News Ticker
  • Welcome to 2021, let's hope it is better than 2020.
  • Ideas on Upgrading

GohanF22

Ok so I am an animator and modeler and my pc needs to be constantly upgraded when certain upgrades are released and new software is released.  So this is my question I pose to you all: should I get the new Threadripper 2 and Nvidea GTX 1100 when they come out?  I am giving my 1080ti to a friend cause he needs something better so I am probably going to upgrade to the 1100.  Yes I know the price is going to be staggering.  The Threadripper 2 price I have no idea what they will be priced at.

Fenix

• CotP Sentinel

Most of the time when new graphics cards come out; they need some time to get the bugs worked out and drivers updated.  I'd say wait 2-3 months for the price to come down as well.  The prices are insanely high on graphics cards these days!

Yeah I think that is my best course of action is to do that.  I mean usually the better gpus are always the third party companies like EVGA, ASUS, etc. that make the better versions.  Plus, what you said Elric, the price could go down after it is out for 2-3 months.  I just wish they do something about these Bitcoin farmers for gpus.  Ruining prices bad.

Edited by FenixF22

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.