News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Migration

I have decided to move Spryone out of CoTP and join the Guild known as Stormsong. I guess the main reason is that when I started playing Shroud I looked forward to playing with so many of you who were commited to the game. Those of us who are playing are still playing and enjoying everything about the game. It has its querks but they will all get better with time. Each patch makes Shroud just a little bit better and just like EVE it will be expanding and fleshing out into the game UO could never be. I love playing with everyone who is in CoTP presently and who has been in it in the past but after committing to Shroud as much as I have I want to be able to play with groups of guildies regularly and enjoy the other aspects of the game as a group of Avatars. We have been there in spurts as CoTP and it has been great fun when we were. Release has happened and those who have come back are either here to stay or not. The guild I have joined seems to be like us spread out throughout the World with players on at different times of the day but more than just one or maybe two others besides myself. This should allow for groups the opportunity to complete those ring events or crafting recipe trading events that UO/Shroud is all about. Heck a couple Fridays ago I was out on the dance floor while a DJ was jamming out some tunes on Twitch in a Community event. Its been a long time since I got to do the "Humpty Hump".

Summ!,

Spry

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Spry,

I agree with you that SotA despite its bugs and unfinished content is still a lot of fun.  I believe I was the one who originally brought SotA to CotP's attention.  I never thought it would never draw a large player base of current members as it is clearly a niche game.  I had hoped that we would be able to draw new players to the guild since we provide a large community, great forums, and strong overall leadership that would make us appealing.  Given that this game was an open development game for a couple of years we as a chapter never defined what we were about.  Some of the biggest guilds in SotA clearly had a vision of what they wanted and they created it.  Although we has a strong core base of players for a while we never truly had a vision or a direction.  I am not even sure that I remember having a healthy discussion other then a few posts her on the forums or chatting amongst ourselves in Discord.  As an officer and main cheerleader of this game I take responsibility for that lack of direction and vision.  It didn't help that due to an emergency medical condition I was gone for 2 solid months.  Having said that, my latest approach as been to try and get non CotP friends interested in the game.  I have gotten about 15 people to try the free trial however only 1 seems to want to stay with it.  These were all hardcore UO and Ultima fans so I felt they would appreciate the design.  Unfortunately with the learning curve coupled with bugs and in some cases technical difficulties running the game (I couldn't log in for a month because of windows 10 update not letting me load the game and I got tired of always uninstalling the update just to play Sota when every other game of mine played fine).  First  impressions as so important.  I think Port would of done better by minimizing the scope of chapter 1.  If they focused on the main systems of combat and crafting which I actually really like and maybe one story path in one region they could of nailed it and the polish of the scenes would of been great.  The new scenes look awesome but releasing 3 a month is way too slow but if they only had one region all scenes would of gotten proper love and they could of added the other 2 storylines as chapter 1.2 and 1.3.  

I am undecided in terms of either joining a more establish active guild that enjoys PvP or putting my own small crew of players together that will focus on PvP.  Everyone is on my friends list and I am always up to group up with anyone so just send me an IM.