke we want to pledge fealty to. I think of it as pre-chapter formation, if we miss this opportunity, we probably won't be able to have a united CotP-held area, and what good is a chapter if we are spread all over the map?

So do any of you have any preferences (or are already dead set on one particular arrangement)?

The only ruler/group that I've remotely had any dealings with is Phyllain, King of Alesia and presumably Duke of Xeilias. While in my time in PFO they were our enemies and running a more evil-themed dictatorship-type "Empire of Xeilias", they seemed to be mostly decent people irl and fairly well organized.  If Alesia is intended to be not so totalitarian and evil, I wouldn't mind playing with them.

However, I take it Fiery, you're already fairly heavily involved with another kingdom?

You would be correct. I am a member of leadership in the kingdom of Kairos, and am heavily involved in the duchy of Cremoria, a duchy I think would be a good fit for many of us.

I have reached out to both vessa and damis over the last two months about exactly what you just talked about kero, but have not received any real response yet, though I'm still working on it. I have several of our old pfo guys with me already, and brought on a couple other cotp members such as Amanda. That being said, if anyone wishes to speak to Cyneric, my Duke, and learn about his duchy, feel free to dm me. I am *very* confident Domain Selection I by end of year it very very shortly after.

Server selection starts on Monday, 11/19.  It's time to decide on that.

I basically stopped paying attention to the handful of in-dev games I'm pledged to, so I have no idea about, well, anything about CoE in terms of the politics and group organizing.  It would appear that I'm Mayor/Baron level (whatever that means beyond the obvious).

I've been trying to engage with cotp leadership about this, but I've got quite a few cotp with me on the NA-E server. Server selection is supposed to last I believe 30 days, so there's some time, but a decision does need to be made